PDA

View Full Version : I am "just a Crossdresser"

BillieAnneJean
08-19-2015, 01:54 PM
I am just a Crossdresser. I do it purely for fun. I see a lot of anguish in those who have more "skin in the game" than I do. I am fortunate to be able to help if just by providing, through our Group "The Grand Illusions" a safer means of presenting themselves as female for those whom this is not "just fun". And at times compassion, understanding, a hug, just listening, I can help one on one.

I also see some debris from a life of undeserved shame, guilt, rejection, secrecy for those who have been dressing for most of their lives. I feel a guilty pleasure that I avoided all of that. I do this just for fun. So with a joyous heart I can, through our Group, provide a safer means of presenting themselves for those who paid a much higher price than I.

Yet even though I do this just for fun, I too have experienced some rejection, loss, and verbal abuse for merely expressing myself. Not anywhere near those who have lived nearly a lifetime of turmoil.

It is a pity that every man isn't required to experience what life is like for females and the TS community. Part of it for the "just fun" and part of it for the sobering realizations.

I feel so fortunate that I am "just a Crossdresser". And for a forum to communicate through.

Alice_2014_B
08-19-2015, 02:18 PM
Very well-spoken.
Thank you.

:)

Kiwi Primrose
08-19-2015, 02:31 PM
I, too, am just a crossdresser. I have no hang-ups, regrets or desire to be anything else. I dress when and where appropriate for my own satisfaction and with the tolerance and love of those near to me.
I wouldn't change anything.
Thank you Billie and thank you "forum".

Julie Denier
08-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I classify myself this way as well -- I'm a man who enjoys being one and is comfortable being male, yet with a strong desire to occasionally express my feminine side.

Kelsey21
08-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Chalk me up as one of the funnin' ones as well. Beers n wings on me, dress however you wish :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Hi Billie, I'm just a 72yr. old guy that really enjoys getting all dressed up and looking as natural and feminine as possible
I think that it turns out pretty well most of the time.:hugs:

I like to think that I have the best of both worlds, with Trains and crossdressing, I have the best of both worlds.:daydreaming:

Tonya Rose
08-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Very well said BillieAnneJean,
And Here I was starting to wonder if there were any of us just plain Crossdressers on this site for Crossdressers!!!

CynthiaD
08-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Hmmm ...

"Just a CD."

Isn't that a bit like saying "I'm just a millionaire?"

After all, we're the lucky ones! :) :) :)

Georgina
08-19-2015, 04:50 PM
That's me as well. Although I dress every evening after work, and on every weekend off, I do it because I love the clothes.

Samantha Clark
08-19-2015, 05:34 PM
Count me in here too: just a crossdresser. I'm so glad to know that I have some company here, because sometimes it feels like I'm a fish out of water compared to other folks here.

Kandi Robbins
08-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Well said and it mirrors my feeling exactly. I could never personally (we are all at different places here) do this 24/7. For me, it would lose the sheer joy I experience when that time of the week rolls around and I get to lose myself for a few hours in Kandi. I very much enjoy planning my activities, shopping for clothing and putting an outfit together. Plus I simply love the interaction with others when dressed. I didn't get to skip the guilt trips, but that has made this so much more enjoyable for me knowing how I got here.

Dana44
08-19-2015, 07:09 PM
Bille, Yep I agree, we are just crossdressers. No more and no less. I do it for comfort and fun. I do wonder also some of the anguish that some reflect in DADT situations and such. It is good to be able to reflect your fem side once in a while.

JenniferR771
08-19-2015, 08:38 PM
Compassion, understanding, and a big hug. You are a gem, Billie. Your Grand Illusions group is so much fun. You always look so nice. Your pictures show a nice appreciation for fashion--and big hats--and cute shoes. It is no wonder people enjoy meeting you for the first time.

MelanieAnne
08-19-2015, 09:26 PM
And Here I was starting to wonder if there were any of us just plain Crossdressers on this site for Crossdressers!!!

Ummm, me too. :doh:

Shayna
08-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Thank you for this thread. Reading through the forum, I sometimes start to think it must be inevitable to to want to eventually transition and it it just hasn't hit me yet. I was beginning to wonder where the "just plain" crossdressers were, but didn't want to start a thread for fear that I might insult people further along on the TG scale, whom I have the upmost respect for. I don't think I could have been as eloquent as you in expressing similar thoughts.

ShriekCassandra
08-19-2015, 09:37 PM
I honestly wish I was nothing more complicated than 'just a crossdresser'. Sure seems a lot more simpler and enjoyable than whatever the hell it is I actually am.

Samantha2015
08-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Another plain old cd here as well. I love the challenge of making the best girl I can out of this
goofy dude starting point.
:battingeyelashes:

Jamie Lynn
08-19-2015, 10:42 PM
I'm all in on the group hug here!:hugs::bighug::gh:

Camille15
08-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Ditto for me. Just a crossdresser. :) Love to dress up and look like a girl some days, but plain happy to be a guy most others.

Though I like CynthiaD's comment. Not *just* a crossdresser, but lucky to be one!

Camille

JenniferYager
08-19-2015, 11:35 PM
Lump me in the "just a crossdresser" category. I like dressing up and acting the part, but in the end I like my male side too.

Paula_Femme
08-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Yup, me too, "just" another Cross Dresser here; no hang-ups, no anguish, and with an understanding and accepting girlfriend I'm pretty happy! :battingeyelashes:

Tracii G
08-20-2015, 12:10 AM
It is sad so many TG's CD's have so many problems trying to deal with their personal situations.
For me I am what I call a CD + or a CD with extras. I have many TG aspects I deal with but its not a huge thing for me because I don't get hung up on what it all means.
CDing is fun plain and simple.

Jenniferathome
08-20-2015, 12:34 AM
For a site called CrossDressers.com it would seem enough members who post are driving this site in a direction that might require a new name. But I think the reality is that the vocal minority skew the vibe. I'm just one of the great unwashed who is a dude first and for some crazy, unknown reason, I like to present as a woman on occasion. Here's to the boring cross dressers!

