PDA

View Full Version : New mtv show wanting people to out themselves

Erika_girliegirl
08-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Hi all,

The other day I got a strange email from mtv videos saying they are looking for people that have a secret that they want to tell on national tv to there loved ones. I was like how does mtv know this????? I guess they figured me out from a craigslist post I did seeing if any girls in the area would like to go shopping with me.
This show is by the same people that produce catfish. Me personally I would never air my dirty laundry on tv. If anyone wants the information let me know.
Xoxo,
Erika

Gladys
08-08-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't see why anyone would want to reveal something so personal on TV. It might be good for MTV but I doubt it would be good for the person going public or their loved ones.

Robin414
08-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Holy Jerry Springer Bat Man, this can't end well! I have to agree with Gladys as well!

MelanieAnne
08-08-2015, 09:09 PM
For some people, it's their egos. I always am blown away by the people who go on Dr Phil, and let him ridicule and embarrass them for ratings. Go figure.

Jorja
08-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Sign Me Up!!! I am going to come out as a normal person. Gosh, I better study up on that.

Erika_girliegirl
08-08-2015, 10:03 PM
I agree with you all!

Robin414
08-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Sign Me Up!!! I am going to come out as a normal person. Gosh, I better study up on that.

I wonder how the producers would spin up a completely normal person, Seriuosly, to get the sensationalism cranked up I wonder what they would do? Thoughts? 😐

Shelly Preston
08-09-2015, 04:10 AM
I don't think I would want to just come out and tell the world. Its a massive step for anyone, but I am sure some will participate.

For anyone considering this. Will it be a program like Jerry Springer or Oprah ?

BLUE ORCHID
08-09-2015, 06:36 AM
Hi Erika, Some people will do anything for money, That's not for me.:daydreaming:

Heelios
08-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Sounds like an awful way to come out and will definitely draw all sorts of negative views. The sort of people who would watch it are the type of people who thrive off of belittling others who are different.

Teresa
08-09-2015, 06:54 PM
Erika,
Most of this information is freely available from social websites, just read their small print to see what they can do with your pics !

Lets face it we are out to the English speaking World when we join this forum, I thought hard about my avatar and I know I've been too open in things I've said ,I choose not join social websites but even so I wouldn't mind betting that I appear on a list somewhere as a possible contact as a CDer !

Angie G
08-09-2015, 07:26 PM
That's just nuts. But then some piople are.:hugs:
Angie

Kate Simmons
08-09-2015, 09:13 PM
Just be careful. The whole thing just sounds too screwy and sensationalistic to me. Entertainment for the masses at your expense.:straightface:

Sarah Doepner
08-09-2015, 09:18 PM
When I share my "secret" with someone it needs to be done on my schedule with our respective needs in mind. Somehow I see this as you telling your secret to a camera and then MTV showing it to your friends and family and co-workers and clergy and parole officer and third grade teacher, all at the same time with no chance to explain or educate. They may as well give them all pitchforks and torches to use when they great you. It will make great TV, honest. I'll bet they'd even pay you up to $500.00.

Robin414
08-09-2015, 10:45 PM
This is a great post by the way Erika, lots of good 'reality show bashing' but by no means anything negative to the OP ☺ here's my bash: I can see the the trailer now, one of those quick re-run things: I'm a cross dresser, I'm, I'm, I'm a crossssss dresser...😂

kimdl93
08-10-2015, 05:58 AM
My question is, " how did they get your email address?!"

Krisi
08-10-2015, 07:21 AM
You would do better to call the Jerry Springer TV show for your fifteen minutes od fame.

Jorja
08-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I wonder how the producers would spin up a completely normal person, Seriuosly, to get the sensationalism cranked up I wonder what they would do? Thoughts? ��

Sorry, I don't know anyone that fills the bill. All my friends are nuttier than a fruit cake. Like I said, I would have to study up on it.

Robin414
08-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Sorry, I don't know anyone that fills the bill. All my friends are nuttier than a fruit cake. Like I said, I would have to study up on it.

They'd probably dig up some really weird stuff, say you like peanut butter on toast or something super freaky like that and totally blow it up 😂

Pat
08-12-2015, 07:50 AM
I wonder how the producers would spin up a completely normal person, Seriuosly, to get the sensationalism cranked up I wonder what they would do? Thoughts? ��

Easy. Call the show "Fred Normal" and put his (yes, it would be a him) in situations of dealing with things outside his comfort zone. I actually have some experience with program development -- don't think this scenario isn't kicked around at the start of every production cycle. ;)

pamela7
08-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Easy. Call the show "Fred Normal" and put his (yes, it would be a him) in situations of dealing with things outside his comfort zone. I actually have some experience with program development -- don't think this scenario isn't kicked around at the start of every production cycle. ;)

in england it's a programme called "an idiot abroad", also known as "fish out of water" in hero's journey terms ... however, this is more about "come join my pond"