PDA

View Full Version : DADT and relationship development

Robinadress
07-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I want to give an update on how a DADT relation can develop.

I told my SO about my crossdressing very early in the relationship. She was shocked, afraid and sad. When she understood I had been outside dressing she became very sad, but she never told me that I wasn’t allowed. So I kept sneaking around going out whenever she was away. If she called me on the phone I tried not to comment on what I was doing because I knew how sad she would be. Sometimes she understood I was crossdressing, but didn’t say anything, and I understood that she knew but I didn’t say anything either. I didn’t know what she was thinking about it, and she really didn’t know in what way I crossdressed.

I wasn’t satisfied of the way we communicated about this. The relationship is very good in all the other ways, and I love this woman, and I know she loves me.

We have been together for almost five years, and I was curious why she never brought up the question about us having children together. I feared that the reason was that she was insecure about my crossdressing. Two weeks ago she asked if it was about time to try to have children. I was surprised that the question came in that situation. Just for the record, I would love to have my own children, but I will not have children if we haven’t agreed on how we will deal with this part of me.

I answered her that I think we need to talk before we make that decision.

This spring I had prepared a letter to her that explained my crossdressing history and what I needed in the future. I am prepared to do a lot of sacrifices but I wrote that I needed to have my clothes in my closet and that she gives me time to go out when I need and that I can tell her what I have done before and after I have been out. I can’t live in a relationship where I have to feel I do something illegal.

That evening when we came home we talked about how this will affect both of us, and that I needed her to accept this part without me hiding. There were many tears, but we cleared out a lot of issues for us both. I was just happy we finally talked about this subject. She told me she had no intentions of leaving me because of this, and said she understood this was a part of me I had to keep up doing. She was upset that I lied when I was out, but understood that it was hard to tell her when she became so sad. We agreed she would give me time, and that I was going to be honest when I went out. We went to bed and both had a good night sleep.

My so knows and has seen my clothes in my closet. She almost never opens the closet door. The next day I was at work in the evening, and she send me a picture on snapchat. She had opened my closet, took out my favorite dress, took a picture of the dress with a picture of us two and a little baby and wrote: “The dress would be no problem”. It was the biggest love anyone has ever shown me. The next days we talked about my crossdressing without any problems at all.

A couple of weeks later she read my letter. It was really long, and I was still nervous on how she would react because it was so much information we really hadn’t talked about, but I was 100% honest. I told her I needed to go out as a man in a dress and that someone we know probably would recognize me in the future. I said I hoped she would stand by my side and be proud of me if that happens. A lot more was written too. After reading the letter she had tears in her eyes and turned to me gave me a hug and a kiss and told me she loved me. She said the tears in her eyes wasn’t sad tears but she was moved to read about us two and our future and my crossdressing history.

I was so happy and relieved, and after this our relationship has been better than in a long period. I will still try to calm down how much I will push this, and don’t go to fast. I have read too many stories on how crossdressers are so happy with their wife’s approval that they get overwhelmed too fast. I now have great faith in the future.

Thanks for reading this too long story. I would like hear how your partner has changed her/his attitude from or too DADT and how acceptance or non-acceptance has developed over the years.

pamela7
07-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Robina,
Yours is a moving story, and heartwarming. I have been lucky to escape DADT and have a fully open relationship where i can dress all the time. It took pacing and time and accepting my SO's own needs to adapt to the situation. Wherever we are on the DADT spectrum there are limits to be respected, boundaries that can be pushed and crossed, but all underpinned with love.

xxx Pamela

Katey888
07-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Hi Rob,

What a lovely story and what a great relationship you have - and a fab wife too, by all accounts! :cheer:

No DADT from my side (being completely secret, I'm afraid) but nobody could wish for a happier outcome than you seem to have found - I would certainly love to have that level of acceptance from my wife too... :)

Good luck with any baby-making! :D

Katey x

LeslieSD
07-29-2015, 03:32 PM
What a lovely story, and a lovely couple. That's great progress and a wonderful outcome. It gives all of us who are still struggling with SO acceptance some hope that one day things will go the better way. Thanks for sharing.

Pat
07-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Great read and I hope you two (and the kids) have a great future together. :)

Teresa
07-29-2015, 06:17 PM
Robina,
Thanks for updating us, it so good it eventually went well with your partner. We all know CDing isn't a bad thing it's not a criminal offense and yet we're made to suffer for something we can do nothing about . There are more important factors to consider when a having children, Cders usually make good and caring fathers maybe if transition is on the horizon the wife will have reservations but you love each other so why not have a family and enjoy the future they bring . Sometimes you may have to take a back seat but that happens anyway ,that's life !

cheryl reeves
07-29-2015, 06:30 PM
congratulations,i hope y'all the best..my wife knew at the beginning but we never discussed it,i snuck around when she was at work,i dressed in front of the kids til my son kept saying not the momma then quit for 5 yrs cold turkey til it all blew up and my wife dragged cheryl out of the closet and burned it down so i could no longer hide,now we talk more and i can dress when i have the chance or for bed..

justmetoo
07-29-2015, 06:52 PM
Your story brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad it's progressing so well! Sounds like true love there.

