PDA

View Full Version : a question to the GG's

pamela7
08-12-2015, 07:10 AM
I have been pondering, madly or deeply perhaps, on why crossdressing seems to be the hardest to accept of the LGBT/other spectrum, and generally on the origins of much of our whole spectrum and the origins. So my hypothesis goes back to how civilisation lasted 5000+ years in stable commune-ist cities/towns throughout Turkey/middle east before the rise of palaces/temples from around 3000 bce. It goes like this: to remain in balance with nature, heterosexual activity was confined to procreation, and homosexual activity was for the majority of the time: everyone bisexual, and probably with complete freedom of partners, raising children communally.

If hetero marriage is one symbol of creating a control-domination hierarchy, so too is subjugating women as part of controlling access to sex. As the compensation for the loss, the women are allowed to look beautiful, the men are not. Therefore, in my opinion, the crossdressing is both affronting the only privilege left to women in a dominant patriarchy, and also challenging the dominance system itself. If this is true, then no wonder such aproby is associated.

So ladies, what think you of this?

xxx Pamela

ReineD
08-12-2015, 01:51 PM
It's the fundamental biological basis for human (and all non-human) behavior. We are programmed to eat, seek shelter and safely, have sex, and evolve for our survival. These are basic instincts and adaptive responses, they're not preferences, designed for the survival of all species.

Same-sex couples cannot propagate. This might well be why throughout history and most cultures, the behavior was deemed inappropriate or undesirable. I personally do not agree, I admire the few cultures that did acknowledge and support transgendered individuals (like the Hijras, Berdaches, Fa'afines, etc), but this has not been historical norms.

As to women "allowed" to look more beautiful than men, well that's from your perspective because of your own predispositions. :) Most men are indeed attracted to femininity (and feminine-looking women) for purposes of procreation and it makes sense that women will do what they can to enhance their attractiveness to men, but most women are attracted to masculinity and masculine-looking men ... and men who want their choice of women will do what they can to enhance what women find attractive. For men it's not about putting on jewelry or wearing low-necked blouses, it's about a rugged handsomeness combined with cues that give the message of power and economic well-being. Both sexes do the same thing ... they strive for a look that the other sex finds attractive. Ask any woman who she finds most appealing for the purpose of romance or having sex, and see what she tells you: ;)

This person (https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/7/005/05d/014/1384ab2.jpg), or this person (http://khongthe.com/wallpapers/people/beautiful-women-99392.jpg).

I know who I'm most attracted to (and by extension, find most beautiful/handsome). :D :D :D