Danica F
08-20-2015, 01:15 AM
Same here, just another crossdresser. I'm quite happy to be a man in my daily life and have a little fun occasionally.

BarbDriscoll
08-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Another "just a CD" here. It hasn't always been guilt-free. But I am very thankful that it has been mostly angst-free and I hope it continues that way.

docrobbysherry
08-20-2015, 01:22 AM
For me, crossdressing is rewarding, challenging, exciting, erotic, and just plain fun!:D

But, I also realize it can be a life shattering experience for many here.:sad:

Fi-Fi LeFemme
08-20-2015, 04:45 AM
Yes, just "another" crossdresser here too.
I enjoy very much, the act of transformational proccess of becoming my feminine self.
Have I had problems? Of course. Regrets? A few.
But mostly, I would say I am happy with how I am and what I do.
X

Claire Cook
08-20-2015, 05:34 AM
I'm with Cynthia here -- we are the lucky ones who can wear whatever clothes we want -- male or female. But I wouldn't say that I am "just" a crossdresser -- I AM a crossdresser and proud of it!

Lacey New
08-20-2015, 06:56 AM
Count me in as "just another plain ole' vanilla" crossdresser. I'm a guy 99% of the time and then, sometimes you just gotta get dressed up.

tifftg
08-20-2015, 08:00 AM
10 years ago I turned 50 and the Pink Fog hit me hard. I started to see a therapist and wrestled with what I wanted and how far I wanted to go. After a lot of discussion I realized (accepted) that I am Just A Crossdresser. Even then it seemed like being a transsexual was more acceptable and now it strikes me as more true today. I am content with where I am on the continuum but I wonder if I was turning 50 now and wrestling with the same issues if the wave would be sweeping me along.

Vale
08-20-2015, 08:47 AM
I am with you girls here. I fit in Tracii's CD+ category. In trying to explain myself to a marriage councilor back in the 80s I described myself as "gender-gifted". By analogy, I'm like a musician that enjoys playing rock music on my guitar, but also loves to play Debussy and Bach on the piano. I just have a broader gender repertoire than most.

Hugs,
Val

Joanne Curl
08-20-2015, 09:00 AM
Count me in. Although I love to be pretty, I'll always be a guy. I'd love to be able to be Joanne more often but I don't care to be her full time.

JeanetteX
08-20-2015, 09:15 AM
Very well written BillieAnneJean, and I'm 100% with you. I too love my male side and love to do male things such as sports, having a beer with the guys and flirting with the ladies!!! Its just that I happen to have a feminine side as well. I love to doll up and feel pretty but I can switch back just like that. I think I can say I have found a perfect balance between male and female and that suits me fine.

daviolin
08-20-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi Billie
You hit the nail on the head with your statement. I feel the same way. Women just have so many fun clothes to wear. I want to experience them to. Mens clothes are so utilitarian. But womens clothes are an adventure. Daviolin

Ninna
08-20-2015, 11:40 AM
I think you've defind very well, of course I felt tied to what you say, and I also consider myself as a simply a crossdresser girl, outside of that I'm someone totally normal, I like girls, I like music, sports, read, I like my job, I think for most people im a nice person, I have only the particularity that I like to dress as a girl, and feel feminine.

Jodi
08-20-2015, 11:44 AM
count me in the same way--just a lil old cd.

jodi

JessicaJHall
08-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Just a CD? Not me, I'm a fabulous and highly sought after representative of the community, and so are all of you,
and don't you forget it... :hugs:
Now if I just went out once in a while.. :eek:

Judith96a
08-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Jennifer, you're not boring - that's for sure!
As for any of us being 'just plain ole crossdressers'... I don't think that there's any such thing!
But yes, count me in too - another dude who likes to be a doll when he can!

Jaylyn
08-20-2015, 12:25 PM
I loved reading your post Billie Anne. It's about time someone said what you posted. I feel exactly the way you stated. I'm just a guy that enjoys the dressing sometimes. I was thinking that maybe I was not really going far enough or that I must have deeper emotions that I couldn't somehow get to come out of me. I've stated before I enjoy being my beautiful brides manly man when she needs one and I enjoy dressing to the top when I feel the urge hit me. I am relieved to see that maybe not every one in this forum is transforming into being a woman. I really felt like I was not belonging in any of these conversations.
Thanks for posting your thoughts I am on board with you. I don't feel the need to go out dressed, I don't feel the need to transition, I don't feel a need to be any thing more than a Crossdresser and just saying that it is soothing to my soul knowing I can be me in my boots n wranglers and can be me in my sexy LBD and sky high heels with my deep reddened lips, and long eye lashes and nails. Yes I am just a Crossdresser - Feels good saying it and not thinking something is wrong that I'm not taking it far enough.

franlee
08-20-2015, 02:10 PM
BillieAnneJean, I have been saying the same thing every since I started. And after the internet came along I realized that I was not alone. By the way, I feel that we Just CDer's are the most happy of any of the people here with a extra flair for life. We have managed to indulge and enjoy life to what ever extent we so desire without the confusion or pain of losing our true Identities or sexuality. It just go to prove you don't have to understand or have a rational reasons to be yourself.

Maxie
08-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Add me to the list of just a crossdresser and enjoying life.

Sharon B.
08-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Count me in also, there are a few things that I like about being a male but for the most part my favorite way to relax is by dressing as a woman whenever I can.

Jamie Christopher
08-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Well said BillieAnne and thank you for that.

Jamie

FemmeMonique
08-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Alas, another part-time crossdresser, content dressing by myself and hiding this discrete part of myself from my many living friends and family.

Princess Ludwyna
08-21-2015, 12:14 AM
Same. I'm just a crossdresser and I do it for the fun, for the roleplay and for feeling different.

