PDA

View Full Version : not nervous any more

sue ellan
07-29-2015, 09:27 AM
i had to take my SO to omaha to the doctor. stayed at a motel overnite. the next day i got dressed and we went to the free breakfast, had a good
conversation with the clerk at the front desk. the clerks didnot bleave me that i was a guy dressed up a lady. had to show them my driver license to prove it. then went home via the interstate and
used the rest stops. had lunch at a applebees. no one did a second look. the waitress called us ladies.no problems any where or any time. it was great fun.

this is not the first time that i have been out dressed. i think the secete is just walk in like you own the bussness and no on e will pay any
attion to you.

sue ellen

life is like roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Jorja
07-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Good for you, Sue Ellen. The real key is to "own it". It is just another normal day in your life.

Jamie Christopher
07-29-2015, 10:06 AM
You're so right Sue; confidence and attitude make a huge difference, and I've found that a nice smile is always disarming....

Jamie

Tracii G
07-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Go in like you belong there, engage people and you will be surprised some will read you, some won't and most won't care either way.
I'm glad you had a great time.

Angela Marie
07-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Once I let go of my inhibitions and nervous attitude it became much easier.

Steph_CD_62
07-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Nice to hear from another person from Nebraska. I am always afraid of what others will say if I ever decided to go out in public. I know I am no way even close to passing, so I would just be a guy in a dress.

kimdl93
07-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Sounds as though you have it down pat. Enjoy the world now, free from those old apprehensions!

BLUE ORCHID
07-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Hi Sue Ellen, You really have this program mastered.:hugs:

Lori Kurtz
07-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Your first time out dressed? What a wonderful success story! You're no doubt partly correct, that being confident in your femininity can make a big difference in how people perceive you, but there has to be more to it than that. You must be blessed with a great natural look, and you must have picked up the skills to make the most of it. Congratulations on all of that!

Jaylyn
07-29-2015, 08:27 PM
I like stories like you wrote. Good times and no problems, hope your wife is ok and nothing serious. Your right about the confidence thing. It applies in life and everything we do. Act like we own it.

britneyb
08-05-2015, 04:19 PM
hey sounds like fun, can I come next time?

ChristinaK
08-05-2015, 09:14 PM
I lived in Omaha many years. I have found that in Lincoln or Omaha, you are in good shape. On the Kansas Turnpike, or on I80, well, it's a mixed bag. If you act like you belong there as a woman, I think you are exactly correct. There are many corn fed women there (Doh, I didn't say that, did I?) that would pass as mixed gender in other places. I can say that as I have close relatives that meet that description! Please don't shoot me for my candid synopsis

Krisi
08-06-2015, 07:05 AM
It's great that you were out and had a good time and no problems. Just be aware that it doesn't always go this smoothly. Members here have reported unpleasant incidents in the past. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful.

Here's a current thread on someone else's experience going out in public:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?230359-Confronting-the-masses