PDA

View Full Version : Is my childhood friend a cd too?

megan_thomas
08-13-2015, 12:03 PM
I need some opinions on what you girls think. A few months ago my friend and his SO were at my house just hanging out. Then we got up to go outside for some fresh air. So I slid on my sandals and went outside, caring on a conversation his SO randomly asked me if I painted my toenails while pointing at my feet. I was wearing thin black socks and had bright pink polish so it was kinda visible. So I said yes, then my friend blurted out so do I. His SO said yeah, he paints his nails more than I do! So we laughed it off then they went home a few hours later. The other day I noticed his toenails were painted. It seems like he gives me hints like showing me a pic of him in his SO shirt. How should I approach him about this question or what should I do?

Jorja
08-13-2015, 12:28 PM
There is only one way to find out. Ask him if he crossdresses.

sarah87
08-13-2015, 12:50 PM
i would be a little more delicate but if he has painted nails and wore his SO shirt I would ask him and just say, I am curious, do you wear more female clothing. I would also add that it is 100% ok, your not judging you just want your friend to be comfortable around you

Kelsey21
08-13-2015, 01:20 PM
As long as you aren't his boss, fire away.... "What kind of panties you wearin today?
Hehe ;)

Lauri K
08-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Like others have said there is only one way to find, and that is to ask

But my guess he is one of us

Likely he is doing more than wearing SO shirt and nail polish..........just saying I am suspicious that he is one of us ladies too

NicoleScott
08-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Ask, but be subtle. Ask if he ever paints his fingernails. Anything else generally considered feminine? Ever try makeup? Panties? Etc etc
And be sure to say "so do I". That ought to encourage him to open up, should he be a crossdresser.

Pat
08-13-2015, 01:40 PM
I say up the ante -- show him a picture of you in your SO's shirt and add a miniskirt. ;)

Ninna
08-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Wow thats a coincidence!! Of course I believe that you should ask, im sure he is, then imagine what you can share together!! It would be a fabulous girlfriend for you!

Ezekiel
08-13-2015, 01:47 PM
He might be aswell, as others have mentioned, ask in a subtle way. I reinforce the opinion that you should ask.

AngelaYVR
08-13-2015, 02:51 PM
...and eventually, mankind discovers that crossdressers are the majority and those who don't are the weirdos.

paulaprimo
08-13-2015, 03:18 PM
I do see the big deal either way... would you want him to approach you first with the same questions?
I wonder if he is asking himself, is my friend a cd'er? maybe he is a member here and already read this thread... ;)

Meghan4now
08-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Ask to borrow his copy of the "Feme Fever" catalog, or if he has heard of Andrea James or Calpernia Adams.

phylis anne
08-13-2015, 05:07 PM
Well you could open the dance a bit for him ,why don't you give some hints of yourself? maybe some subtle dressing or conversation maybe wear sandles no socks so he will see you both might be birds of a feather

~Joanne~
08-13-2015, 05:15 PM
well, the door is certainly open to inquire more about what he does and doesn't do, and he opened it, so why not just ask? If one of my friends came to me with him being a CD, we most certainly would have a bit more in common :D

Katie01
08-13-2015, 05:32 PM
I would ask if there was a story behind the painted nails. If she gives the slightest indication she might cd I'd proffer your story.

lisalove
08-13-2015, 07:37 PM
I think the more important question is, Why are you wearing black socks with sandals?

CONSUELO
08-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Yes, ask but be subtle and polite. Also be prepared to admit some of your cross dressing activities. I hope it works out. Knowing this about one another should deepen the relationship hopefully.

BLUE ORCHID
08-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Hi Megan I have nothing more to add, But please do keep us advised of what you find out about him.:hugs:

megan_thomas
08-13-2015, 09:04 PM
Thanks for all the advice!! I invited him over Saturday to shoot some pool and drink a few at my place. I will bring it up to him by asking if he still paints his nails and show him mine then go from there!! Ill Update you girls Saturday night or Sunday morning!! I'v got new colors so I gotta show them off! ;)

kimdl93
08-13-2015, 09:24 PM
I think the more important question is, Why are you wearing black socks with sandals?

Good point! I suppose it was a failed attempt to disguise the pint toenails.

But since his SO felt confident enough to ask and disclose, I believe that is the conversation starter. Next time, volunteer a little more about yourself. That's more polite and more encouraging than bluntly asking. I'm sure they have he same thoughts.

Robin414
08-13-2015, 09:48 PM
... Also be prepared to admit some of your cross dressing activities.

Absolutely keep us posted but as Consulelo says, be wary of your own potential 'outing', lots of politics going on but you're the best politician for this job😉

megan_thomas
08-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Lol!! About the socks with the sandals. They are just something I slip on when I go outside to get fresh air or let the dogs out.

Lori Kurtz
08-13-2015, 10:46 PM
One caution you might want to consider, in addition to the good advice from the other girls here, is where your relationship with this friend will go if it turns out that he is one of us and you become fully open with him about yourself. This will be a very special thing to share with this other person who is not your SO. Will either your SO or his feel threatened in such a way that it could be hurtful to those important relationships? Or will the two of you become tempted to share some sexual activities together apart from your SOs? There's no way to know for sure without actually going ahead and opening up to each other, I suppose, but once you've shared your secrets, you can't unshare them. Maybe a good heart-to-heart with your SO should happen before you take such a step.

Samantha_Smile
08-14-2015, 03:27 AM
I demand updates on this! LOL

Ezekiel
08-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Or will the two of you become tempted to share some sexual activities together apart from your SOs?

I support your whole post, but this part got me confused. Why would they have any sexual intercourse if they are both hetero and married? Because thats what you mean right?

