PDA

View Full Version : Confidence Boosters

HollyGreene
08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I have ventured outside, dressed, several times over the years, but most usually at night or early morning when it's less busy, mainly because of my lack of confidence.
In the last week or so, I've had a few great confidence boosters.

First of all, I got some of those panties that are padded in the back and the hips. I couldn't believe the transformation from having prominent hips. Not only does it look a more convincing shape, but it makes a lot of my clothes fit better.

Next, I got some really nice, strappy, stiletto heels that actually fit my feet properly. I never really went for heels before, because of my height, but I thought, what the heck...
I have discovered that even with very little practice, I can walk perfectly naturally in stilettos, and in fact, they make my gait look much more feminine.

I recently bought a bundle of clothes around my size. Not all of them fitted me or were my style, so I decided to put the ones that I didn't want in a charity clothing bank. So I drove there in a pale pink skirt and top, fully made up, and wearing my new stilettos. Parked the car, walked to the clothing bank, left them and walked back to the car. Nobody so much as batted an eyelid.
That was just the best ever experience.

And I discovered that I can drive in heels!

Robin414
08-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Drive in heels, that's tough! I drove my sports car (6 speed stick) last fall in 3" stiletto boots and doable but not something for beginners or the faint of heart 😲

Jodi
08-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Next up for a confidence booster is to get yourself a professional makeover and a professionally fitted wig.

Jodi

HollyGreene
08-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Would really love a professional makeover, but I can't see that happening any time soon.
I have 5 wigs. Two of them fit really comfortably and are quite convincing. They both have three combs attached that keeps them in place, which is excellent. I don't think I'd buy a wig without them now - it really makes a difference.

pamela7
08-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Like a toddler taking its first steps, its all confidence boosters. For me, more so, cos my SO holds the fears, and the steps reassure her (maybe she's playing "mum"?)!

AprilMayy<3
08-04-2015, 04:26 PM
First of all, I got some of those panties that are padded in the back and the hips. I couldn't believe the transformation from having prominent hips. Not only does it look a more convincing shape, but it makes a lot of my clothes fit better.

On a side note, are those really that beneficial? I have a decent butt for being a guy, it runs in the family honestly lol.
Would the extra hip padding be worth it?

BLUE ORCHID
08-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Hi Holly, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.:hugs:

Just wait till you get Breast Forms, That's a major confidence booster.:daydreaming:

Ineke Vashon
08-04-2015, 04:41 PM
Holly - Thanks for the confidence booster. You done good!

April - I made some very mild homemade hip pads to try with my favorite flowing mid length skirt. OMG, what a difference that made:o . Paraphrasing the old commercial: "A little pad'll do ya.":D

Ineke

AbigailJordan
08-04-2015, 04:46 PM
hehe.. good for you Holly.. personally I've never found any issue with driving in heels. I can happily drive a manual with anything up to 6" stilettos. still need to get myself some hip padding though.. I don't have a BAD figure in a bodycon by any means.. many of my girlfriends are jealous, but a little more in the hips would make a huge difference.

Hope you get to enjoy many more such outings Holly.

Meghan4now
08-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Good for you! Sounds like you are really finding your style. And I like the charity bin in particular.

Jorja
08-04-2015, 06:58 PM
So your next assignment in Confidence 101 is to locate a charity ball. Get a makeover, dress for the event, and go to the center of the room after you arrive, and talk to everyone you meet. That should boost your confidence.

kimdl93
08-04-2015, 07:23 PM
I heartily endorse day walking, in part because you encounter people in real situations, as opposed to the sometimes surreal environment of a bar or club. And besides, it's generally safer.

Dana44
08-04-2015, 07:32 PM
I love driving in heels and a short skirt. I have big pickup and to get out I swing my legs out and try to get down carefully. I'm six feet and love my six inch platform heels.

HollyGreene
08-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Actually, my butt is already well-rounded, but my hips don't look very convincing, so for me,the side padding works well. The pads are removeable, so I tried it without the rear pads and it still looks good.
In all honesty, they are probably not necessary, but when I saw the difference the hip padding made, it was a real boost to my confidence, and that's important to me.

HollyGreene
08-06-2015, 01:58 AM
Good for you! Sounds like you are really finding your style. And I like the charity bin in particular.

Actually, I only took a small amount of the clothes I didn't want to that charity bin, because I knew that if that outing went well, I would want to do something like it again. I'll probably take a second load today.

Angela Marie
08-06-2015, 05:46 AM
It is a process that involves incremental steps. After a makeover I drove home and was ready to take my makeup off when I finally got up the courage to go out in public. I was scared as all get out but I went to a local supermarket and a few other places and I have not looked back since. That was about 5 years ago. Now I go out shopping, dining, etc. I won't say I never get nervous but soon much less than before. Yesterday I went out walking with no makeup or wig wearing a pair of black tights and a pink top. That was a first. Once again I was nervous but that subsided. Everyone's comfort level is different and we each find our own.

Krististeph
08-06-2015, 06:02 AM
Excellent! Good for you. Take small steps- it does come natural. And even if someone does 'read' you- so what? We have better protection right now than ever before (legal and civil). Personally, if someone want to take a swing at me, physically, hey- fair is fair. In the Chicago area, if you get your ass kicked by a TG, (and some of us can be VERY nasty, if needed) you better be ready to curl your tail up and run- because people will laugh at you like crazy. And from recent anecdotes, if you are on the losing end of the assault- the law will defend you. Not a comfort if you get hurt, but as long as you act reasonably in line with your exhibited gender, you get treated as such.

it is really not that big of a deal anymore in many places- update your info- tell us where you are from!

Driving in heels (or boots) is one of my favorite hobbies!

Claire Cook
08-06-2015, 06:26 AM
Hi Holly,

Indeed, these are confidence builders. So glad they are working for you. Every time out adds to the feeling that I can be me and be comfortable with it. My biggest confidence booster is when I talk to others and they are comfortable with me. So now I can go out in the daytime with minimal makeup, casual women's clothes and it works, but I'd never drive in heels (I wear flats just about all of the time.)

So here's to continued outings and confidence building!

Krisi
08-06-2015, 06:42 AM
It's great that you got out and the more you do it the easier it will be.

For anyone not convinced that a man needs hip and butt padding to look like a woman, do this - measure yourself. Get a cloth tape measuring tape and measure your bust (over your forms), your waist and your hips. Without my pads, I measure about 47-38-38. Does that seem right? Looking at women's sizing charts (there is one posted on this forum), a normal woman with a 47" bust and 38" waist would have a hip measurement of about 48". Obviously, not all genetic women have the exact measurements or proportions, but they are somewhat near the same proportions. For us to attempt to pass as women, we need the feminine proportions.

My Veronica 5 (rather expensive padded garment) brings my hips to about 45". I would like a little more if I can figure out how to do it.

kimdl93
08-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Good point...know your measurements. I'm a bit odd, apparently...like 42...38...45.

Krisi
08-06-2015, 07:50 AM
I used joke to people that I had a medical condition "noassatall". It's great for a guy. Not for a woman.