PDA

View Full Version : Doors

Laura912
08-12-2015, 03:40 PM
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
-- Helen Keller,

Just saw the above quote. Sound like any one here?

AbigailJordan
08-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I'm more of a "just keep breaking the doors down until they're all open" kinda girl :)

Dana44
08-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Doors, they are made to open. I've pursued opening any door I see as I went through my life. It has changed me in ways that are profound.

BLUE ORCHID
08-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Hi Laura, I have used that quote in a few posts about some member divorcees .

Chrissy1966
08-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Until approx. 3 months ago, my door was nailed shut with boards across it and furniture piled in front of that, similar to those movies where they're trying to keep out the zombies.

No more, baby! Kicked down that mother f#cker and am FINALLY finding out what it feels like to be happy, out of the fog.

Still a few zombies to deal with but nothing like the hordes I used to see through the cracks in the door, waiting to destroy me. F#ck those guys. HaHa :Punch:

Teresa
08-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Laura,
Sorry please excuse my ignorance but I don't who Helen Keller is, but to me she must have viewed the World through rose tinted glasses , how nice for her !

I'm also sorry to sound so cynical but at the moment real happiness doesn't appear to be written on either side of my doors but I 'm not giving up looking !

NicoleScott
08-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Speaking of Doors, crossdressing really does Light My Fire. It's fun to Break On Through To The Other Side.

Victoria Demeanor
08-12-2015, 07:27 PM
:lol2: Teresa, not sure if you were trying to make that joke or not, but you do really need to look up Helen Keller to see just now ironic that was. I'm not laughing at you, but that's just funny.

Thanks for the good thoughts Laura :)

kimdl93
08-12-2015, 07:39 PM
She was a uniquely perceptive woman. I've had a couple of doors slam shut behind me and wasted precious time looking backward.

notready4public
08-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Not sure if you were serious about not knowing who she was but if you are here is a quick synopsis of what I know of her. Helen Keller was blind and deaf, I can't recall if it was from birth or just early childhood. But she overcame both by learning to communicate, a near impossible feat for someone with both maladies. She became one of the most insightful people to have ever lived.
As for your own happiness, or potential for it, not being anywhere in sight.... Sometimes your happiness is too big for you to see it without stepping out of yourself and having the right guide show it to you!

AbigailJordan
08-13-2015, 12:15 AM
It matters not what doors open or close if you spend your life gazing longingly out of the window.

Rather than waiting for a door to open, try the handle and open it yourself :)

Adriana Moretti
08-13-2015, 12:33 AM
well said Abigail......xoxo

grace7777
08-13-2015, 01:09 AM
Opening the right door is not always easy. Sometimes it takes discipline, patience and persistence.

Sheila11
08-13-2015, 06:44 PM
I have always viewed an open door as an invitation.
Count the cost, then jump.
Always jump.