PDA

View Full Version : Dancing!

AngelaYVR
08-15-2015, 04:20 AM
Wow, just got back from clubbing (not baby seals), having spent most of the evening dancing. I've been dressed from the early hours with one outfit change (demure linen skirt to sparkly mini) and went with two friends to a club. I hadn't danced in a long time, but we started off dancing together but when they got tired I just kept going; girls came up and danced with me, I danced by myself - I had so much fun!

But to get to my point, I found that I quickly developed a girly dancing style. Yes, I've danced at home a bit but out there it seemed my hips found a new dimension and I moved like never before. I was also the tallest person on the floor, 6' + 5" heels, one girl told me that the guys found me intimidating (which was ok with me). Gosh, I loved it!

So dancing girls, are you nodding your heads and recognizing yourself or do you dance the same as a girl or a guy?

Marcelle
08-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Hi Angela,

It sounds like you had a great time. Well, at 50+ I think my sparkly mini clubbing days are a bit behind me but I do love to dance and did quite a bit of it when I was younger (clubbing and dancing that is). I will sometimes dance at home while working out and find that my dancing style will vary depending on whether I am in guy work out clothes or girl work out clothes.

Cheers

Isha

Katey888
08-15-2015, 05:35 AM
Well, at 50+ I think my sparkly mini clubbing days are a bit behind me

Pshaaawww...!!! :hmph:

On this I utterly disagree... you just need to find the right groove, babe... ;)

I'm nodding and agreeing with Angela on one basis, but sadly I do dance the same way as girl or guy... Well, maybe not quite as overtly girly as guy, but my wife has long told me that I dance like a girl, so that may explain why I haven't historically spent much time on the dance floor... :doh:

Just why is it that guys can't be a little slinky, sinuous and sensual with our dancing...? Oh - society dictates... we must fit in our macho box, mustn't we... :angry:

I miss dancing... I must get out again... ;)

Katey x

AbigailJordan
08-15-2015, 06:05 AM
haha.. I totally know where you're coming from. As a guy I tend to be very reserved and rarely dance unless forced to.. Once I have those heels on though.. just like you, the butt can't stop wiggling, the hips can't stop swaying.

As Robin says, guys aren't "allowed" to dance sexily, we're expected to dance tough.. Abi loves the release to just feel her groove :)

Kate Simmons
08-15-2015, 06:36 AM
I dance like a girl of course. Mostly because I was taught by women. ;):battingeyelashes::)

reb.femme
08-15-2015, 07:06 AM
...but we started off dancing together but when they got tired I just kept going; girls came up and danced with me, I danced by myself - I had so much fun!...

I love dancing, but I had to make a concerted effort not to be male me after I had my first GNO with Mandy Walker from my local group, just last weekend. Totally unplanned and loved every minute. I've highlighted this part because this is how it was for me. Mandy got chatting and dancing with everyone in the club and before long, we had several GGs hanging with us. Very nice! Must pick a sweeter outfit for next time. :battingeyelashes:

...I miss dancing... I must get out again... ;)Katey x

And for Katey, we will be going to the dance later this year, that much I promise. Best foot and glad rags forward. :daydreaming:

kimdl93
08-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Never been a dancer in either presentation....always felt awkward and self conscious.

And then I see other awkward people stumbling around on the dance floor and it reinforces my commitment to remaining still.

MissTee
08-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Presenting male or female, I lack any kind of grace when dancing. More like I'm running on dry land with swim fins on my feet. I'll have to try a sparkly skirt. That may help.

Krisi
08-15-2015, 08:05 AM
As a former professional musician, I never learned to dance, I was providing the music. As for a woman dancing by herself, we would usually comment on that among ourselves.

Ceera
08-15-2015, 08:21 AM
I try to get out once a week as Ceera to dance at a local nightclub. I'll dance with girls, guys, or by myself. Given a choice, I prefer dancing with the girls, and they seem to like dancing with me a lot. Definitely I emulate the dancing moves of the other girls in the club, and the way I dance as Ceera is quite unlike how I dance as a male.

docrobbysherry
08-15-2015, 12:51 PM
How can anyone dance the same way as they do in drab when you're wearing 4"+ heels, girdles, and forms?

All of which seem to alleviate my back issues when dancing!:brolleyes:

I'm over 70 and not a great dancer in any mode. But, on clubbing nites? It's rare when I don't spend well over an hour on the dance floor!:battingeyelashes:

Alice Torn
08-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Angela, I am curious, as I have dreamed of trying this, but would have to go alone. I am 6'6" without heels! What type of music do they play? I am not a fan of most newer music, like oldies, classical, swing era, big band. What did you dance to, ot what do you prefer?

Heidi Stevens
08-15-2015, 05:01 PM
I was on the cutting edge of Disco in the early to mid seventies in Memphis (my grades showed it to!), so I know all about dancing till the cows come home. Since my bachelor days ended, I've not step foot in a disco but a handful of times in the last 30 years. Weddings and graduations are the only place I shake my groove thing now. I may give it a go sometime as Heidi, but that oppertunity has not come up yet. Till then, I'll nurse my drink and watch the fun.

Tabitha_Lynn
08-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Presenting male or female, I lack any kind of grace when dancing. More like I'm running on dry land with swim fins on my feet. I'll have to try a sparkly skirt. That may help.

Hey, this sounds like me, too!!

St. Eve
08-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Oh, dancing is one of the best things in life for me. I have been lucky to get to follow and lead, and dance with many women and many men....always, though in drab. Fortunately, I get to be very girly when I follow because of the fun dance circles I am in, and, going out to dance en femme would be a dream come true...sure hope I get to do that some day.

Yippee for dancing....

Peace
St. Eve

AngelaYVR
08-16-2015, 03:25 AM
What type of music do they play? I am not a fan of most newer music, like oldies, classical, swing era, big band. What did you dance to, ot what do you prefer?

Well, I will say that unfortunately the club played all newer music which ran the gamut from "ok" to "horrible". I danced anyway because I got into a groove and it just flowed. I asked the DJ if he had any 80s music and he looked a bit unsure when he said he had a couple of songs. In any event, nothing older than 2010 was played.
70s and 80s is my preference but I was out of town, the guest of others and it not being a huge metropolis the choice of clubs was limited. To one. One club that catered to a diverse crowd. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed myself.

Jane G
08-16-2015, 04:01 AM
I LOVE DANCING! I'm with Angela on this. I dance a different style to each style of music. Who dances the same to Rock and Roll as they do to Disco? So why wouldn't I dance a different style when wearing heels. When dressed I use my hps moor and I do far less extrovert moves. I show off less I think. Probably because I feel more beautiful, so no need too..:battingeyelashes:

janina_xoxo
08-16-2015, 04:31 PM
I LOVE to dance! As a guy, I just dance and club through the night! I just started to fantasize sbout a girls' night out, that would be something right.. :cheer: ;)