PDA

View Full Version : Asking Your Son

Kathleen Ann Trees
08-11-2015, 04:50 PM
After seeing the post about the female-less pagents, and thinking about how great that would have been when I was young in the 1970's. I know the times were really different then, but wow, looking back, how cool would it have been if my parents had asked me and supported me.

This has also made me think more about my son. You know, I have no idea how he feels about crossdressing. He's 15. I also have daughters 17 and 19. I've had no indication that he has any interest in dressing. When there was dress up play when the kids were young, he never showed any interest in dressing like a girl. There was the typical dressing by his sisters when very young, but I've not seen any initiative from him. He's a sports oriented boy playing high school soccer with very large group of friends. His sisters have done a good job of teaching him high school boy fashion and he is well liked and respected by his peers.

I'm in a DADT, unsupportive relationship with my wife of 20 years. We are still good friends and still love each other, but the passion has withered away since she found about my desires a decade or so ago. As far as I can tell, my kids don't know about me. If they do, they've been very good at keeping it to themselves.

I'm wondering about others experiences with your sons. Have you approached them with questions about their interest? Have there been good or bad experiences and consequences offering support or opening the door for your sons? I'd love the hear your thoughts and stories. Thanks for sharing.
KAT

Jorja
08-11-2015, 06:28 PM
I would say your son really isn't interested in dressing right now. However, that could change. You say he is 15. Teenagers can change their minds so fast it will make your head spin. I know, My son is a little over twice that age and I never know what he will do next.

TrishaTX
08-11-2015, 07:45 PM
This is my opinion and mine only based on my experience. My son does not have any tendencies so I highly doubt he will crossdress. I do not think it is inherited...I think it is something that occurs to some individuals. It might something emotional, you might be born with feelings of the opposite sex, or it might just be a fetish...but from my observations it is not just handed down.

kimdl93
08-11-2015, 08:09 PM
If your son did by some chance have a secret interest in CDing, the last thing he would want to do at 15 is talk about it. Now, if it comes to light by some accident, then it would be a good time to at least let him know it in no way diminishes your affection and support for him. Again, kids his age will soon enough learn that their parents have feet of clay. No need to rush that day.

Mink
08-12-2015, 02:52 PM
All fathers should encourage their sons to try on a dress! ... and buy them some cute pink panties!

they'll secretly love it!

and will then be hooked / doomed for life!

gwa ha ha!

Pat
08-12-2015, 03:17 PM
The VAST majority of males don't crossdress. It's not shocking if your son doesn't. And it's probably not something you'd want to address straight-on. Just make sure your son knows you love and support him no matter what, and he'll be fine. ;)

Samantha2015
08-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Being single and not having any children I shouldn't give any advice on this topic.
But I'll give my 2 cents worth opinion.
I don't think a parent should bring up the subject of CDing with a child. Why try to plant a seed of
an activity that is still much misunderstood/feared/hated in society in a young persons mind ?
If the child asks you directly or you catch him in a CD moment then you have an opportunity
to really show what a loving understanding parent is all about. I don't think CDing should be
mentioned/encouraged in a child that seems to have no interest in it.
:2c:

mechamoose
08-12-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm coming into this kid of late.

My oldest kids are now in their 30's.

I have one who is now 13 and is (#$($^ awesome.

Dad wears skirts, He is 100% ok with that. So are my older kids. My sires are so cool about gender issues. They don't care. They don't *see* it.

I swish so hard, and they don't notice.

I'm just 'Dad'

- MM

Teresa
08-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Kat,
Your first comment about dress up play as a child, I avoided it like the plague, I guess I just didn't want to give any clues, perhaps your son may be doing that, but then he just may not be interested, it's not hereditary .
My son and daughter are in their thirties with children, both now know about my dressing my daughter openly talks to me , my son is OK about it but doesn't really bring the subject up. The situation with my wife is DADT with little support but she did appear to be relieved when I told my son , for some reason it appeared to be her greatest fear. The only thing I don't know is how much they discuss my CDing between themselves, I would like to know because it gives me the feeling that I'm being excluded from my family through my CDing.
The fact that they know hasn't magically changed anything for me, it hasn't taken any of the feelings away, it's opened the door more for me to try and get my gender issues sorted out.
I'm not sure why I would need to ask my son if was into CDing, but a friend said when I discussed telling my son , " What makes you think your son isn't hiding something from you !" I've never forgotten those words, it also echoes my wife ranting at me when I pushed too hard, " It's not all about you !"
Other people may have problems but they may never share them .