PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Experience

sabrinaedwards
08-11-2015, 01:34 PM
I have had sometime to be Sabrina over the past several days. Knowing this, I do some shopping prior. Well I was my male self and in a department store. I was looking for a colorful, flowery dress. As I was browsing a SA asked if I needed help. I did not hear her approach. I said that I was looking for a colorful dress with flowers. She asked what size I wore and blurted out that I did not know! She led me to another rack and held up a dress. She said that this should fit me well. Wow, she smiled, and left me to checked out. Maybe the world is changing.
Love, Sabrina

megan_thomas
08-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Wonderful read! I think the world is starting to be less close minded. But we still have a long way to go.

Jorja
08-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Yes, the world is changing. You going and asking for a dress as a male is helping as much as anything. Keep up the good work!

reb.femme
08-11-2015, 03:33 PM
I doth my bonnet and curtsey in your direction, as a display of admiration for you.

I'm looking to have a femme day shopping with my latest accomplice from my local group, so hoping to emulate your strength of character.

Rebecca

looking_good
08-11-2015, 04:25 PM
I have had sometime to be Sabrina over the past several days. Knowing this, I do some shopping prior. Well I was my male self and in a department store. I was looking for a colorful, flowery dress. As I was browsing a SA asked if I needed help. I did not hear her approach. I said that I was looking for a colorful dress with flowers. She asked what size I wore and blurted out that I did not know! She led me to another rack and held up a dress. She said that this should fit me well. Wow, she smiled, and left me to checked out. Maybe the world is changing.
Love, Sabrina
I was clothes shopping with my wife a few days ago. We had picked out things for her and for me. As we were checking out the SA smiled and asked "Are we buying for one of you or both of you?" It was a very, very kind and friendly tone and question and I was delighted to tell her we picked out things for both of us. A few more pleasantries as we checked out, and my smile was a mile wide. We'll be going back there again soon...

Heidi Stevens
08-11-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm glad you got such a wonderful response, Sabrina! I've never been approached while looking in male mode other than to be asked for what her size is or specific item she wants. I'm in a more conservative area of the country and the SAs haven't asked me straight up yet if it's for me. I've told them that, yes it's for me, and then they seem to be more at ease. Perhaps they are just as scared as we are to make the first move.

Jorja
08-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Perhaps they are just as scared as we are to make the first move.

Well, you know, everyone says not to speak to a crossdresser when out. Sorry sister, your getting talked to if I am around. Not to embarrass you but to encourage you.

Tracii G
08-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Shopping is fun and the SA's are totally down to help you find what works for you.
I have made a few SA friends in dept stores just being honest and telling them I love to dress up.

grace7777
08-11-2015, 07:22 PM
the SAs haven't asked me straight up yet if it's for me. I've told them that, yes it's for me, and then they seem to be more at ease. Perhaps they are just as scared as we are to make the first move.

It could be that if the SA asks "is it for you" and it turns out it is not for them the person might get offended by the question, so the safe thing is not to ask at all. Telling them "it is for me" allows them to be at ease, and knowing the situation they can better serve you.

Over six years ago, before ever going out dressed en femme, I was in Los Angeles in a small shop selling women's clothing, and the owner/SA approaches me asking if I am shopping for a wife or girlfriend, and at that moment I decided I would not lie about it and said "well actually it is for me" and the reaction from her was very positive, and said to fell free to use the dressing room if I found something I liked. I did end up buying a skirt.

kimdl93
08-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Maybe the world is changing, or maybe our expectations are changing....or I suspect that, as Forrest Gump says, it's both.

Marcelle
08-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Hi Sabrina,

Nice story and great day . . . did you buy the dress? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Isha

Robin414
08-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Perhaps they are just as scared as we are to make the first move.

I agree, if you're in drab I can see it being as tough to ask as it is to tell! I find that a good SA will ask if 'I'd like to try it on'? The last time I did that the place was full of women and not one batted an eye when I went into the dressing room and I was treated completly like any woman shopping there, even the comments on how some clothing is so this or that...it was awesome but being so new to the experience a little awkward to wrap my head around at the time...but in a good way! 😃

Gladys
08-11-2015, 09:31 PM
I have just started shopping for dresses and have had only positive experiences. I think with all the publicity today, SA's are taught to be friendly.

ShelbyDawn
08-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

I figured out a long time ago that trying to pretend is a waste of time.
Probably my best experience was shopping for new casual skirt and having a very hard time finding what I was looking for. While in the dressing room for about the third time and feeling very frustrated, out of the blue, the perfect skirt in the correct size was draped over the door by an unknown angel. It was pretty obvious someone knew what I was doing and was watching over me. :)

kimberly c
08-12-2015, 12:03 AM
I have been shopping many times at DressBarn and all the SA have been very helpful, never a problem using the dressing room even when other woman are in the store. Love the attention from the ladies when I shop.

Love Kim

docrobbysherry
08-12-2015, 12:31 AM
This is one of the ways in which Caitlyn may be helping all of us!:battingeyelashes:

NicoleScott
08-12-2015, 09:58 AM
I was such a naive young crossdresser.
"It's for my wife."
"OK, what size is she?"
"Exactly the same size I am."

I know. Duh.

Krisi
08-13-2015, 08:59 AM
I wouldn't use this experience to say the world is changing. You wanted to buy something, the SA wanted to sell something. A perfect match.

I've noticed that in many stores, especially chain stores, the employees are very helpful and friendly. This is not necessarily their personality, it's store policy. If the employees in Ross are rude, people will shop at Kohls instead. It's business.

Now if the SA had measured you and offered to let you try the dress on, that would have been extraordinary.

sabrinaedwards
08-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Yes, I did make the purchase, and I can add that it was a fun experience.

BLUE ORCHID
08-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi Sabrina, Whether presenting as Male or Female the money is still green.:hugs: