PDA

View Full Version : At a Mall With My Buddy

ChristinaK
07-31-2015, 01:52 AM
Went to a huge mall with my male best friend. I was in heaven. I checked out all the women's fashions in the windows. He didn't even look. I told him how I buy all of my wife's clothes. He offered up a scowl. "Really? WTH for?" "So she wears what I like her to wear." "Whatever, dude."

We passed a young man in a light pink blazer with black piping. Underneath was a black blouse. He wore long Capri pants and had dress flats on his feet. He sported a short beard too.

"That's a gay blade there. That just pisses me off. Why do gay guys have to flaunt it like that?" I replied, "Maybe he's not gay." He laughs, "really, are you serious? Look at the guy."

I didn't have the courage to get into the crossdresser conversation, too bad. So, whether the guy was gay or trans, who knows, but my buddy stated what I believe most people think about us if we're not totally en femme. Oh well.

Coming out of the men's room at Belk, a large department store, I almost ran into an employee that had very feminine, short hair, foundation, blush, im pretty sure lipstick and I think full eye makeup. He wore a black v neck woman's sweater with a grey sport jacket. I felt like going back in to tell him that he looked great. Seemed awkward so I didn't do it. Then I thought how cool it must be to be able to dress up for work like that.

Now I want to return as Christina and do some shopping. My buddy was irritated by my ogling the women's clothes. I saw a gorgeous dress and just blurted out, "wow, check out that gorgeous dress," as I stopped to look. "------(my wife) would look sexy in that," as I had to make an excuse for my actions. I'm thinking were not gonna do a mall again together. Too risky for me, I'm weak and I'm drawn to women's clothes.

Marcelle
07-31-2015, 02:53 AM
Hi Christina,

Interesting story and I agree I think those not anointed in the community will most likely confuse sexuality with gender identity/expression and your buddy was a clear demonstration of such. I think it is probably wise not to go to the mall with your buddy in the future as he might not buy the whole "looking for clothes for my wife story" for long and you might accidently out yourself.

Cheers

Isha

Rhonda Darling
07-31-2015, 05:29 AM
I agree with Isha's sentiment. Besides, how could you properly graze your way through a shopping mall with that Neanderthal in tow? Find a gal friend from this forum to shop with.

Claire Cook
07-31-2015, 05:38 AM
... or just find a gal friend period to shop with ... much more fun.

kimdl93
07-31-2015, 07:58 AM
The interesting question to ask your friend is if he thinks it appropriate for straight males to flaunt their sexuality...baseball caps, Duck Dynasty tee shirts and relaxed fit jeans just scream heterosexual....

Krisi
07-31-2015, 08:15 AM
I've never gone shopping in a mall with a male friend except to go to Sears or the food court for lunch. And I doubt he bought that story about you buying your wife's clothes.

His comment on the guy with the capri pants was pretty normal for someone from the general public. That's what they think about a man who wears women's clothes. And it disproves the statements often posted here about someone going out in public dressed in women's clothes and "nobody noticed".

Pat
07-31-2015, 09:22 AM
[...]just scream heterosexual....

:lol2: I am going to be laughing about that comment every time I go out. Thank you!

pamela7
07-31-2015, 09:58 AM
are you just not aware that you deliberately pushed his boundaries and feelings/prejudices? You were threatening a friendship knowing likely outcome? Sounds like you unconsciously wanted to out yourself.

There's a reason he's uncomfortable, and it will go deep into his childhood; let him be or open him up to the truth.

Maria Blackwood
07-31-2015, 10:22 AM
I wear relaxed fit jeans because they are comfortable. *shrug*

I dunno... Every guy I know would love to dress up his wife.

bridget thronton
07-31-2015, 10:32 AM
I cannot see shopping if there is no chance of trying on and buying things

Rachael Leigh
07-31-2015, 10:38 AM
Isnt it funny how looking at different style clothing with a guy whos so unwilling to think outside the box can make you wonder are we really the great thinkers.
I mean I was looking in the mens section the other day and it hit me while there is more color then there use to be the styles never really change, its so boring.

Tracy Hazel Lee
07-31-2015, 12:56 PM
Couldn't you just have gone shopping by yourself and not dragged your friend around with you? I'm not sure what the benefit of having there was... Other than making him uncomfortable with seemingly weird comments about womens clothing (at least from his POV), why was he there?

Angie G
07-31-2015, 01:14 PM
I find myself doing the same at stores but my wife is okay with it. Gives her more time to look.:hugs:
Angie

OCCarly
07-31-2015, 01:23 PM
Next time you want to hang out with a friend like that, perhaps a visit to the hardware store might be more appropriate. He might want to see the latest in laser guided miter saws, or whatever... And you could finish off with a loaded chili burger for lunch.

The young man in the capris was what most folks now call "genderqueer." It is a legitimate form of expression among the younger set, and the vast majority of them have no problem with it whatsoever. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-tobia/genderqueer-professional-_b_5476239.html

ChristinaK
07-31-2015, 11:18 PM
It was really hot and it was some place to go to walk around and eat too. I'm used to checking out the fashions with my wife and daughter. Didn't know he was going to be so weird about it.

Now I know. Women check out men's clothes and often buy them. Why can't we do the same with women's clothes for our women?

Robin414
07-31-2015, 11:27 PM
Wow girl, talk about pushing the boundary but I'm sure you gathered a lot of intel! So the guy in pink, wasn't Ru Paul by chance was it, now that's a person who knows how to dress well, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE 😎

Tina_gm
08-01-2015, 12:06 PM
I wonder if we forget sometimes that the friend in the OP represents a good portion of the male hetero cis gender population. They really do not want their boundaries pushed on this either....

Amy Lynn3
08-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Just an idea if you plan another Mall trip. I go with another cder and we both have fun talking about crossdressing and shopping for cloths. Female cloths of course.:)

ChristinaK
08-01-2015, 09:13 PM
I would love to go with another CD, but they're pretty hard to find, I find.