PDA

View Full Version : Exorcising Demons

CynthiaD
08-04-2015, 10:05 AM
I recently went on a fully en femme road trip to visit some if the places where I grew up. Back then I was a closet dresser because I was too scared to go out in public dressed as my true self. I grew up in a small Midwestern town, and it was always my dream to march down Main Street fully en femme. Well, I did that. They were having some sort of festival, and the downtown area was packed. I shopped at some of the booths, and had lunch at the restaurant where I used to wash dishes back in highschool. I also visited a couple of other towns where I'd lived after highschool and went shopping and out to dinner, all completely en femme. This is something I've always wished I had the courage to do years ago. And now I've done it.

I also had a new experience, that of checking in to a hotel en femme with my male drivers license and credit card. (Several times, in fact.) I had always assumed it would be a non-issue, and it was. But it's nice to know for sure.

So those demons have been exorcized. Now on to something else.

Krisi
08-04-2015, 10:24 AM
It's nice when we get to meet our goals. Glad you had a good time.

I think the festival thing works in our favor because there are so many people around we just fade into the crowd.

Pat
08-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Sounds like a cool accomplishment, congratulations. Did you see anyone that you knew? Reading your experience made me realize that I've never bonded with a place strongly enough to want to go back like that. I think I envy you...

Laura912
08-04-2015, 05:07 PM
In this neck of the woods, we exorcize demons when we whup up on Dook. Seriously, hope all the demons are gone for you.

Katey888
08-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Well done Cynthia - pleased for you... :cheer:

New experiences are good to do especially when we have so much stored anticipation about doing them...

Keep on with the exorcizing! :D

Katey x

Bria
08-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Cynthia, I hope that you slayed all of the dragons out there for your self and for the rest of us also!! Did you see anyone that you knew from your younger days, if so did they show any recognition?

Sounds like a fun trip!

Hugs, Bria

kimdl93
08-04-2015, 06:09 PM
I used to wrestle with my demons...now we mostly just cuddle... Sorry, I have that printed on a t-shirt

Donnagirl
08-04-2015, 06:36 PM
So true... How many years were wasted paralyzed by pointless fears? It's such a great feeling when you can cast off the doubt and start to enjoy life again, really enjoy life again!!!

CynthiaD
08-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Just to add, no I didn't see anyone I knew. But I left there a long time ago.

Robin414
08-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Wow, me too Cynthia! Not sure what the draw is but I'm compelled lately to be ME in the old neighborhood (same city but completely different hood), maybe from a phsycological perspective it closes the loop or something...OH, do you mean EXERCISING demons? I see those little *******s every morning when go to the gym and get freaked out and have to leave! Yah, that's my excuse!😦

Sandie70
08-04-2015, 10:11 PM
You did good Cynthia. In fact, you have given me the idea that I wouldn't mind doing some of the same - going back to my old home town and visiting my old haunts, but as a woman. What you did had to have been incredibly cathartic.

BLUE ORCHID
08-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Hi Cynthia, Check that one off your bucket list.:hugs:

Krisi
08-05-2015, 07:36 AM
The place where I grew up is on the outskirts of a major city. Since I've been gone, many of the buildings have been replaced by high rise office buildings and many of the streets have been moved or removed. The stores have mostly been replaced with high rise buildings as well. I could go there as my self or as Krisi, it wouldn't matter. Nobody would recognize me and I wouldn't recognize anyone.

Such is progress.

MsVal
08-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Wow! The feeling of liberation jumps out of your words and into my heart. You went to find the monsters under your bed and found only dust bunnies. I am soooo happy for you.

Best wishes
MsVal

joanna4
08-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Amazing, I'm so happy for your accomplishments. I would like to revisit my old schools when I was growing up.