PDA

View Full Version : Cost

thecddj
07-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Just a rough kind of figure really,
How much do you all spend each month on things that you use for your"crossdressed" self??
I have had a look through my ebay purchases and i spend on average over the last year £30-£70 on things that i have seen and really like, from some really cracking bargains to the more expensive one offs.
Lately i have found some cracking bargains on ebay that would of cost 10x the price elsewhere. (my bank balance thanks ebay so much lol)
What kind of spend do you all have ???

Alice_2014_B
07-30-2015, 07:34 PM
I've spent hundreds of dollars on heels on Ebay.
Since I ceased such purchases I spend about $10-$15 a month I guess.
I find great deals at thrift stores.
:)

Adriana Moretti
07-30-2015, 07:54 PM
I dont keep track, cause I dont want to know....but I have gotten smarter...my clothes budget is not much, cause I am picky and thrifty, shoes...i get the basics, makeup once bought is easy to maintain,....its the drugstore that gets me with the razors,nair,makeup remover, body butter, nail polish,eye cream,moisturizer, baby whipes, skin care products, cotton balls, baby oil, coconut oil,Q-Tips, nail polish remover, cocoa butter, makeup sponges, ohh...and a fleet.....yea..i dont leave a drugstore without dropping a 50 spot weekly

paulaprimo
07-30-2015, 09:16 PM
after years of building a wardrobe, I now seldom spend over $100 in a month, if even that...
but, when I first started I remember one particular month when I spent over $3000 and it still seemed
like I didn't have enough "stuff".
and in the past 4 years I doubt I've spent over $50 for male clothes, lol

St. Eve
07-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Until last week, I did not ever spend a dime in 40 years of CD. I mostly wore my SO clothes or clothes of women I was staying with or living with, plus found items (stuff left for goodwill by my SO or others or found items in laundromats, etc...)
Two months ago, in our first therapy session about my need to go back to CD, I broke out into tears when I realized the following: I spend almost nothing on men's clothes (good will and outlet stores mostly on the clearance racks) BUT I would so love to spend money on female clothes for me!!
I only started buying in the last week and already spent over $40 just on panties and a couple camisoles and a couple pairs of tights - at least twice as much as I spend on men's clothes in the average month. I have so much joy in the purchases.....
Sunday will be my first trip to good will to look to buy outfits to put on top of what I already have. I have laughed with friends that it just does not seem right to go shopping for dresses and skirts and tops without being able to be in the dressing room with my own panties and camisoles!!

Laughing with joy and freedom (pink fog)
Peace
St. Eve

cheryl reeves
07-31-2015, 01:40 AM
i hardly spend any money on clothes male or female,i usually wear my clothes til they are worn out and am forced to buy new clothes..i have jeans that are 15-18 yrs old some still like new,most of cheryls clothes are 12-15 yrs old..i never was one for shopping..

Claire Cook
07-31-2015, 05:36 AM
I frequent Good Will, consignment shops, the clearance racks and sales -- so try to keep it down. For sure I've spent more on my women's clothes than guy stuff over the past five years, but then again I'm making up for lost time! :battingeyelashes:

But there is no way that I'm paying more than $25 for a bra, so VS and Soma are out....

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2015, 07:23 AM
Hi DJ, I have such a large collection of clothes and shoes that I rarely spend more than $25.00 to $50.00
some time months will go buy with nothing more than a lipstick or some make-up.

I just got a 25% off coupon from PAYLESS so I guess I should go and take a look today.:daydreaming:

pamela7
07-31-2015, 07:45 AM
Spending on clothing has to fit to a person's budget, or serious problems will arise FAST. I've spent big these last 6 months creating my wardrobe, and now I have to stop that, and i'll hope to get something new each month, nothing fancy, just more patterns and colours, and shoes.

Krisi
07-31-2015, 07:58 AM
My problem is that I take my wife with me and while I'm shopping the clearance rack, she is shopping the regular priced rack (for herself). Honestly, my closets are full and I don't have room for more clothes. It's time to get rid of things that don't fit or don't look good on me.

To answer the OP's question, a hundred dollars or so on the average. I'm trying to reduce it because I don't really need more stuff.

kimdl93
07-31-2015, 08:19 AM
I have a fairly complete wardrobe...so it's occasional spending on clothes and relishing make up. Maybe $30-50 per month.

BillieAnneJean
07-31-2015, 08:24 AM
I have accumulated a wardrobe beyond my fondest dreams mostly from GWs. Now I only look for very unusual pieces and pieces to complete outfits I already have an important part of. Like a skirt for a blazer I already have, a bolero jacket or shrug for a dress I already have, or a skirt suit unlike anything I already have.

Shoes came from Ebay (just a few and I don't recommend them), 6pm (some great buys), and Shoe Carnival (really GREAT buys). BTW I wear 11s. So I ended up buying a LOT of one style of heel because they look good, were about $15/pair, and I have been changing their color so I have a rainbow of colors of comfortable Mary Jane shoes. So I am no longer buying shoes.

So my purchasing has almost plummeted. I now spend maybe $100/month for a big month and maybe as little as $20/month on a small month.