PDA

View Full Version : Best of both worlds?

Claire Cook
08-20-2015, 05:58 AM
We've had lots of references that those of us who are not full-time have the best of both worlds. I'd like to post a story about that, and invite others to chime in with theirs. It has to do with folks who know us as guys and as gals.

As I've posted in the past, I am out to numerous people, including the wonderful ladies at Juanita's salon where I have my guy hair cut and my nails and brows done (see His and Hers Haircuts (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?211299-His-and-hers-haircuts&highlight=)). So Claire went to get "beautified", such as she can and had her usual great girl talk with Norma, the manicurist. Since I had to start a new temporary job in the DC area, I made an appointment for my guy cut the next day. So I'm back the next day and as I was waiting, Juanita asked me if I could help her put her clock back on the wall, as the mounting screws were too high for her to reach. Of course. After a bit of fidgeting with it (the screws didn't quite match the mounting frames on the clock) I got it done. She thanked me and said "Yes, there are times when it is nice to have a man here." So she thanks me again while cutting my hair, and Norma is chatting with us. I said "But you didn't ask me to fix it yesterday." At which point they both burst out laughing, and some of other ladies in the shop started laughing too, even if they weren't in on the joke. (Actually, it was a tight corner where the clock was mounted and I think my boobs would have been in the way .... :heehee:)

So a great part of the fun is being both! Anybody have similar stories to share?

Hugs,

Claire

kimdl93
08-20-2015, 06:36 AM
If it works for, then it's all good. Cute story!

Kate Simmons
08-20-2015, 06:39 AM
Yes Claire, we run into unique situations in both modes. I personally love it. :battingeyelashes::)

BLUE ORCHID
08-20-2015, 06:43 AM
Hi Claire, That really is having the best of both worlds.:hugs:

deebra
08-20-2015, 06:46 AM
Claire what would make it really great is when you transitioned to female you looked, talked and displayed body language so well that you passed 100%. The only thing that would make this even better is somehow to have a nice set of boobs and show cleavage, that would really cement you being a woman. Then how would you go back to being male with a nice set of boobs?????? And non CD's think they have problems.

susan54
08-20-2015, 02:26 PM
Mots of the places I shop know I am a man and have known me for years - I have never hidden it even though I dress to the nines (plus make up and wig when out). Some of the women flirt and there are jokes about gender roles at each other's expense. It is part of being relaxed when I am out. At least some of us cross-dressers are not imagining ourselves as women when dressed. For my own part I am cherry-picking what I regard as the best bits of womanhood.

Teresa
08-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Claire,
I've got to try that one out !

Thanks for a great story and the tip !

DanaR
08-21-2015, 12:02 AM
I've run into situations where those that know me both ways treat me differently in each persona.

Claire Cook
08-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Claire what would make it really great is when you transitioned to female you looked, talked and displayed body language so well that you passed 100%. The only thing that would make this even better is somehow to have a nice set of boobs and show cleavage, that would really cement you being a woman. Then how would you go back to being male with a nice set of boobs?????? And non CD's think they have problems.

Deebra,

Actually that is the exact opposite of what I meant and the purpose of my post. Like most of the members here, I am not transitioning and have no intention to. [This is a worry that my wife had early on, and she now knows that she has a male partner for life!]

Perhaps I am fortunate in not having a heavy beard, in having a light frame and a voice that verges on tenor / contralto. Most of the time when I am out and about, I am treated as a woman, or (as I have written before) as someone who presents a reasonable presentation as a woman. If I "pass" at all (and I seem to), I pass as someone who is comfortable presenting as female. Believe me, at 70+, having cleavage is not something I aspire to -- a full coverage bra does quite nicely, thank you. And I might add that "femaleness" is more than just a set of boobs ... but it's taken me a while to appreciate that.

The real point is that that many of us can enjoy presenting as female, AND as male. And when we have friends or wives / SO's who appreciate both, that is really special. I must say though that I have GG friends who prefer Claire's company to that of her male counterpart -- and of course I am more than happy to oblige!

Hugs,

Claire

Nikki A.
08-23-2015, 10:48 PM
I have one friend who I have been out with a few times shopping for her store. She has told me that she sometimes forgets that I'm a guy and treats me like another woman during our shopping trips. Funny thing is before I went with her, she always complained when she went with other women, I'm her favorite shopping companion.
I have another friend (GG) that I met on this forum, she was the first person that went out with me to the muggle world. She was surprised how comfortable I was in presenting as a female right out the box. Of course it was her friendliness and compassion that made it so easy for me and I still think of her dearly for being such a friend.