PDA

View Full Version : On holiday wearing pretty clothes

Ellie52
08-16-2015, 01:11 AM
I am currently sitting with my wife at a beautiful resort in Western Australia. On Friday we went to the day spa and had a full day treatment for two with facials, exfoliation, full hot oil massage hand and foot treatments then my favorite, the manicure and pedicure. My wife said before we left that I could have my fingernails and toes painted any color I wanted and could leave it on for the duration of our holiday. (#1 on my bucket list).
So now its Sunday and I am sitting outside in a lovely short print skirt, yellow T shirt, and lace vest with wine red fingernail and toe nails.

The whole experience has been surreal. Going out to dinner wearing ladies clothes but in guy mode - ladies blouse/ leggins/shoes with painted nails etc and not one person has made a nasty comment. In fact everyone has been fantastic. We went out to some local towns yesterday and today, again totally acceptable.

This holiday has shown my wife that we can share the CD experience and have fun with it and not bother what other people think. At 54 we should be able to enjoy ourselves any way we wish as long as we are not hurting anyone else.

We are going out to dinner again tonight so Ill have to swap the skirt for leggings (a little compromise goes a long way), but everything else stays the same.

We have had such a great time together we are looking forward to our next spa treatment.

I think the world is becoming a more accepting place finally.

Going home on Tuesday and will have to remove the fingernail polish but the toes are staying red for a while longer.

Best wishes Ellie

sugarbabe
08-16-2015, 02:54 AM
This sounds fun! The first time I ever went out dressed was with my wife when we took a trip out of town last year. I was very nervous, but we had a great time and I only got one strange vibe from an Uber driver. Keep enjoying yourself!

Jane G
08-16-2015, 04:36 AM
Sooo... Jealous! enjoy. Where did you go on your holiday?:daydreaming:

Katey888
08-16-2015, 04:36 AM
Ellie - sounds like you're living the dream... :D

Funny - I'm sure I remember you saying way back how getting all girled up to go out got to be tedious... I don't say that to be contentious but just because it seems that you've found a better balance and a slightly different perspective on things, specifically going for that middle ground, 'mixed-mode' presentation which does seem to be getting more adopted by you and others seeking a different expression mode. I think it's interesting and would be worth you writing more about, that's all. :)

Still envious of your environment... and your accepting wife too... and your spa break... ;)

Katey x

Marcelle
08-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Hi Ellie,

It sounds like a fantastic holiday . . . keep enjoying yourself.

Cheers

Isha

JeanetteX
08-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Sounds great Ellie. Thats the holiday I am looking for as well. Enjoy the rest of it

colleen ps
08-16-2015, 05:14 AM
We too have just returned from our holiday in Hampshire UK. I spent almost the whole week in our rented cottage as Colleen and never have i felt more comfortable being me. my wife was agreeable to my doing this and the few shopping trips out were spent browsing for shoes, tops, topping up my make up bag, oh! new make up bag too (needed a bigger one). My wife chose most of the stuff for me which was nice and we bought a few things for her too. I never went out dressed (apart from mascara) but did wander round the farm en femme a few times which was very comfortable.

Just getting up in the morning and applying make up, fitting and brushing the wig and then dressing comfortably was the best feeling ever and it felt so natural. I think this was the best way to get comfortable within myself and to have my wife spend this time with me as Colleen was a godsend. I also made a point of letting her know how i felt about how she was being so accepting and i think it needed to be said. Sometimes we take too much for granted with our partners.

alwayshave
08-16-2015, 06:03 AM
Ellie, What a wonderful story. I am glad that you got to spend some quality time with your SO.

Melissa in SE Tn
08-16-2015, 07:03 AM
You have experienced total peace... You are indeed blessed. Update us some more with your adventures with your bride.

Allisa
08-16-2015, 09:35 AM
I just love happy adventures into our "girl" selves, maybe a spa treatment is what I need next in my femme things to do as a male. I like your attitude about your CDing I know from where you are talking. Be happy.

BLUE ORCHID
08-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi Ellie, That's what I would call Living the Dream .:hugs:

Sarah-RT
08-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Lovely story Ellie! hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and cherish the experiences you had!

Sarah x

AbigailJordan
08-16-2015, 10:57 AM
Nice to see more mixed moders out there having fun. Since I stopped caring what people thought I've found myself far more in mixed mode than anything else. And I think it's a combination of people who just don't give a damn.. and people who are so insecure about possibly offending that they dare not say anything. Either way it's nice to be able to be ourselves without having to fend off negativity at every turn.

Lots of Luv
Abi xxx

Ellie52
08-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks for all your comments. Nails still painted - see photo.
To put this experience in context, I enjoy dressing but have no desire to be, or consider myself a woman. I am a guy who likes nice clothes and find the constraints placed on male clothing to be draconian. I am trying in my small way to show people you can wear whatever clothing you wish as long as its apropriate for the occasion. I am so lucky to have a wife who agrees with this and allows me to push the boundaries.
I will try on skirts and dresses in a store even though I go in DRAB, and find the experience enjoyable as I am able to discuss with the SA why I like wearing skirts etc. I have never had a bad experience - as yet, but understand you have to be careful and pick the correct environment.

So tomorrow the nail varnish comes off but the experience will remain in memory for ever.

Doing my bit for male fashion.

Ellie

Jen_Amber
08-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Lovely nails