PDA

View Full Version : how do you sit, or stupid question?

Robin414
08-01-2015, 10:53 PM
I was at an outdoor festival recently and many people were sitting on curbs (eating food). I noticed that women tended to sit with their knees together and feet apart while guys were just the opposite (knees apart and feet together) and made me think...how do you sit?

Zooey
08-02-2015, 12:00 AM
I sit however I feel like it at the time, given the following rules...

Rule #1: My knees are close enough together that I'm not giving everybody a show. This can still be spread apart, if I'm wearing comfy pants. I wear comfy pants a lot.
Rule #2: My feet go wherever feels comfy at the time without violating Rule #1.

Laura912
08-02-2015, 06:01 AM
On my tush...:devil:

Kaitlyn Michele
08-02-2015, 08:51 AM
right...jeez...that's what you are thinking about??? sitting??

i sit on my butt...i don't show my crotch to people...

Robin414
08-02-2015, 10:10 AM
I know GGs have naturally wider hips as a rule, how about crossed legs and standing up after sitting for too long with legs crossed and tipping over due to leg paralysis? 😲

Ceera
08-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Well, let's see... going from last night at a nightclub...

When I sit on a higher than normal chair, like a tall bar stool, I sit with my knees fairly close together, and my feet resting on the rung beneath me, either close together or ankles crossed.

If I sit on a normal height seat, like in my car or on a normal chair, it's knees fairly close, and feet either together and slightly to one side, or ankles crossed and tucked under the chair.

Sitting on a low platform on the edge of the dance floor (about two steps high), I sat with my knees together and my feet either together and angled to my right, or extended out with ankles crossed, while I was leaning back on one or both arms, or leaning sideways and snuggling the girl beside me.

I don't usually sit on a flat surface like a lawn while en-femme, but if I did it would be with my legs together and feet to the same side, kind of sitting on one hip, and resting on one arm. Or perhaps kneeling...

I virtually never allow my knees to be more than a foot apart while sitting en-femme. It's not ladylike to give everyone a show, and my skirts tend to be fairly short.

---

Yet when I sit as a male, I most often straddle the chair and have my knees anywhere from a foot to 18 inches apart! A large part of the difference has to do with being tucked or not. When I'm tucked, I can comfortably sit with my legs close together. When I'm not tucked, it's more comfortable to keep my knees spread, and give 'the boys' some room. :)

becky77
08-02-2015, 11:16 AM
I know GGs have naturally wider hips as a rule, how about crossed legs and standing up after sitting for too long with legs crossed and tipping over due to leg paralysis? 😲

Leg paralysis?

Do you really need to think that hard about how you sit?
If you're in trousers/jeans do what you like, in a skirt it should be obvious.

If you've got used to sitting in the 'manly, open legs, gonna show my power by taking up as much room as possible' pose. Then you're going to find it tough.

This is a bizarre question.

Badtranny
08-02-2015, 01:01 PM

I guess this is one of those things that is just innate. I've never been a 'man spreader' unless I was editing myself. Which was pretty much constantly.

Sitting, standing, waving, running, walking, they're all things that boy me did with a bit of feminine flair. I endured name calling because of it. I tried like hell to butch it up until I finally said screw it and came out of the damn closet.

Robin, the things you appear to worry about are not typical things trans women worry about. At least in my experience, and between me and PaulaQ, we personally know millions of trans women. :-)

Angela Campbell
08-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately there are lots of things to learn about the body language and how you move, sit, talk, walk, dress, ....hell everything. The problem is, it has to be natural. ..yah, you have to learn, but it needs to be natural.

Harder for some, easier for others. There is a lot to learn. For me, I just let go of the man stuff and learned from watching others and a lot of trial and error.

Robin414
08-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Leg paralysis?

Do you really need to think that hard about how you sit?
If you're in trousers/jeans do what you like, in a skirt it should be obvious.

If you've got used to sitting in the 'manly, open legs, gonna show my power by taking up as much room as possible' pose. Then you're going to find it tough.

I was sitting in a Dr. office with my legs crossed and my leg went to sleep, I was called in and stood up and litteraly fell over sideways 😨

phylis anne
08-02-2015, 09:07 PM
How to sit giggle dpends how you are feeling either lady like or shameless hussy giggle

I Am Paula
08-03-2015, 08:34 AM
I found all the answers this way. STOP doing everything the male way, and what's left over is your natural tendency to do it the female way.

becky77
08-03-2015, 08:47 AM
I found all the answers this way. STOP doing everything the male way, and what's left over is your natural tendency to do it the female way.

If you have a natural female way..........

Kaitlyn Michele
08-03-2015, 09:57 AM
what is the "male" way..

I think sometimes people try way too hard..

if you have to think about it, then you are doing it wrong.

Krisi
08-03-2015, 10:21 AM
No, males do have to think about it. We have years and years of learned male mannerisms and we have to unlearn those and learn the female ones. For us crossdressers, that means learning to turn them on and off depending on how we are presenting at the time.

No matter how hard we try with outfits, padding and makeup, we're going to blow it if we walk or sit like a dude.

becky77
08-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Yeah, but this is in the TS section not Crossdressers, Krisi.

Believe or not for some of us it comes naturally! I have years of trying to hide female mannerisms actually.

Judith96a
08-03-2015, 11:31 AM
When presenting as a male, I tend to either slouch with feet stretched out in front or sit with knees shoulder-width apart (especially in a moving vehicle when seated at right-angles to the direction of motion). And before anyone bleats about man-spreading, which would you rather - that I sit in such a way that I don't fall on top of you when the vehicle comes to an abrupt halt or not? Sheesh!
En femme, I try to be rather more lady-like but I'm sure that I forget myself frequently!
As for legs falling asleep while crossed - that happens me all the time so I tend to avoid THAT pose! And I just can't sit cross-legged for more than 10 seconds. My anatomy just won't do it!

Badtranny
08-03-2015, 11:44 AM
if you have to think about it, then you are doing it wrong.

pretty much what I was just about to say in 1000 more words

arbon
08-03-2015, 12:04 PM
It was a stupid question.

whowhatwhen
08-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Sometimes I notice that I'm sitting with my legs splayed so I'll take a second and fix it, but I'm not going to worry about it all the time.

Part of the reason I transitioned was to stop obsessing over the "correct" behaviour.
I didn't stop emulating male mannerisms only to have to start emulating female ones.

Robin414
08-03-2015, 09:06 PM
It was a stupid question.

Thanks for noticing 😄 thread closed?

Rianna Humble
08-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Closed at OP's request