Lee Andrews
08-21-2015, 05:35 AM
Just another crossdresser here as well. A few hang ups and guilt trips along the way but in general pretty happy with life.

AnnieMac
08-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Yeah, this is me. I'm here with y'all as well. It's just plain fun, and sexy at times also. I love the clothes,colors,textures and feel of women's clothes. And, I also love the whole look, make-up, shoes, hair, not that much different than what a more girly GG might enjoy. I feel kind of blessed to have this side of me.
My only regret or sadness about it is no one knows this about me, and I do it closeted. Although, I think parts of my femaleness have always come through in my personality a little. It's a shame males can 't do this easily and in the open without all of the incredible heavy baggage that comes along with doing so (read many of the complex stories on this site).
I too feel this site is misnamed, and not knowing the full history of this site, I don't know if it started off that way, almost seems as if we need our own subgroup now, or perhaps a separate forum titled here.

alwayshave
08-21-2015, 06:52 AM
I am not "just" a crossdresser, I am a crossdresser. I have not gotten to where I am emotionally about my crossdressing to feel put upon because I don't want to transition.

Sandra119
08-21-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm just a plain old crossdresser but I would love to meet another CD

Charona
08-21-2015, 07:39 AM
I don't think I have ever had a strong urge to "present" as a woman, although I have sometimes fantasized about it. Nor have I had had the urge to transition, except for a curiosity about how it would feel to have the body parts of the other gender. Most of my crossdressing has been driven by a curiosity to know how the clothing of the other sex feels. Unfortunately, I spent most of my working career as a technician, and learned to analyze things as they are and not as I wish they were. Bear in mind these are my opinions and they may irritate some of the more dedicated.

Panties are just underpants. After an hour or so they either seem to disappear, or they are uncomfortable in some way - just like men's underpants.

Foundation garments are usually restrictive, by design. They don't seem to disappear, but they never seem to get really comfortable, either. I have never tried any of the old-style foundation garments, so I can't say, but they look even less comfortable than the newer ones with better elastic materials.

I do use pantyhose, of the support type. I use them on long motorcycle trips for their support, and in winter as a base layer. I have never been able to "forget" I am wearing them. When I use them, I suppose I am "underdressing."

I don't like thick socks, so I use women's knee-highs as my regular socks. They are thin, and they stay up.

I tried a bra, again from curiosity. I tried home-made forms (Zip-Loc bags with water in them), as well as a suitable-sized foam rubber ball cut into two hemispheres. I also tried Walmart's "Lingerie Solutions" forms. I can now understand why women want to remove their bra at the end of the day.

I tried heels, and still fool with them at home. I tried them because I had been watching, and laughing at, girls at the prom trying to walk in their heels. It occurred to me that it wasn't really fair to laugh at them if I couldn't do any better myself. This time, I got my wife's assistance in buying and trying a set of heels. Frankly, I prefer bare feet to any type of shoe, and I don't think I'd like heels as a regular thing.

Depending on fit, a dress doesn't really feel a lot different from a bathrobe. Again depending on fit (both length and fullness) a skirt doesn't feel a lot different from a bath towel wrapped around the waist.

I know there is something in the mind about wearing women's clothing. I understand that - I think. I was simply trying to analyze the actual physical feel of the garments. Sorry, folks.

Standing by for flak and flames.

BillieAnneJean
08-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Charona,
All this will change once you get "dressed" and go OUT in public. Then you will NOT forget what you are wearing and a dress will DEFINITELY not feel like a robe. It is the presenting to the world, the air blowing on your legs, the temperature changes and difference from your feet through your legs to your head, and on and on, that make it SO different than doing the exact same thing but behind closed doors.

I too am a technician. For me this is a fun ongoing experiment. To me getting dressed and staying behind closed doors is like building a race car and never taking it for a spin. And to me getting dressed and hiding in a car or in deserted places is like taking that race car out for a test run but never really opening up the throttle.

Note I stated "To me......" That eliminates any connotation of judging anyone else. As long as they are happy and not harming themselves, good. If someone posts a rant about my statement I will merely remind them that it is my preferred method and not a judgement.

If you ever decide to try getting OUT enfemme, find a Group or an experienced gal to help you.

Going OUT is SUCH FUN!

Even staying IN or driving around or walking in a deserted park is SUCH FUN for those who prefer.

So let's celebrate the diverse group that we are!

NicoleScott
08-21-2015, 02:35 PM
So what's the difference between a crossdresser and just a crossdresser? I'm a crossdresser or I'm not. What does "just a" add (or take away) from what defines a crossdresser?

Andrea_cd
08-21-2015, 07:39 PM
After 3 months of therapy my therapist told me last night im just a crossdresser who like the feminine things but still loves being a dude , so if you will excuse me a have a new dress to try on :)

Shayna
08-21-2015, 09:14 PM
So what's the difference between a crossdresser and just a crossdresser? I'm a crossdresser or I'm not. What does "just a" add (or take away) from what defines a crossdresser?

I think most of us using "just a" means we have no plans or desire to transition. Often on this forum we see people posting they've come to the realization they are TG, and at times it feels tike that's the natural evolution of things. I can't say with 100% certainty how I will feel years from now, but as of right now, I'm a cross dresser and can't see ever moving beyond that.

MissTee
08-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Some days I dress this way, and some days I dress that way. Not looking for anything else. Include me in the "just" crowd.

Tammy Lynn Tx
08-21-2015, 10:06 PM
Eons ago as a 20-25 years of age crossdresser I would go out. I never had the nerve to hit a club but went out for walks. and interacted with people I met. As I got older I started staying in as I had more trouble passing. I love staying home and doing my house work and taking life one day at a time.
So, I am a plain old vanilla crossdresser I guess.

TrishaTX
08-21-2015, 10:58 PM
I dress because I love it and sexually it is wonderful.....that is me...

SexyMarianne
08-22-2015, 03:09 AM
BillieAnneJean I agree with you whole heartedly. I personally suffer from PTSD from being robbed several times and I find cross dressing helps calm me down and more enjoyable to be around.

