PDA

View Full Version : Girl/boy ratio

Donnagirl
08-10-2015, 06:45 AM
This is all mine, my little storage spot in the ensuite. Just noticed that it, visually, represents my girl/boy ratio so accurately. So the question must be asked, for how much longer will the Brut remain???

Kate Simmons
08-10-2015, 07:22 AM
Good question Donna. I always preferred Avon Wild Country myself. Nowadays I just use Vit. E cream after shaving to moisturize. Plus it makes a nice easy removable layer when removing make up. :)

Keely
08-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Out with the Brut, in with the Secret.

Katey888
08-10-2015, 04:59 PM
My goodness, can you still get Brut in Australia... :eek: Bastion of all things manly in the Commonwealth - rumour has it Paul Hogan reeked of the stuff but crocs are allergic to it... ;) I know I was... brings tears to my eyes the thought of how much I used to use when trying to lure the other gender into my clutches - would have taken a lass in an NBC suit to stay conscious under the influence... now then...

Yes Donna - you and your accoutrements are indeed very girly - and that is very typical. My wife occupies about 5x the countertop area of our bathroom that I do, but I as much leave a toothpick out on my side of the washbasin and I might as well be toast... :hiding:

Do you have any 'Cossack' hairspray as well? Or perhaps even some vintage and maturing 'Hai Karate!' left over from Xmas '75... :)

Katey x

Teresa
08-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Donna,
I had a GF who used my BRUT and I would sneak some of her Sandlewood !
I use to feel guilty about the Xmas presents I dumped, but can't use aerosol deodorants anyway, they irritate too much .
I would hate to think what traveling lightly means to you now !!

Alice Torn
08-10-2015, 05:42 PM
When the brute is nearly gone from the guy!

mechamoose
08-10-2015, 05:44 PM
how much longer will the Brut remain???

Why is the Brut still there?

What? You want a stone-club level subtleness fragrance choking your pores?

Of course not. Replace it with a Flower Bomb.

<3

- MM

mechamoose
08-10-2015, 05:47 PM
My goodness, can you still get Brut in Australia... :eek: Bastion of all things manly in the Commonwealth And 'Old Spice' in the US.

- MM

kimdl93
08-10-2015, 06:11 PM
You have more shades of nail polish than all four girls from my household. Combined! (counting me)

paulaprimo
08-10-2015, 06:14 PM
just get a bigger storage spot... :)

Sometimes Steffi
08-10-2015, 09:51 PM
You have more shades of nail polish than all four girls from my household. Combined! (counting me)

I have more than both you and Donna combined. Sometimes, I need a little retail therapy, and nail polish is the least expensive way to do it, especially if there is a sale going on.

Tracii G
08-10-2015, 09:55 PM
Deff need more girl stuff.LOL

Rhonda Darling
08-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Donna, at least you're being crowded out by your own hand. Before I came out to my SO, my market share of shelves, drawers, cabinets, etc for my guy stuff was a dwindling proposition. Rhonda, on the other hand is like you, Steffi, and many others girls here -- make room world, here I am. I found it easy to clear out the Bruts in my life to make way for Opi, Revlon, Secret, etc.

Now, grab that Brut of yours and give it a toss. No self respecting woman wants to use guy scents. If you're nostalgic over it, give it to the local museum and you can go visit it in the antiques display whenever you choose. LOL

Oh, and build more shelves.

Best,
Rhonda

AbigailJordan
08-11-2015, 07:21 AM
you have a bigger guy ratio than I do Donna lol.

I stopped buying male deodorant couple of years back. I have just one male cologne which is wings by GBH. All the rest is girly stuff.. impulse is a big favourite for body sprays.. use nivea black and white or dove as deodorant.. and my nail polishes wouldn't even fit on the whole top shelf in that picture.. have a jam packed full rigid makeup case just for polishes.. another one for makeup and then of course my jewellery box.. Abi going away for a weekend looks like a mini version of a music concert setup.. just case after case being loaded into the car.. lol

ErikaS
08-11-2015, 09:22 AM
My guy ratio is almost to zero I have some thirty from past deployments and such. And it's all girl hygiene products I even need more space for polish and makeup. Lol its fun being a girl

Erika

flatlander_48
08-11-2015, 10:17 PM
I bought one of these (and in this color!) recently in order to consolidate my makeup supplies. It is even lockable if the need arises. So far, it is approaching half full...

DeeAnn

Jorja
08-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Or perhaps even some vintage and maturing 'Hai Karate!' left over from Xmas '75... :)Katey x

I just about died when I read this. Last weekend I was going through some things tossing out and making more room. I opened this box and there was my High School graduation tassel, several pictures of school mates, 4 condoms, and a bottle of 'Hai Karate that I got for Xmas about '75. So I opened the bottle and it still smells like 'Hai Karate. That brought back some memories!

donnalee
08-12-2015, 04:33 AM
Being a considerably older girl, I still have a bottle of Mennen Skin Bracer in the medicine cabinet; I think it's been there for better than 40 years. About 20 years ago I realized I couldn't stand the smell and starred using rubbing alcohol. Don't know why it's still there; I doubt I'll change my mind at this point.

BLUE ORCHID
08-12-2015, 06:48 AM
Hi Donna, I took all of the tools out of my SNAP-ON tool chest and filled it with make-up.:devil:

Jennifer B
08-12-2015, 11:30 AM
I think regardless of whether the Brut stays or goes, you're going to need a third shelf soon. :)