PDA

View Full Version : A Thread about me, After a year and a half of embracing who I truly am :)

Emilyl
08-02-2015, 01:03 PM
I've always loved dressing up, I used to think it was only to be in costume but it was apparently so much more than that. I remember I used to try on my sisters skirts when I was younger and I loved how they looked. I'd play around with what little makeup I could and I had no idea how to apply any of it aside from lipstick.

I had my first big chance in Highschool though when I had to do a group project and the girls I chose to do it with, somehow we got on the topic of me dressing up like a girl and dancing to Shania Twain. I think I steered the conversation this way somehow, maybe not the Shania part. All in all, I pretended to be upset with certain aspects, such as makeup and acting Feminine but deep down I adored it. I had a skirt on, a nice cute shirt and a stuffed bra.

I had really never revisited that moment though again until I met my current Girlfriend who is absolutely amazing. She encourages me to be Emily, she loves when we can have girl time and she loves to make me outfits or put them together. I am very very lucky to have her.

I have gone to a few Conventions with her, Anime and the like...Anime North, Atomic Lollipop and I have really grown to enjoy dressing up as Emily for these Conventions. I really love it, and at a Con it's not half as vulnerable as the outside world...although I do quite enjoy that feeling as well.

It's actually terrifying to go out in the middle of the day dressed up, I need a lot of positive reinforcement from any girls in the vicinity and luckily my friend's are incredible people as well. They never miss a beat and always call me Emily and introduce me as such. I've had some amazing times with them and my girlfriend.

I'd like to share my Google drive link below for people to see if they'd like. I'll post a photo from each section to give a glimpse but hopefully this isn't against the rules. I just want to share my pictures :) despite that some of them aren't very good.

If I am allowed to keep this link up, feel free to keep it if you'd like. My drive will automatically update whenever I add something to the folder. :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8R4N5OVNxXnfm1oVUpERnYtT2lkMC1YMDg 0MVRhQnB3V2UwS0x4ZHExTXlxbnk1RDA5NDg&usp=sharing

Hopefully posting links to my drive is ok.

stacycoral
08-02-2015, 01:14 PM
Miss Emily, very cute pictures,sounds like you are really have a fun time, good for you girl, enjoy it!, and i know it helps to have a lovely girlfriend to be out with, your a very lucky girl, thanks so much for sharing your life with the rest of us girl. hugs

CarlaWestin
08-02-2015, 01:24 PM
Very, very cute. Have fun with it, girl! The yellow dress is fabulous!

pamela7
08-02-2015, 01:37 PM
wow Emily, fabuous, and that yellow dress is to die for!

St. Eve
08-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Emily, thanks for your lovely post and the pictures. You inspire me.

Lately, my brain has sent me Shania singing "men's shirts, short skirts" over and over again....

While I am not in touch with them very much, most of my family is from London / Toronto and still lives in Southern Ontario....I can here your accent in my head, eh.

Peace,
St. Eve

Rachelakld
08-02-2015, 02:15 PM
OMG, you and your GF are so cute, so love the tinkerbell outfit on you

Marcelle
08-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Hi Emily,

Very cute couple and I am glad you have reached a place of peace with yourself. Being happy on the path you travel is probably the best place to be.

Cheers

Isha

Alice_2014_B
08-02-2015, 03:46 PM
You both look like you're having a blast!
:)

TrishaTX
08-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Great pics you look so comfortable....happiness is in acceptance and it sounds like you have found that. Good for you

justmetoo
08-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Welcome, Emily!
Cute pics, both you and your girlfriend! Looks like you're both having fun, too, and that's a good thing.

Brooklyn
08-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I'm not a gamer or into Comicon, but this is terrific. How great to have the venue to express yourself like this! The atomic lollipop series is my personal favorite. :rose:

kimdl93
08-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Very cute and so wonderful to have the support of your GF. I must confess, I have no idea what an atomic lollipop is....

Karen RHT
08-02-2015, 10:11 PM
Great to hear the two of you are enjoying yourselves and each other.

Karen

Gretchen_To_Be
08-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Lucky, lucky girl. You have it all, honey. Enjoy!

JamieG
08-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Hi Emily. Sounds like you are having a great time with good friends. You look fantastic. Enjoy!

Isabella Ross
08-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Ditto...wonderful pics, Emily. Nice to see another Canadian here...

S. Lisa Smith
08-03-2015, 03:36 PM
I agree, the two of you make a cute couple!!! Have a great time with it!!!!

Paula_Femme
08-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Wow, the two of you are, as my girlfriend would say, "Adorzable!" :battingeyelashes:
The wood nymph/Tinkerbell pics are fantastic!!!

Closeted Kat
08-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Emily you look great! I've just gotten into the idea of costuming as i have skills to do such things. But i don't think i'd look half as good as you. But I do agree that if i was going to go out as kat, a con would be the most comfortable place to do it for me.
-kat

BLUE ORCHID
08-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Hi Emily, You are such a pretty young lady,:hugs:

Emilyl
08-04-2015, 01:45 AM
Emily you look great! I've just gotten into the idea of costuming as i have skills to do such things. But i don't think i'd look half as good as you. But I do agree that if i was going to go out as kat, a con would be the most comfortable place to do it for me.
-kat

Awwww. Thanks Kat!

It is a very easy going nice and accepting place for sure my favourite.

You should definitely check a Con out and make a costume up if that's what you want to try though :) Some of them are just pure fun zones. Just have to be careful to avoid the ones that only care about bringing in money :S

Emilyl
08-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Ditto...wonderful pics, Emily. Nice to see another Canadian here...

Thanks so much Isabella :)

Where in Canada are you from?

Emilyl
08-04-2015, 01:50 AM
Very cute and so wonderful to have the support of your GF. I must confess, I have no idea what an atomic lollipop is....

I'm very happy to have her :)

Atomic Lollipop is just a Japanese Anime Convention haha but it's their fancy name for the Convention itself.

It was just a place to go, dress up in costume, hang out and do really fun things.

Emilyl
08-04-2015, 01:53 AM
I'm not a gamer or into Comicon, but this is terrific. How great to have the venue to express yourself like this! The atomic lollipop series is my personal favorite. :rose:

Thanks so much!

By far the Atomic Lollipop ones are my favourite as well. My girlfriend made the dress for me for Fluttershy*Pink hair* and I was in heaven. We did my hair up to look like Lindsey Stirling's as well and I adore her when she plays Violin. If you haven't heard of her or seen her play, it's amazing :)

Emilyl
08-04-2015, 01:56 AM
OMG, you and your GF are so cute, so love the tinkerbell outfit on you

Thanks so much! I love that outfit. My girlfriend made it out of Pleather and it fit really snug but form fitted. She's my favourite character in the series though, Periwinkle from Secret of the Wings.

Also, funny as it sounds they are wonderful and fairly profound movies :)

Emilyl
08-04-2015, 02:00 AM
I've always loved dressing up, I used to think it was only to be in costume but it was apparently so much more than that. I remember I used to try on my sisters skirts when I was younger and I loved how they looked. I'd play around with what little makeup I could and I had no idea how to apply any of it aside from lipstick.

I had my first big chance in Highschool though when I had to do a group project and the girls I chose to do it with, somehow we got on the topic of me dressing up like a girl and dancing to Shania Twain. I think I steered the conversation this way somehow, maybe not the Shania part. All in all, I pretended to be upset with certain aspects, such as makeup and acting Feminine but deep down I adored it. I had a skirt on, a nice cute shirt and a stuffed bra.

I had really never revisited that moment though again until I met my current Girlfriend who is absolutely amazing. She encourages me to be Emily, she loves when we can have girl time and she loves to make me outfits or put them together. I am very very lucky to have her.

I have gone to a few Conventions with her, Anime and the like...Anime North, Atomic Lollipop and I have really grown to enjoy dressing up as Emily for these Conventions. I really love it, and at a Con it's not half as vulnerable as the outside world...although I do quite enjoy that feeling as well.

It's actually terrifying to go out in the middle of the day dressed up, I need a lot of positive reinforcement from any girls in the vicinity and luckily my friend's are incredible people as well. They never miss a beat and always call me Emily and introduce me as such. I've had some amazing times with them and my girlfriend.

I'd like to share my Google drive link below for people to see if they'd like. I'll post a photo from each section to give a glimpse but hopefully this isn't against the rules. I just want to share my pictures :) despite that some of them aren't very good.

If I am allowed to keep this link up, feel free to keep it if you'd like. My drive will automatically update whenever I add something to the folder. :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8R4N5OVNxXnfm1oVUpERnYtT2lkMC1YMDg 0MVRhQnB3V2UwS0x4ZHExTXlxbnk1RDA5NDg&usp=sharing

Hopefully posting links to my drive is ok.

I'm so grateful for everyone sending their love my way on this post :)

I'm not very forum talented so I don't know how to Reply All and what have you but I just want to say thank you so much for all the words of inspiration and happiness :)

I love the girls on this forum, it's such a lovely community :)

I'm happy that I can truly share who I am here.

Also, the Princess Peach, Fluttershy*Pink hair/yellow dress*, Periwinkle*Blue Leaf Dress/White Hair* were all made by my girlfriend. Which leaves me to stress once more how happy and lucky I am and for everyone He or She is totally out there for us all :D