Marcelle
08-22-2015, 07:12 AM
Hi Billie,

I love your posts as you always seem to be having so much fun. There is nothing wrong with being who you are (CD, TG, TS whatever floats your boat) so long as we can all agree wherever we land we are happy and not "poo, poo looky loo" the others then this will continue to be a great site.

I may have started as a CDer and moved on a bit further down the line . . . but we are all in this together and should revel in the fact that we all find peace on some level be it as a "dude who likes to dress up for fun" or a "woman coming to terms with herself".

Cheers

Isha

Sometimes Steffi
08-22-2015, 09:08 AM
I am also "Just a crossdresser". I seem to recall some threads like this before with just a crossdressers coming out of the woodwork. My guess is that there are as many crossdressers on this forum as more than just a crossdressers, but we may have less posts.

But I have to say, for a bunch of guys who just do the for fun occasionally, we sure make an awesomely pretty group of girls, don't you think?

RobynT
08-22-2015, 09:32 AM
What a great thread... Count me in as well. While I can respect and empathize with those sisters who are on a longer and much harder journey that me, my path is mine and I'm OK with it. I like who I am, dressed or not, and have someone in my life that's OK with all of it. Its taken many years to get here, but I'm glad to be at a point where like Julie said, I'm not "Just a CD" I'm so much more.....

marsha leanne
08-22-2015, 10:49 AM
billie anne, thanks for the thread.
i join the ranks of 'just a crossdresser". You stated just pretty much how i feel about this whole part of my life.
Did i go out? yes. Did i look a lot better 40 years ago? hell yes! Am i content with what i have and how i dress and where i dress? absolutely. Do i have major respect for those who go out, mix with the population, enter into rle, or fully transition? So much so that a few simple words don't even come close!
Is this site one of the best things in my life journey, allowing me to quiet the "i'm the only one" voice in my head, seeking advice from those girls here that are SO far ahead of me, Learning to deal with the emotions of this journey, of how to treat life and others on this lonely road? Beyond the wildest reaches of the mind!
Have I found friends here that will help, teach, listen, and revel small triumphs with me. More than i had ever imagined existed!

Angie G
08-22-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm also just a crossdresser and that's all I need to make me happy.:hugs:
Angie

CarlaWestin
08-23-2015, 10:49 AM
I think crossdressing is just the price of admission here. (Or being an SO associated with a cd'er) Personally, my body image and feelings normalize when I have breasts and makeup and shaved legs, etc..... I'm pretty sure that I'm >cd.

CONSUELO
08-23-2015, 11:17 AM
Hmm? I am not sure about this thread. I always thought that this site was a "broad church" that was accepting of a wide variety of trans gender people, whether they are on a path to SRS or someone who just likes to dress in lingerie beneath their day clothes. But in reading the replies to Billie's post, do I detect some disagreement with this? Humankind has a bias toward splitting hairs and excluding those who for some reason are not quite like themselves. I hope we are not headed in the same direction.
I'm happy for Billie but I am also happy for the many on this site who want to define themselves in other ways.

~Joanne~
08-23-2015, 11:21 AM
I guess there are a lot more of us here than what I have been thinking were here lately. I am just a CD myself, it's about the clothes mostly and is what is at the fore front and I think that is what defines a CD from the rest of the pack. We're not interested in much more than looking pretty on a part time basis or when the "urge" hits us.

This is why I never considered myself, nor do I, as part of the LGBT community. This is part time, there isn't much past the dressing for Me. I don't emotionally feel like I am a woman trapped in a man's body because the man is still the prominent side of me and who I am 90% of the time. The feminine side is only there when I am presenting as such and that is only because being dressed and still acting like a dude would look and feel awkward.

I am wondering though at this point as to how many of the admins here at crossdressers.com are actually that, just a cross dresser?

ashley_addams76
08-23-2015, 12:43 PM
Closeted crossdresser here. I really enjoy a brief moment of expressing my female side, but the rest of the time want to be and enjoy being male.

Maria 60
08-23-2015, 06:35 PM
That's funny because those are the same words my wife said to me when I told her. She said not to look to much into it and don't try to figure it out, instead to enjoy the time I have with it. I believe that was when I finally found piece with it and stopped feeling guilty and really started to enjoy it.

evadan
08-23-2015, 07:46 PM
Many of you ladies chimed in on my "Am I transgender?" thread. This thread is the perfect accompaniment because the point of my thread was "I'm just a crossdresser" and it that's the way I like it!

Eva D.

Katey888
08-24-2015, 05:29 AM
I am wondering though at this point as to how many of the admins here at crossdressers.com are actually that, just a cross dresser?

Possibly our other mods will chip in as well, but there is me... :battingeyelashes: and I think quite a few others, 3-4 minimum. Our two administrators are both GGs, and we have another two GG mods, and then 3 transitioned/ing TS... So quite an even spread really. I believe I would be the minimum presenting CDer amongst the team, so on BAJ's definition, I'd probably be "barely-just-a-crossdresser" :lol: But still in the club...

I take away from Billie's original point the opportunity to show compassion and understanding to those who have to travel further than we do - although many of us have our crosses to bear of guilt and shame regardless of how well we might appear to manage our shared condition. While it is possible to have fun with it, I doubt a week goes by without wishing the need wasn't there that drives me to do it - can't help that - most of the time I can feel that it's a quirk that makes me more interesting than most, except not very many people know about this 'interesting' aspect of me... :doh:

We are a 'broad church' Consuelo - I think most people here accept this but there are always a few who will be vociferously denying the collective nature of our community for all sorts of personal reasons... That's just people... :bonk:

It's a good cause you support Billie - it's good to hear of any group that supports the community in a positive way. :cheer:

Katey x

BillieAnneJean
08-24-2015, 09:51 AM

I take away from Billie's original point the opportunity to show compassion and understanding to those who have to travel further than we do

Katey x

Katey,
You got my OP meaning exactly, I am expressing compassion for those whose paths are more difficult, gratitude that mine isn't, and stating that our Group is there for anyone wanting some friendship or just a listener.

