PDA

View Full Version : I went and did it. Thoughts from the convention

Saikotsu
08-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Hey all,
As some of you already know from a previous thread, I was contemplating going to a furry convention while presenting as mixed gender. (some elements male, others female)

Well, I am really glad I did. Within moments of arriving, I saw people who were doing the exact same thing. It really struck a chord with me that I wasn't alone at this convention. To top it all off, some friends of mine who knew but had never seen me in that context were totally chill with it. They were less bothered by my presentation than I was. I was a bundle of nerves and they were totally okay with it. That really meant a lot.

To top it all off, I was able to give both sides of myself, Adyson and Adam, equal time out in the public. That said, there were a few guests at the hotel who shot me dirty looks, but they were freaked out by the furries too so at least I was in good company. For the most part nobody cared, at least as far as I know. The furries in their fursuits might have been glaring and I wouldn't have been able to tell, but meh. Everyone I interacted with directly were nice and polite.

Katey888
08-10-2015, 05:17 PM
:cool:

How cool is that? :cheer:

Pleased for you Ady - and thanks for coming back and sharing your successful time out.

Nice comment about the glaring furries... Have you tried saying "SIT!" very firmly to them and then "STAY!" to see if they respond..? ;)

As you say: meh! They're hardly in a position of any sort of aesthetic superiority, imho...

Katey x

Saikotsu
08-10-2015, 07:42 PM
I didn't try. I don't know how they would react and after the warm welcome I received, I wouldn't have wanted to risk it.
Honestly, I don't think any of them were judging me at all. And if they were, it was hidden in their suits so I never knew. But there were a lot of transgender people and crossdressers there, so we obviously are tolerated if not downright accepted in their community.
We have a lot in common with them, so it makes sense.

Adriana Moretti
08-10-2015, 09:40 PM
i would so love to party with some furries.......like a cd/tg and furry party sounds like alot of fun ........always wanted to go to one of those, or a comic-con too...i think that would be a blast too

Saikotsu
08-12-2015, 02:03 PM
I've never been to comicon, but I've been to plenty of anime conventions. They ARE a blast.