Lori Kurtz
08-14-2015, 07:56 AM
I support your whole post, but this part got me confused. Why would they have any sexual intercourse if they are both hetero and married? Because thats what you mean right?

I don't know what might happen ... but as I think about my own crossdressing past, which was completely solitary, I realize that some unexpected feelings emerged when I dressed up. My sexual experiences over the course of my life have been, with one little exception, only with women, and I consider myself almost entirely heterosexual. But when I dressed up, my fantasies were all about giving sexual pleasure to men. If I, en femme, had the opportunity to actually meet up with another CDer, and if CDing had the same meanings for that person as it did for me, the sexual feelings would be very intense and powerful, I think. And if I were in a committed relationship with a woman at that time, the temptations might be great. I can't speak for how that might work for the OP, and it would depend partially on what CDing means to that person, as opposed to what it means to me. So I'm just trying to raise a flag of caution--sometimes it's best to avoid temptations that could have serious consequences.

Amy Lynn3
08-14-2015, 09:01 AM
He already knows you paint your toe nails, so the next time you see him...with a picture of your femme self in hand, say....Here is a picture of myself wearing the same color polish you saw the other day. Do you think this outfit goes well with that color ? That should bring the house down.

Your friend will either pull up his big girl panties and fess up or or run away crying like a little girl.:heehee:

Krisi
08-14-2015, 10:14 AM
I don't get the point of painting one's toenails (as a crossdresser). You can't feel that they are painted and once you put your shoes on you can't see them (unless you're wearing sandals or open toed shoes. And as a size 12W, I don't really want to call attention to my feet.

I can take my wig, forms and padded panty off in just a minute or so and change from Krisi to Homer. Not so if I colored my toenails. It's a sure way to out one's self as we can see by this post.

Now for the original question, your friend may indeed be a crossdresser but do you think he wants you to know about it? Do you want him to know you are a crossdresser? What if you out yourself to him and he is not a crossdresser or denies being one? Where does that leave you? If it turns out that you are both crossdressers, what then?

Personally, I wouldn't take it any further. If he wants to talk to you about it, he will.

Pat
08-14-2015, 10:42 AM
I don't get the point of painting one's toenails (as a crossdresser).

Different strokes for different folks, of course. For me, they're the first thing I see when I wake up in the morning and they set the tone for the entire day. ;)

Beverley Sims
08-14-2015, 10:57 AM
I would leave it for your friend to broach the subject.
Often you will get a denial if you ask right up.
Let it slide and see what transpires.

Judith96a
08-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Krisi, I may not be able to feel the nail polish on my toes nor be able to see them either but I know that they're a beautiful (insert colour here) and that gives me a buzz (especially when I'm sitting in a boring meeting)

Isabella Ross
08-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Oh, for gosh sakes, what's the big deal? Of course ask! If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Jorja
08-14-2015, 12:39 PM
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck... It might be a cow! :)

megan_thomas
08-14-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm still going to ask him or maybe I might wear something kind of reveling (like some black silk panties under some white basketball shorts) to make him question me, to start the conversation. Unless any of your beautiful souls have any better ideas. As fair as outting myself to him I feel I can trust him with my secret and if things go sour and he tells everyone and doesn't want to be friends anymore. Its alright because I think a true friend would accept me for who I really am. So its a win win situation. As fair as sexual intercourse there will be none of that. I dress because it feels right, love feeling like a female and have since I could remember. I have always found women attractive never men. But any who ill keep my girls posted!!

justmetoo
08-14-2015, 08:02 PM
If you're okay with "outing" yourself and ready to accept the consequences why not just tell him about yourself? OK, I know, from personal experience, that opening up oneself like that isn't a "just", but I think it's better than trying to orchestrate an "outing" by discovery, so to speak. In other words, being open and honest is better than being caught out, in my opinion. It will show that you trust him and care enough about your friendship to risk being vulnerable. In any case, best wishes!

Tonya Rose
08-14-2015, 08:47 PM
Only you know the level of trust you have with your BF. And I like all the answers here on this but also think all the girls here . Myself included. would love to have a BF that was like minded also.. so approach with caution . and good luck! Hope it all goes well for you! And looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!:hugs:

pamela7
08-15-2015, 07:33 AM
its obvious, so come out with it, that was an open invite. if you can't trust that level of friendship, what does it say?!

Jonithan
08-15-2015, 07:38 AM
I'm still going to ask him or maybe I might wear something kind of reveling (like some black silk panties under some white basketball shorts) to make him question me, to start the conversation. Unless any of your beautiful souls have any better ideas.

The idea of having a best friend know about and to share in your secret sounds awesome. I was going to suggest wearing a black bra under a white tee shirt. But, yeah, how about just a cup of coffee. Talk about anything (you know him best). Hey, I missed the (game, Presidential Debate, Tv show, whatever) because Kohls had a sale on misses/ juniors back to school dresses or jeans. Or, just drop the Caitlyn bomb. Anywho, the best of luck to you. Take a couple deep breaths and jump. Of course I have nothing to lose in this. Do what you feel is right and let us know either way how it goes.

Pulling for you
joni

Claire Cook
08-15-2015, 08:37 AM
I'd agree that the door is open, and you've had lots of good suggestions for the next step. If it turns out you both CD, and did way back when, I think that is a comment about how much we all hid it when we were growing up.

JenniferR771
08-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Justmetoo is right. Out yourself. Show him your pictures from last Halloween.

Alexis08
08-15-2015, 09:40 AM
I have a childhood friend who I think is a crossdresser too. not sure if he practices it, though, as we have no contact today.

Ezekiel
08-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Thanks for clearing that Lori, now I see what you mean with your experience.