It's a good cause you support Billie - it's good to hear of any group that supports the community in a positive way.

Katey x

Thanks Katey. We are trying to be a positive influence on the city on behalf of the TS community.

AND I am having SO MUCH FUN with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is SO unlike the other me.

Stephanie47
08-24-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm another "Just a Crossdresser" checking in for the day. I will admit in my younger years the desire to wear women's clothing really tore me apart. That's the kid of the 1960's thinking. Now, as an elderly gentleman of the 2010's I am comfortable sliding back and forth between manhood and womanhood. I am very content being a man, but, if I were not a man there is nothing wrong with being a woman............with the exception of the crap many men throw at women.

drushin703
08-24-2015, 08:58 PM
say i'm 13 again and mother didn't go to work that day and leave me alone to experiment with her pantyhose. Say I didn't totally enjoy that feeling so much that it stayed with me for the next 33 years. just say nothing like that ever happened and I didn't
have to carry the title of crossdresser around with me every second of my life. Would life be somehow more fulfilling? Would I enjoy who I have become? The friends I've met? Would I have married that stupid bitch I met in high school (the one who got fat as a whale and bosses her
husband around)? Fate led me to this lifestyle and fate will take me through it. Yeah, i'm just a crossdresser. A very, very happy one....

Beverley Sims
08-25-2015, 01:48 PM
I am just a cross dresser.

Fun isn't it? :)

Jennie2
08-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Yes I'm just a cross-dresser, love to get dressed up, love shopping for skirts, tops, shoes lingerie, then rushing home to try them on, yep just a cross-dresser and I love it and me when I'm dressed.

Jennie

Madeleine Quinn
09-02-2015, 04:26 PM
I know I'm late to this party, but I'm also checking in as "just" a crossdresser. Like many others have noted in this thread, I often find that this forum makes those of us who fit into that category feel like a minority. I'm even more in the minority because I think there's a pretty clear distinction to be made between crossdresser and transgender, and while that topic is a well-beaten dead horse around here, my view is rather the opposite of what the majority view around here seems to be. I often wish that those of us who are "just" crossdressers and totally OK with that had our own spaces, because I see us as having a rather unique set of interests and needs (regarding relationships, etc.).

vicky77
09-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Hi,

After searching for defining myself I've found in this forum that many of you feel just the same like me, so I feel relieved and excited. I'm just starting to be proud of being a crossdresser and that makes me happy!

bimini1
09-02-2015, 05:09 PM
For some reason I "just" can't define it. I do think for some reason I should have been born female. I think having been socialized as male has moved me into that space. I believe the expression of a truly TG personality is subject to the limits placed upon it by well, just having to live in society as male. If there were no constrictions who knows who I'd be or how far I'd go?

I also feel for me it changes over time. It's fluid. Some days I look in the mirror and see 100% male. But I feel feminine if there is such a thing. Then when dressed, I can look in the mirror and see a female looking back but still have some masculine feelings. It's like I'm too male to be truly female but too female to be male.
It's more than "just" the clothes though.
Oh well, it is still fun. The saga continues.....

Phoebe Reece
09-02-2015, 07:37 PM
I am one that doesn't want to be a man all the time. But I also don't want to be a woman all the time either. I enjoy going back and forth between the two, trying to have the best of both. I'm just a crossdresser.

Clodagh
09-03-2015, 03:46 AM
Well I can say that I am "just" a crossdresser. And I have no problem with the "just" because crossdressing is only a small part of my life and personality. I enjoy trying to look like a pretty girl. That's about it really.

Meg East
09-03-2015, 10:07 AM
Yup, I'm just a happy dude with more skirts than jeans.

Madeleine Quinn
09-03-2015, 04:39 PM
I am just a CD myself, it's about the clothes mostly and is what is at the fore front and I think that is what defines a CD from the rest of the pack. We're not interested in much more than looking pretty on a part time basis or when the "urge" hits us. This is why I never considered myself, nor do I, as part of the LGBT community. This is part time, there isn't much past the dressing for Me. I don't emotionally feel like I am a woman trapped in a man's body because the man is still the prominent side of me and who I am 90% of the time.

Joanne, I resonate with this description as well, including the part about not considering myself a part of the LGBT community (including, not considering myself on a transgender "spectrum" or under that term's "umbrella"). While I'm generally supportive of LGBT rights and opposed to all forms of undue discrimination, I don't at all consider myself as a part-time crossdresser to be a real stakeholder in many transgender issues. When others here say that we're all in common cause together, I have to confess that I often wonder exactly what that means.

Katie01
09-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Your post resonated a lot. I used to be a serial purger but in the last three years I've been dressing for the sheer fun of it. It's every bit as exciting and fun, just guilt free. What used to be a love/hate roller coaster is now just acceptance. Thanks for your post!

Krisi
09-04-2015, 04:16 PM
I suspect that by "I am just a crossdresser", BillieAnneJean is not trying to make crossdressers less than anyone else, she is saying that she is a crossdresser, not a transsexual or anything more. This description fits me as well.

Even though this forum is "crossdressers.com", from time to time I feel that we are looked down upon by some of the members who identify as transsexuals. One disparaging comment was made referring to us as "closet cases". Some rather rude comments were posted in response to a recent post by a crossdresser in the male to female crossdressing section about seeing another crossdresser in public.

I'm sure being a transsexual or transitioning is extremely difficult and I respect anyone with the guts to do it. But, that doesn't make someone better than anyone else or give them the right to disparage those who are "only a crossdresser" on a crossdressing website.

Those of us who are "just crossdressers" need a place to share with each other without fear of being attacked or belittled.

