PDA

View Full Version : How Robin Williams death affected me...

Aleca
08-10-2015, 09:54 AM
The anniversary of his death is tomorrow,one year ago. Writing a day early as I know I will be too tired later. It was shocking, troubling and disturbing. Took me a couple months to get over it as it made me contemplate same. It forced me to look deep within myself and my recovery was going to be by accelerating my crossdressing, feeling I had nothing to lose, so I did. Got out in public a little more,.started to get involved in local trans center and just had to keep as busy as possible, in isolation daytime and unemployed. I ended up though, just to keep busy, got to a trade school for seventh months, even though I figured it would probably not get me hired anywhere. It was something to do but now have huge fines to pay back. But still, reflecting on Williams suicide made me realize the importance of expressing ourselves,whoever we are and whatever we want to be. In other words, try to not hide things to yourself too long. Find the people to outlet to, get help.

Joni T
08-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Suicide was recently ruled out, just in case you hadn't heard.
Jon

Sarah-RT
08-10-2015, 11:24 AM
Aleca I understand what you mean, I finished school in 2009 right in the middle of the economy crash, there were so few jobs and the career path I wanted didnt work out that I ended up unemployed for several months and began to become depressed, getting out of bed or how I looked were uninteresting things to me, I was self loathing and miserable and I came close to self harming too, I look back at photos of me then and I genuinely looked unhappy, on top of that I was trying to get to grips with being ''messed up'' as in crossdressing which was how I felt at the time where as now Im happy with life, I finally went to college, I have a job as well and things are looking all the better, the problem is that depression is so easy to fall under, and very hard to get out of.

A person suffering from it doesnt want to talk about it which makes it hard for others to help and generally the person wont look for help which can often lead to suicide so I always have an ear open for anyone who suffers from it, I know what its like and nobody should feel that way. Its good that you have kept active, thats the key to getting out of it, not easily done but it can be. I think back about how it ruined a year and a half of my life, how miserable I was etc etc but I think now of all the good things that have happened and think it was just a rough patch in the road that has lead me to where I am now, so while you say you owe some debts for your courses, those courses kept you busy and moving forward, expensive as they might have been.

Sarah x

Robinadress
08-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Robin Williams death didn’t do anything about my crossdressing, but as a person I was sad to hear about it.

Anyway, Robin Williams has had a large influence on me as a person and as a crossdresser. The movie dead poets society was released when I was in my youth where he was playing Mr Keating. It is one of two movies that has made me into the person I am today. It made me really think seriously about trying to be honest to myself and believe in myself no matter what the society think is right. I think that Robin Williams and this movie has pushed me out to the street when it comes to crossdressing.

Aleca
08-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Suicide was recently ruled out, just in case you hadn't heard.
Jon what is your source of information?

Alice Torn
08-10-2015, 05:56 PM
I can also relate to your being depressed and out of work, and have felt suicidal , quite often, almost succeeded six weeks ago. Now, i have actually gotten out of my closet several times, hope to go out tomorrow evening to a city band concert in the park. But, car troubles have hit again! Getting out really does help, even in we do not have close friends or a SO.

audreyinalbany
08-10-2015, 06:06 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-autopsy-confirms-death-746194

steftoday
08-10-2015, 06:34 PM
His death still is a shock to me. I've followed him since his first appearance years ago on HBO.

OCCarly
08-10-2015, 09:29 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-autopsy-confirms-death-746194

That story says suicide was confirmed as the cause of death.

alwayshave
08-11-2015, 12:54 PM
I have a number of articles that have stated that alimony was the main cause of his depession and therefore death.

Tracii G
08-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Never quite understood why people become so attached to people like movie stars or musicians etc.
Even to the point of trying to emulate them or have an obsession with everything in that persons life.
If the famous person dies these admirers go right off the deep end and their life seems to crumble.I would really love to know what the scientific term is for this so I could google it and learn more about it.
I have met big rock stars and they are just regular people like everyone else they just have a special talent and do their thing because they love doing it.
Some of the rock stars I have met happened just by accident in a club or a trade show or a concert.
I can appreciate what they do but for me to get involved in everything about them seems over the top to me.
Obsession is something I never understood.