PDA

View Full Version : Made a trip into Victorias Secret today

Lisa Marie
02-09-2006, 06:16 PM
I went to the mall today to VS plus I went in male mode. I bought 2 pairs of pantyhose I wanted to buy some fishnets but didnt have enough money for Angela to get them. The ladies in there were nice to me guess they have guys come in alot. They never asked who I was shopping for or anything. Has anyone gone to VS in male mode? :thumbsup:

Phyliss
02-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes I have and have never had any problems. The girls at the VS I go to are quite professional.
Pity I can't go there more often, but I only have just so much money and I don't think the bank would accept the excuse that I spent the mortgage money at VS.

Aloha_Dana
02-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Boo hoo }sob sniff{ they don't have any Victoria's Secret stores in Hawaii. }sniff wipe sniff{ Though I do have very fond memories of shopping there when I was on the mainland. And yes, never have I run into any sales rep who was not 100% professional.

On the bright side, we do have a Morgan Berret here in the Islands. :)

Dana

Carlacd
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Vs is where i tend to get my panti*s. Have never had a bad experience. The Ladies have all been very professional in their jobs. I have never been out and about in fem mode, always go in drab.
It was only just last month that i found out what Carla looked like, when i had my makeover. Even then didn't go out, but i will the next time.

Jodi
02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
One need never fear shopping in general, let alone at VS. I have shopped for years at VS in guy mode. I've had a bra fitting, and tried on new styles of bras in the fitting rooms. I come right out and tell them it's for me. The response is always, "that's cool". They want a sale, a satisfied customer, and a return customer. THe only thing to fear is fear. Walk right into VS, smile, be polite, and tell them what you want. THey will bend over backwards to assist you.

Jodi

Seriosilly GG
02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't think anyone has ever had a bad experience in that store heh. The only thing I have seen sometimes is if a guy insists he needs no help they tend to stay around him/ have other people ask if he needs any help. I think that actually may be to make the women buying for themselves less embarrassed while shopping (it can be really embarrassing picking up some panties and seeing a guy there give you a wink or something, its happened to me before YUCK dude!)

Just the other day I was at the mall and outside of a Frederick's of Hollywood there was 3 old men sitting on benches completly staring at the women in there. Talk about uncomfortble!

swiss_susan
02-10-2006, 08:57 AM
They told me I was not elligible for consideration for a job in there as I was male! Discriimination at its worst. :D

Susan

JoAnnDallas
02-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Back before Xmas, I went into the local VS and appiled for a Angel card. They promply took my data and I now have a silver VS Angel card. I did ask if a lot of men get one of the Angel cards and the sales person assured me that a lot men apply for one and a lot of men shop in the store too.

I am in the closet to my wife, but one of the things I love when we are out shopping is to take the items my wife is buying and go pay for them by myself. I have never had a negitive comment.

BTW, I have recently signed up for various women catalogs in my male name. I figure if my wife makes a comment about it, I can just tell her that well guess my name has been put on a mailing list after I got my VS card. She knows I applied for the VS card, since it is one way to get on VS's catalog list. She also knows I like to look at and collect VS catalogs. She thinks it is a little strainge but lets me indulge in this. LOL

JoAnn

tifftg
02-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I have shopped many times in drab at V Secret and a few times enfemme. They are always polite and professional. They want their customers to feel comfortable in the store and that is who we are, customers with every right to be treated appropriately. It took me a long time to get past the fear and the guilt, I accept who I am and that it is just as much my place to shop wherever as anyone else.

Bravo to you for taking those first steps, they get easier as you go.

Hugs,

Tiff

Pink Satin
02-10-2006, 02:30 PM
I wish I could go in to a V S store, I love shopping, and I love V S. Since I'm in the UK, I have to rely on their mail order service. Thank goodness they ship internationally, unlike Spiegel and Nordstrom, who have some wonderful silk items:cry:

connie rotten
02-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm not real fond of the quality of the VS merchandise so I only get undies there when they have the big sale. One of the sales girls there is quite campy with me with alot of "this will fit you... " I've asked her if she could be available to help me with the hard to fasten in the back corsets. Her reply was "there's a thought zip me zip you" as she told me the sales total.:c9:

Shelby
02-10-2006, 04:38 PM
I went into a VS recently as a guy to buy some nylons and a garter for myself. I was approached by a nice sales girl and told that I needed these items for a theater show I was doing (the truth actully). She smiled and giggled at first then right work helping me. She suggested a certain pair of thigh highs that she prefers then we went over to the garters drawer. She pulled out a simple black one and then another balck one with lace. I like the lace but didn't want to admit it to her, but I made the reluctent look and said how might as well have fun, I'll take the lace one - she siad good choice. She was really cool about it and told me that she has helped other guys with purchases for themselves after I asked. I of course thanked her, paid and left.

Sandy2628
02-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I was on a business trip last week and had my first chance to go to a VS. I walked in and told the sales girl it was my first time in a VS. She could not had been 17. I told I would like to see some underwear. She would show me a pair and say these would fit well and keep things in place. She was really cool. I would go again when I have a chance. It was really fun.:bs:

Jodi
02-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Swiss Susan, Three years ago, there was a 21 year old male working at our local VS store over the Christmas holidays. The store manager told me that he did well and the customers loved him.

Jodi

Mistress Frillee
02-10-2006, 09:38 PM
This is what I was told.... The Ladies have all been very professional in their jobs @ VS. They do not LOL until after YOU have left the store!