Jane G
09-04-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm loving reading through this thread. I've pretty much convinced my self after 50 years,taking a few hormones along the way and never realy coming out to the real world, that I'm just a simple old cross dresser but who am I kidding here? I'm married with grown up kids I love my wife as much as the day we first kissed, but in my heart of hearts I know I,'m TS. She knows I'm TS but we love each other and make compromises for one another every day and after 35 years that's not about to change.

~Joanne~
09-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Joanne, I resonate with this description as well, including the part about not considering myself a part of the LGBT community (including, not considering myself on a transgender "spectrum" or under that term's "umbrella"). While I'm generally supportive of LGBT rights and opposed to all forms of undue discrimination, I don't at all consider myself as a part-time crossdresser to be a real stakeholder in many transgender issues. When others here say that we're all in common cause together, I have to confess that I often wonder exactly what that means.

I never considered myself a part of the LGBT community because unlike those that identify as such, they don't turn it on and off like I do with my dressing. One minute I am male and the next I am a male wearing women's clothing, impersonating a woman, which I believe is the true term of the word "cross dresser". I also do support the community and will not tolerate undue discrimination due to one life's choices but I have never felt I am a clear cut part of it.

My real beef is with the term crossdresser lately, I never realized how many females actually do a majority of their own clothes shopping in the men's section, including my SO. I asked her the other day if she felt like a CD and she said no which leaves me baffled because she is doing exactly what I am doing but not presenting male or impersonating male. This whole thing is a real mixed bag sometimes. I think it's best not to think about it lol

Even though this forum is "crossdressers.com", from time to time I feel that we are looked down upon by some of the members who identify as transsexuals. One disparaging comment was made referring to us as "closet cases". Some rather rude comments were posted in response to a recent post by a crossdresser in the male to female crossdressing section about seeing another crossdresser in public.

I agree with you Krisi. I have felt that way many times, like we are third class citizens, that's why I was happy to see this thread because other than Tonya, I felt like we were the only two CD's on this site, which I knew wasn't true but it sure felt like it.

debstar
09-05-2015, 01:05 PM
For me womans cloathing is just so dang comfortable. What is it with mens cloathing?? Boring colours, stiff rough fabrics, floppy or else feeling like I'm wearing a plank of wood tied to my back. Basically women know what's up and I'm just benifiting from that knowledge.

I am a man and I like being a man and do not wish to change gender. Unless the red blue pill thing was a sure fire thing :)

Melanie 0339
09-05-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't know if to chuck myself into this "I'm just a crossdresser" thread or not I spend most of my time as male and enjoy it, but when I dress as Melanie I'm not a man in a dress I'm all woman. I'm kinda tired of society's need to compartmentalise and label people gay/straight/bi TV/CD/TG/TS and I'm sure there's more I've missed, people are people regardless of sexual orientation or clothing preference. I'm Melanie I'm a man who likes to dress and be a woman call me what you like I don't care anymore. Sorry if this post has come across as confrontational xxx

BillieAnneJean
09-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Thanks to all the posters. I am thrilled for the number of posts and enjoyed reading the responses.

My intent wasn't to say that the forum is favorable to the transitioning, although some replies indicate that to some it seems so. Definitely not my intent or even in my OP.

My intent wasn't to say that the forum should have a place for CDers only, although there are places exclusively for other groups like genetic males (GM), male to female (MTF), female at birth (FAB). I read that some wish we had a place that CDers could discuss things and just keep it between the CDers. Sometimes it is tough to post something and have someone, not a CDer, seemingly jump down your throat because they find some offence in it. Definitely not my intent or even in my OP. But you have to admit that this forum is pretty well run. There must be a LOT of work monitoring it and keeping it running. I don't know how someone would monitor a CDer only section. What happens if one of the CDer only section members starts taking hormones? Are they ejected if they live 24/7 without hormones or surgery? Even setting up a forum as this one already is becomes a mind boggling project. You have to admit it is almost perfect as is.

My intent was just to say that I am grateful to be a crossdresser and grateful to be happy as I am: "just a crossdresser".

slamddoger
09-09-2015, 08:54 AM
thank you you maide my day thank you agen

Sarah Doepner
09-09-2015, 09:39 AM
I've spent years truly believing I am just a crossdresser. Recently a particularly virulent case of "pink fog" has descended upon me and I'm struggling for the time being. I expect to resolve it one way or an other eventually and would be perfectly happy and proud to fall in with those proud and beautiful folks who consider themselves to be "just" crossdressers. It's an amazing and satisfying (occasionally challenging) chunk of our character and is worthy of the kind of celebration we see here.

Angie G
09-09-2015, 09:47 AM
That's me just a crossdresser doing it for fun. But there is some kind of need thee also. So I have fun and fill the need every day.:hugs:
Angie

Veronica27
09-09-2015, 04:27 PM
I just dropped in on this forum the other day after some lengthy periods of ignoring it over the past few years. I was delighted to read the tone of the responses to the "just a crossdresser" topic as it differs markedly from what I remember from my days as a more active contributor. From the time that boyish curiosity in my early teens led me to try on some of the undergarments I found around the house until I was about 50, my crossdressing activities were very limited, consisting mostly of occasionally wearing a bra and pantyhose around the house while daydreaming about what seemed to be an impossibility; being fully dressed in female clothing and accessories and going places and doing things "masquerading" as a woman. I never had any desire to be a woman, or any feelings of being anything but a man, but just wanted to be a guy experiencing some of the strange and wonderful sensations of looking like and doing some of the things that are second nature to women. These desires persisted, but I did my utmost to suppress them and sometimes went years on end without any actual crossdressing activity.

My late first wife was aware of some of my desires and accepted them, but I don't think she fully knew of my daydreams and desires. I discussed this subject with my second wife after we had been married for a few years. To my surprise a few weeks later, she purchased some items for me and said I should wear them around the house when the kids were not home and if I was in the mood. Included was a dress, and when I tried on these gifts, it was the fullest my crossdressing forays had ever gone. I mark that as being the real beginning of my crossdressing, and my wardrobe quickly expanded. I am now 76, and have been crossdressing for over a quarter century. I have been mostly closeted, but for a few years, we did reach the point of attending some cd events and the thrill of being out somewhere and interacting with others, both cd's and the general public is immense.

