PDA

View Full Version : Refering to Him as Her?

Sarahgurl371
02-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Does anybody else in here feel the way I do?;)

I refer to you all here as HER. GG, CD, TG, TS alike. Although I haven't been on the FTM forums I guess I would refer to those folks as HIM.

Every time I am talking with my wife, she looks at me wierd when I refer to a MTF in the female sense, or pronoun.

Any thoughts?

GG's can you offer any input? Do you take offense? Are you bothered by your SO refering to genetic males here as SHE?

Damn, I knew I misspelled something!

Lisa Marie
02-09-2006, 06:13 PM
I always like to be refered to in here as a her. I hope to someday venture out as a she and be called mam.

Wendy me
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
would it be silly to call a wendy him???with fem names i would like to think we would not be thinking of us as him's unless we are the ftm then him's are ok ...i think....

Angela Burke
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I always refer to the girls here as "her" and "she".
To me it wouldn't seem right to do otherwise.

Mona
02-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I only know girls here as girls so I refer to them as she.

Shelly Preston
02-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I would almost always refer to the the gender presented but ??

Pete Burns who was in Celebrity Big Brother (uk) looked more like a girl but was still refered to as Pete

How can you refer to Pete as she (just a thought) ?????

Keyplayer74
02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I gotta tell you.. I always do an internal double-take when I have to refer to a TG as "Her" - it feels strange. Like... it goes against the grain. Anybody else feel like that??

ronda
02-09-2006, 07:31 PM
i would not call aperson called ronda him so i always think she or her:D

Sally/nyc
02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi girls:
When I m on this forum, I love to be called in the female gender, her, she.;) ;) girl, miss etc.
I also call other ladies here girls.
I feel so great when addressed as she or girl, and I think many others here are also.

Kisses
Sally;)

Jodi
02-09-2006, 08:21 PM
In this age, it is entirely correct to address a group of girls by saying, "Hi guys". The term appears to be generic now.

Jodi

Denise01
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
When i am dressed and or chatting in a tg chat room, I like to be referred to as her, and I always address the girls as her.

When i am out shopping femme, It makes me so good to be addressed as her, or Mam, which i have been several times.

Had a great experience yesterday, out shoppping femme, the cashier in one store i was in commented that she like how pretty my ear rings were, and she would like some the same.

Denise;)

NatalieBliss
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I only know girls here as girls so I refer to them as she.

Me too... :D

Karinna
02-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Being refereed here as a girl, is an extraordinary Mental satisfaction
that completes well the Physical feminine perception of myself.

Let's call us girls !

Bisous xx

Tamara Croft
02-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I refer to all the mtf cd/ts etc as 'her' and the ftm as 'him'. I think a lot would take offense to being called a 'man in a dress' :p

Katrina
02-09-2006, 09:23 PM
I can tell you that Katrina would be most displeased by your apparent lack of tact if you called her a "him". She would probably go Darth Vader on you and get all force chokey.

Elsie GG
02-09-2006, 09:26 PM
I am challenged when interacting with Dian to call her him at home. It was very easy to address her as her in this forum. We have discussed this, and decided that she won't be offended if I address her when en femme as he. I am getting better (with the experience of this forum) with the female pronoun.

TGMarla
02-09-2006, 10:12 PM
I am challenged when interacting with Dian to call her him at home.Can you say that three times fast? :D

I just refer to us all with female pronouns. I interact very little with the F2M's here, but if and when I do, the same courtesy applies. After all, that's one reason we're here, isn't it?

He is she is he is too,
He dresses like the office girls do.

You oughta hear the music to it.....:D

uknowhoo
02-09-2006, 10:37 PM
I gotta tell you.. I always do an internal double-take when I have to refer to a TG as "Her" - it feels strange. Like... it goes against the grain. Anybody else feel like that??

Only when referring to Alan (sorry) :o

It's all good though.

T

MaylinJane
02-09-2006, 10:49 PM
I always refer to the girls here as "her" and "she".
To me it wouldn't seem right to do otherwise.

I have to agree with angela, it just seems rather disrespectful not to use feminine pronouns with a femme name, or vice versa. Sadly I think the english language is badly lacking in pronouns for the dual gendered or intersexed. It, to me sounds insulting and depersonalizing. I perfer to be called her/she even in drab.

May

ladyelaine
02-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Her is perfectly fine with me. I can't remember thinking otherwise.

ladyelaine

ReginaK
02-10-2006, 02:31 AM
I refer to people as the gender they present to the world. It's respectful and it's the way i'd want them to treat me. And if i'm not sure of what their presenting, I address them with gender neutrality.

biggirlsarah
02-10-2006, 02:44 AM
I always refer to people in the projected gender , as in dressed en-femme as female ( her , she ) , and male as him , because there is nothing worse than being dressed en-femme and refered to as sir .
Lots of love Sarah xxx

FionaAlexis
02-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Hi Tammy,

I always refer to others by the gender pronoun appropriate to how they present or their self indentified gender.

I think it's pretty much tranny etiquette - and not something that's started at the advent of the internet forums. In the 70s I was calling M2Fs 'she' and even then it felt quite the right thing. Certainly I was delighted to be referred to by the female pronoun. And I guess it may seem to be just part of the dressing fantasy or charade to outsiders - but to me it has deeper meaning - about this female self image.

It becomes a little awkward when GM&GG couples attended functions.

Fiona xx

JoAnnDallas
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Not only do I refer to others on this part of the forum as "she/her", but on occasion, I will totally forget that the other person is a really a male. The hardest part I have is not with the CD/TG/TS but with that person's SO. It feels werid saying "her wife".

I have had others comment that my writing comes across as female. I never thought about it before, but it goes along with the fact that I feel that a good part of my brain is female and thus when I express myself here on this forum and others, my writing comes out female.

Julia Cross
02-10-2006, 11:10 AM
When my GF and I talk about it, we refer to crossdressers by their birth sex and when we talk about transgendered individuals who live their lives as the opposite gender, we refer to them by their current gender.

J

CaptLex
02-10-2006, 12:38 PM
I interact very little with the F2M's here, but if and when I do, the same courtesy applies.

Actually, I prefer "Capt.". Just kidding, really. I don't have "pronoun trouble" (as Daffy Duck says), but I think it's only right and logical (as Spock says) to address a person as the gender presented, regardless of biological accoutrement. ;)

Aileen
02-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, people here don't seem to like me going by my male name. I feel I'm just pretending, here, and I have no desire to become a woman, so calling me "him" is just fine with me, and so is calling me "her." Most of the lovely ladies here call me "her." Sometimes I get a little tired of all the silly names online and I just want to be known by my own name. I hate to think that some day I might have to meet someone and say, "Hello, I'm Single-Prop-Biplane" or some such silly name.

Julie Avery
02-10-2006, 01:10 PM
"Hello, I'm Single-Prop-Biplane"

Would that be a him or a her?:p

Angela Burke
02-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Would that be a him or a her?:p
Trains and boats and planes are always "she".

maid phylis
02-10-2006, 01:24 PM
as we are all women on this forum and all the other forums like it i refer to all my sisters as her or she ,this is who we are .love phylisanne:rose2: