PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Linux Convention Sisters!

Natalee
08-18-2015, 11:09 PM
I am currently attending a NERD convention at a hotel in downtown Seattle. I have noticed there are two of our brave sisters in attendance! Not sure if they are members on this site..

But, I just wanted to say you are both extraordinary, and in TRUE honesty it took me a LONG to notice that you and I have so much in common. ;) And I have an eye of admiration for our fellow sisters

I want so much to come up and say hi, and introduce myself as a sister in arms; but I am not sure if this is a welcome gesture, for you?? I know there was a point which I would have been terrified of this scenario, and I do not want to interfere with your time here. Many times us fellow nerds fail miserably in such attempts.

Usually when traveling, I have no reservations letting my hair down. On the bright side, I have been asking for and sometimes getting my girl shirts from the booths. SADLY too many booths only offer Men's small sizes.. :/

But,, at any rate. You are both gorgeous, I love you both, and wish I could give you a hug, and be here WITH you.. But alas, I am traveling here with a long time (in-the dark) friend, and business partner, so I am unable (aka. chicken) to be one of the girls outside of my own room, this week. I feel pent-up..

Keep rockin it!!!

All my love, Natalee :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Hi Natalie, Just give them a lovely compliment on their appearance and see where it goes from there.:hugs:

kimdl93
08-19-2015, 07:52 AM
No harm in a friendly hello. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it....just treat each of like any other women in attendance. They will appreciate it.

Alice_2014_B
08-19-2015, 08:57 AM
​When is the Convention?

Natalee
08-19-2015, 09:48 AM
​When is the Convention?

Hi Alice. The convention is a week long event, including some weekend stuff. The main attraction is LinuxCon / CloudOpen / ContainerCon, which wrap-up today. But there are other minor events. You can find out a lot more on the Linux Foundation website, under the Events link.

Typically this conference starts taking registrations 3-5 months in advance, and things sell out pretty quick. A few years ago, prices used to be $500 for the 3 day Main-Track. But now prices are almost $1000 per attendee. I wish they would have the event in a less expensive city venue to broaden attendance. The more the merrier.

I think some of the minor events may have some free offerings. I'm not sure on these details, as I must return to work tomorrow. If you sign up on the Linux Foundation site, they will keep you posted for up-coming years events and also alert you during the early-bird (disounted) ticket sales. Act quick, this event sells out quick, and I almost missed out.

But check out the site, there may be great stuff you can still get into!!!