But that is where some disillusionment began to creep in. I have been a regular contributor to forums for about 15 years. On here and elsewhere, I have been loudly criticized for saying I am not transgender but "just a crossdresser". It is largely just a misunderstanding by me and everyone about terminology and its meaning, but to me it represented that I was being considered to be something that I wasn't. When I attended the events, they were becoming more and more oriented towards the TG side of the spectrum and by attending you were being taken to be TG rather than someone who just liked to dress up as a sort of hobby. The topics were things like facial feminization surgery, hormones, laser hair removal etc. My wife who attended with me was becoming more and more uncomfortable. I am fully supportive of those who are truly TG and of those for whom transition is the best answer to their needs. However, their concerns and needs are quite different from mine.

This growing recognition of and labelling of our community under a "TG umbrella" has perhaps driven many CD'ers back into the closet. The media frenzy around the Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner case is a prime example of what is happening. People who do not fully understand are using the term TG as being almost equivalent to the now less popular TS. Also, by attaching the community to the LGB label as LGBT, the media is creating an image of T being more about sexuality than gender. Many so called experts began to describe the TG community as being a spectrum from those who transition to those who have a form of GID to those who crossdress, usually for some sexual reason. This latter group was usually referred to as transvestic fetishists. As a result, I quit attending any events for a while, stayed away from the forums and felt no desire to crossdress for about 6 months. I did a considerable amount of reading, and began to notice a trend in recent months toward the recognition of the many motivations for crossdressing, other than sex. I began crossdressing around the house more and more frequently and hopefully will find some purpose for getting out and experiencing once more how healthy and fulfilling this unique activity can be. In the meantime, this thread has been a breath of fresh air, indicating that better times may be on the horizon for crossdressers. I hope so, because at 76, time is sure passing quickly.

Veronica

pamela7
09-09-2015, 05:48 PM
if the "just a crossdresser" equals "not transitioning, not a female in a male body", that still covers quite a spectrum.

I'm increasingly finding these are my clothes, i'm wearing what society calls ladies clothing 24/7 but heck now they're man's clothing cos that's what I am. I prefer how my male body looks in these clothes, occasionally i make up and wig-up too, but hey, life's too short, have fun.

Chloe1955
09-10-2015, 01:43 PM
I started out origionally dressing for sexual pleasure and slowly (recently) I started feeling ...well... Kind of girlie and started dreaming of actually transitioning... Is that a normal progression?

Seana Summer
09-10-2015, 03:24 PM
because other than Tonya, I felt like we were the only two CD's on this site, which I knew wasn't true but it sure felt like it.

No Joanne, your not the only 2 on the site, but I have been away for a while and not very active lately ;) I know there are many others too which is demonstrated in this thread.

It dose seem like others are more active, or more vocal, and I really don't know what to suggest to get the "just CDers" more active.

laurenp245
09-10-2015, 03:53 PM
I don't know if to chuck myself into this "I'm just a crossdresser" thread or not I spend most of my time as male and enjoy it, but when I dress as Melanie I'm not a man in a dress I'm all woman.

I have to agree with Melanie on this one whole-heartedly! While technically a lot of us are "just crossdressers" (meaning we have no inclination to travel down the road of full transition like our TG Sisters), when I am dressed up as Lauren I no longer think of myself as a man, or a man in a dress, I think of myself as a woman. I go to great lengths to present myself as all woman and in doing so it morphs my thoughts, expressions, and even movements into more of a female mindset which I absolutely love. It's funny how much impact all the clothing and makeup can have on the psyche, but I see all of it merely as a visual representation of a deep seated part of who we are already. Being able to fully dress as a woman is simply a means of bringing her to the surface and show the world that she exists. As to whether or not having this duality inside my mind makes me "more than a crossdresser", perhaps!? I have no idea about that currently but whatever it is I love the fact that I feel like I can experience life in both genders and wouldn't change it for the world.

<3 Lauren

sara.rafaela
09-10-2015, 04:24 PM
I am just a crossdresser too. I enjoy the fashions and the techniques of the makeup. I enjoy going out dressed. But, I enjoy being a man and do not think of going further.

BillieAnneJean
09-10-2015, 10:41 PM
This thread seems to have taken on a life of it's own. But it is just as well.

I hope this keeps going as it seems to be a good vent for some.

Also for the SOs of newbees or newly discovered CDers or newly revealed CDers, maybe it will provide some balance. When I started my SO went on line and discovered what seemed to he a predominance of "CDers" getting sex changes, dressing 24/7, wanting to have sex with men, wanting "girl"on girl sex. She was convinced that her life was over and I was a completely different person. Even though I was, am and always will be "just a CDer".

But the original intent of the thread was to give thanks and offer my help to anyone not as fortunate as I see myself. That is those who are NOT just a CDer.

But the way this thread has morphed is good, I think.

So are there any other "just Cers" out there or have we found all 75 (ish) of us?

marie123
09-17-2015, 09:52 PM
I really appreciate this post. I think its definitely a deep fear for s.o. of cders. My relationship is young and thankfully i knew from the beginning.

char GG
09-18-2015, 06:45 AM
I really appreciate this thread.

Sometimes SO's come to this site for information and may be disturbed when they see many threads about CDer's having to "take the next step" or "dreaming about transitioning". It is refreshing that some CDers claim they are happy with the status quo.

(By the way, I love your outfits - BillieAnnJean!)

charlene#2
09-18-2015, 06:48 AM
I classify my self as just a crossdresser,i mostly wear panties all the time every now and then while sitting at home I feel an urge for a little make up,maybe a slip and dress and heels for a little while,but that's a bout it for me. Charlene#2

BillieAnneJean
09-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Marie,
Yes I am just a crossdresser. Actually for me it has become more like street theater. But I do love the process of accumulating a wardrobe, assembling outfits, getting myself ready, and experiencing the sensations of the temperature differences from my legs to my head. And the air on my legs. Otherwise as a guy I am isolated except for my neck and head and hands, all in cotton or denim.