LOL.

lydia7
02-11-2006, 07:29 AM
They told me I was not elligible for consideration for a job in there as I was male! Discriimination at its worst. :D

Susan

Susan...I can somewhat relate to your point, but there is a reason for the response you got. VS is owned by Limited Brands, whose Corporate HQ is in my town. With 3,500 employees, you get the truth sooner or later! Anyway, VS hires women because in their testing of customers preferences---like 97% stated they would not feel comfortable being assisted my a male for the types of products they buy in VS. With the femme side of your mind, would you feel comfortable with man touching or sizing your figure while you shop for intimate garments?? In my state, we may change our sex for most things (ID, Credit card, etc.) but not for tax purposes or employment. So...being 100% female and post-op TS, and I hope percieved as a woman...I can't even work there! Having really no great understanding of living as a man, and understanding fully the issues women face--I am not bothered.

I have 4 friends that work for LBI (VS) and they are wonderful people!

Just my perspective...

Bridget
02-12-2006, 12:18 PM
I mostly go there only when there's a big sale, because otherwise, it tends to be a little on the pricey side for the quality. But the staff is friendly.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Susan...I can somewhat relate to your point, but there is a reason for the response you got. VS is owned by Limited Brands, whose Corporate HQ is in my town.

It appears, Lydia, that you and I live in the same city. I thought you might like to know that VS seems to have loosened it's policy on male employees, as I have occasionally seen guys working in the non-lingerie sections of the big store at Easton, usually helping with beauty products or during christmas, the stock room.

But I agree with you, and even as a guy, shopping in drab, which is the only way I've ever shopped at VS, I wouldn't really feel as comfortable dealing with a male employee as a female. As far as the rest of the thread is concerned, I have never had a negative experience with VS salesgirls when shopping for myself. the only experience that even sticks out is the girl who tried to convince me I should also buy a bra to go with the panties I was buying, obviously looking out for the girl she assumed I was shopping for.

I used to use female pronouns when shopping there, "she wants these..." as if to imply I was shopping for someone else, but now I just go in and pick what I want and say "I'll take these" or if I'm being assisted I just tell the girl that "I am looking for..." and just let them assume what they want. My money spends there as well as anyone else's.

Jodi
02-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Alyssa, I worked for both New York & Company and The Limited. When the girl tried to sell you the matching bra to go with the pantys, she was doing her job, not forcing anything on you. It is called finishing the sale. All SA's are taught to do this. When the customer is supposedly finished, you are taught to finish the sale by selling one more item, ie a belt, purse, jewelry, or, in your case, a matching bra.

The name of the game is sales, and in any Limited Brand store (VS is one of them), each SA has her sales tracked and they are rated on whether they make their goal for the day or not. Future pay raises are based on this. This is why any of us should never have a problem in VS. The girls are trained to sell and they are expected to sell. They don't care who is buying it as long as the customer buys.

Jodi

Katrina
02-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I don't buy too much stuff there (for myself) but I did buy a pair of breast forms. The girl working there was very professional, but I still felt like a jerk buying those...I almost blurted out that they were for me so I didn't come off as a jerk that wanted my GF to have bigger breasts... ;)

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-13-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm actually a salesman myself so I fully understand the concept of closing a sale. I didn't say she was forcing anything on me, I just said it was the only thing that stuck out in my head. I was actually using it as an example of a salesgirl at VS treating me like any other customer.

I just remember it being funny because she was saying it several times and it was clear from the conversation that she was suggesting that if I was shopping for a girl, she'd be very happy to have a matching set of underwear. She was saying it to me as a way to close the sale, since she probably has convinced guys before to buy something else with the promise that it'd make the girlfriend happier.

loridawncd
02-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I shop at victorias secret all the time. I've tried on bras and panties in the dressing room.

Annaliese
02-13-2006, 06:32 PM
I live in a small town and only get to shop at VS when I go out of town (Salt Lake City Ut) have always been treated well. My all time fun shopping was at Frederick's of Hollywood shopping for a corset I told the sale girl that is was for me she had me try on three corsets and help me with each of them there was a GG trying on corsets at the same time and she was also great. I wore the corset out to dinner that night with some other T-girl.

I just found this site it is so nice to have a site one can talk with other T-girls
as I said I live in a small town and I know I am not the only T-girl in town. Finding the other is a problem.

Anna

jjjjohanne
02-23-2006, 07:53 AM
It is every CD's ambition to build up enough nerve to go to 1) the mall, 2) VS, 3) Hanes Bali outlet. I expect they get to meet every CD who ever goes out dressed in your community. They are bound to be open.

My worst experience was being somewhat ignored by the staff. I guess they were all to uncomfortable approaching me. If I remember correctly, I was in all drab.

deana cd
02-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I shop at VS quite often and have never had a bad experience. The salespeople never try to make me feel uncomfortable and are always very nice.

Victoria Pink
02-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I've been in a VS store in drab. It was a very good experience. One thing I enjoyed was their "panties drawer". Talk about a fun experience. The sales girl was trying to find a pair of a certain style of panties for me in yellow. She opened this panty drawer and it looked just like my sisters or cousins did years ago when I was "peaking". It was stuffed! Then the sales girl started digging through them looking for this certain pair. Every so often she would hand me a pair and say, "what do you think of these?" It was a BLAST!

I bought panties and a slip. :bs:

I have also been to a Hanes Bali store en femme. That was fun as well. Had a bra fitting and then as it was the end of the shopping day, I was able to visit with the clerks for about 5 minutes as they rang up my panties purchases and we talked about shopping.

Victoria