PDA

View Full Version : Troubles with Past

Ryan
10-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Julie M, this is probably more toward your for help and guidence but I'll take advise from anybody. Recently I met with a wanderful gurl on line. We had some pleasant chats and wonderful outlooks. Suddenly she stopped chats and e-mails. I understand it is her choice and I can respect. I just feel extremely hurt to the point co-workers have said I am distant and just not "there". I titled this thread as troubles with past because I used to cd. Unfortunately my father found out and belittled me to no end; to the point of wanting to shame me in public. So I have had special feelings toward cd but scared from doing it. I now am interested in chatting and even meeting with a special person. This special gurl in a member of this room. She is so special and deserves to be treated well. I am on business in Navada in late October and offered to change my travel plans to see her if she would like. We discussed this and things were going well. Then she just stopped communicating with me. I understand concerns about these kind of meets, I have them too. But I would be coming to an area I know nothing about, been searched by the airlines as well as all luggage being searched. If she met me at the airport that would be a very public place for an initial meeting. The darling is in Texas and I hope she will contact me. She is a real lady. Please give me some guidance......I have waited for the perfect time and I thing this Texas sweetheart could be the one. Help desperately wanted.

Marianne
10-12-2004, 09:52 PM
There can be many reasons that she stopped chatting.

In no particular order...

Fear/paranoia. There are some 'wierd' people out there. You might be one of them. I might be one of them. Chat, emails, pictures are not a guarantee of anything.

Technical issues. Email etc. can be unreliable. We each have our own personal circumstances to deal woth, whcih can ragne from computers breaking, internet connections getting hosed, and our ISP's 'filtering' emails.

Negative reactions. (See fear/paranoia). It's all to 'easy' to assume things. And as a cross-dresser myself I have to say that I am very very cautious about things in general. Unlike some of my sisters here I'm perfectly capable of dealing with a situation that can get out of control.

Societal/political/cultural. I'm guessing you aren't American/British. If so, all it takes is a wrong word, a wrong facial expression or even a wrong 'feeling'. Keep in mind that America is a country at war. Deal with it.

All that said, personal privacy, respect for others, and many other things that are inbred in our culture are going to prevent any 'assistance' from anyone here.

No-one here is going to play 'messenger' for you. Nor for 'her'.

---------

I do sympathise, I've been there and done that.