I am a guy. I LIKE being a guy. I NEVER EVER want to transition. I have been married a LONG time, 44 years. My SO is EVERYTHING to me. She says she wants me to quit CDing and it is done because she means that much to me. I don't want to have sex with a guy, don't want a "date", don't even like to look at guys. I can't een look at CDers except in the eyes. Now my beloved SO, every bit of her is artwork. Even her voice is music.

I am just a crossdresser, about once a week. The rest of the time I am tearing something apart, fixing something, making something, carrying her packages, dancing her, welding, cussing, scratching, spitting (I don't chew tobacco), and getting dirty. I like being a guy because of the guy things and guy mindset and because I get to be the SO of my SO. And CDing has made me even happier to be a guy, because now I choose to be a guy. It isn't the default, it is my choice. And I have a bit of an idea what the other side s like.

I am just a crossdresser.

Check out my blog. It is written to help SOs. http://billieannejeansblog.apps-1and1.com/

Please put a post on this thread so I now you received this message as you are not receiving Private Messages yet.
Hugs,
Billie

Jaime Noel
09-18-2015, 08:21 AM
You have to be happy with yourself. Once you love yourself, then and only then can you truly love others. Embrace what makes you feel alive.

xo <3

Vicky Peters
09-18-2015, 09:18 AM
I am just a man that has the desire to dress in women's clothing and enjoy that time. So yes, I am a crossdresser.

marie123
09-18-2015, 09:29 AM
I love it billieannejean...this is exactly what my honey says..definitely going to check out your blog!

trishacd
09-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Im just a crossdresser also,but having this gift has given me the opportunity to know were all wired differently.

I agree after the bruce jenner interview which i missed my wife felt sure i wanted to transition. I told her a thousand times that was not the case. I like being a crossdresser and wouldnt want to change that.

Ally 2112
09-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Over the years i have wondered about the tg aspect and have went through the purge and hating myself phase .Now im just happy to be a Crossdresser really girly for awhile then back to a guy :)

Cynthia T
09-19-2015, 08:12 AM
I am not "just" a crossdresser - it is an important part of my life. But I am not going to transition or do any more than dress as convincingly as I can and go out occasionally.
The second part of the question: Do we just-Xdressers see ourselves as lesser creatures than women than transgender folks? F'instance, if I was at a LBGT conference and there were a number of transgender attendees, I might feel I was not as authentic (not quite the right word there)
Opinions?

Rachel05
09-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Yes, this is me too, I love dressing, it is something that makes me happy, makes me feel good, but I have no desire to move on from here to live life as a woman full time and for many years struggled with the fact that I was a crossdresser and the shame and guilt that went with it, so goodness only knows how tough it must be for some of the other ladies here that suffer with the further struggles

At least being a crossdresser has given me the ability to understand others who don't conform to "society normal", it makes me a more understanding person and the struggle I went through to find my inner peace with who I am and what I do was a long tough road at times, long, tough and lonely

I was crossdressing way before the internet gave us access to like minded people on forums like this, thank goodness for forums like this where you can get support and share with like minded people, I would have loved this when I was in my teens, I am sure you all know the times when you think you are the only one

So yes I am just a crossdresser and if just one person sees that there is a time in their future when maybe they can be comfortable with themselves, then my time here will have been well spent in my mind

I am "just" a crossdresser, but there have been times when I couldn't say the word, especially not about me and the "just" part was massive and difficult to live with, I can only imagine the turmoil that those that need to live their life as a different gender must go through to get to where they are happy

Happy that we all have a safe place to come and share and be us

Stephj
09-26-2015, 12:16 PM
I am also just a crossdresser well a underdressed has I have been since age 9 now 52 love riding my Harley slim during my time off work fishing and reading I just consider myself a guy who likes wearing a bra and panties sometime

Genny B
09-26-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm not just a crossdresser. I am nothing more than a crossdresser. If I was only a crossdresser than I would not fear waling around my town in just my prettys...

Genny B

GeorgeA
09-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Am I "just crossdresser" or am I "crossdresser"? For many years I have struggled with the definition of me. First used to be "transvestite" now it's "crosdresser". Both terms imply crossing over something. In my early years I could accept it as I didn't know any better.
But as I matured I realised that I'm not really crossing over anything. When I put on a skirt, slip & nylons I may seem to resemble a woman of yesteryear (few women these days wear a slip or nylons) but I do not feel like a woman, do not attempt to look like a woman. I am a man in a skirt, slip & nylons. I am a man and these are man's clothes (mine). I do not feel like I'm crossing into another territory.
For many years I tried to coin a term for somebody like me, but failed to find one. So, "a crossdresser" I remain, whether "just", or not, is irrelevant.
As to whether I belong in this forum, or being threatened, etc. as mentioned by others, I feel very happy here and relate to problems of others, whether "just crossdressers" or transitioners or anybody else. Everybody has a right to put his view for discussion. I do not want to block any segment from participation in the forum. We can relate better and understand one another better here, then people on the outside would.
Thanks to all participants. It's one of better topics in awhile.

By the way, if anyone has a suggestion for a term for a person like me (as described above) either post here or send me a private message.

Taylor186
09-27-2015, 10:54 PM
I too am a crossdresser and have no desire to take it further. I dress for my own satisfaction with the tolerance and support of my wife. While I often underdress (briefs only), I happily present as male 98% of the time.

Dinsdale
09-27-2015, 11:53 PM
I love being a cross dresser.
I was open and upfront with my partner , and she accepts me ( as she says it is part of me, and loves the whole of me)
I don't care about anyone else's negative attitude , it's part of who I am and I am not ashamed of it, as I said , I love it!!!