TrishaTX
07-29-2015, 06:59 PM
Great story and a tear in my eye when you felt accepted and loved. We all long for this. I am close with my wife, but my deciet and DADT with her, almost ruined us. I too should have been open, I too should have written a note like yours....I often regret this. Instead she found out poorly and I suffered the consequences. Recently, I realize I cannot do DADT and am working to assure I never get there again. The hiding is what caused more pain for me. I need to be accepted and loved. Thanks for the story,

Jaylyn
07-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Good story and I wish the best for you and your wife. I never did the DADT except when I wanted to dress way too sexy or in something she didn't approve of.

kimdl93
07-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Very encouraging. It's remarkable what a powerful combination exists In honest communications and genuine mutual commitment.

Candee
07-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Such a beautiful story and it's so wonderful to be accepted by your SO. I wish nothing but the best for you two and I'm sure you'll be very loving parents.

bridget thronton
07-30-2015, 01:45 AM
Wonderful story thanks for sharing it

St. Eve
07-30-2015, 02:25 AM
Rob, thanks for your story and congratulations!! Sounds like you are in for a wonderful family adventure.

Since it looks like I am initially heading into a DADT kind of relationship for a bit while my SO works on her fear and flooded emotional response to my coming out, your story gives me great hope AND most importantly patience!! For now I can hold hope (without becoming overly attached) while we walk through the process. I know we both love and trust each other. I just do not know if we can stay married if I move into a world where my truth demands more gender fluid expression....

Peace
St. Eve

Claire Cook
07-30-2015, 07:42 AM
Robin,

Thanks for sharing this lovely, touching story. It says volumes about open communication. All the best to you both.

Claire

JamieG
07-30-2015, 07:49 AM
This sounds very positive. My wife and I went through a similar period. When I first came out we were very much DADT. Then we started talking about having children, and I was worried that she had buried her head in the sand with respect to this aspect of me. I was afraid that it would come to a head later, and I didn't want risk having our future children be collateral damage. We talked about it, and she assured me that she was accepting. We ended up having two children. Over the years, the role of crossdressing in our life together has evolved. For the most part, I still don't dress around her (and only in front of the kids one Halloween), but we talk about it more often. Earlier, we had a few major fights about the extent of my crossdressing, but its been quite a while since the last one. Occasionally, she will say to me, "Aren't you due for a girls' night out?" and we regularly joke about it. I feel that our relationship now is much stronger than it was before I came out.

BillieAnneJean
07-30-2015, 08:08 AM
I don't think that any CDer would choose DADT. I think that it gets pushed on us by our SOs. The problems can become compounded thereafter by our SO's fears, internet "research", religion, and what negatives they can find on forums. Or the problems can be reduced by internet research and god information they find on the forums, although in my sampling of CDers this is the exception. There is no sensationalizing in good news.

When my beloved SO decided that she wanted to know everything, ending DADT, she began to reduce her fears and suspicions. Once she started going with me when I was OUT enfemme she could see that it wasn't solicitation for sex. The more she saw and learned the less she had reason for her fears. But you must keep in mind that I wasn't doing anything that she was fearful of. That my CDing was and is simply the joy of being enfemme.

I think that DADT is not good for the loving and faithful relationship between a SO and a CDer. If the CDer is involved in sexual and/or unsafe activities that the CDer should not be doing as part of their relationship with their SO, then DADT is not the first cause of the relationship failure. Keeping secrets with DADT only hides the problems.

I love my SO more than anything or anyone. I OWE her my loyalty and faithfulness because she has been there for me, as I have been there for her. She is the one person I can always run to, always count on, cling to in the flood, revel with at the sunset. As I am for her. It wasn't easy as she worked through things. But it was certainly worth it. She is magnificent.

Robinadress
07-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Thank you for all the lovely words.

I am very happy about the latest development, and really looking bright on the future because we have started to talk about this too. We have been in DADT for almost five years, and I have gone really slow. I think that is necessary. I know so well that this isn’t the end of this story. We still have to agree where our boundaries are. My SO is talking more about this now, but she hasn’t seen how this will affect her when I start telling her about my trips. She totally understands that I need to wash my clothes, and now she will see the clothes when we do laundry. I will take it slow, but really think she will handle this in the future. I know for shore that her fear of what this is when she hasn’t known anything, is much worse then how it is in reality. I don’t do anything dangerous, I’m simply a man that loves to wear dresses and skirts. I will keep you updated.

I love to read about others in similar situations, and how your wife/SO acceptance has changed for better or for worse with time. I have learned so much from reading your stories, and I hope others will learn something from my experiences too.