PDA

View Full Version : first transgender President!

Robin414
08-20-2015, 09:38 PM
I was reading the post in media about the first openly TG White House staff member and thought will there ever be a TG President? LOTS more 'firsts' to pass of course but do you think it could ever happen?

Michelle789
08-20-2015, 10:00 PM
We have yet to have a cis-gender female president in the USA. I think we need to cross that milestone first before we have a transgender president.

I also think having a transgender congress person, or white house staff member, needs to happen first.

I'd say it's a long shot. Not impossible, but very much a long shot. There are so few of us to begin with, and we aren't where we need to be in terms of acceptance. Maybe the 75th president of the USA will be transgender, but that won't be in my lifetime.

Robin414
08-20-2015, 10:05 PM
I agree, but our sun still has a few billion years mileage in it, right ☺

Jorja
08-20-2015, 10:07 PM
You know that is going to be me, right Robin? I was going to run this time around but there were too many clowns in the car so I said I would catch it next trip.

Robin414
08-20-2015, 10:27 PM
LOL Jorja 😀! I'd comment further but I'd just get my post deleted, put on a no fly list, etc, etc!

Angela Campbell
08-21-2015, 04:05 PM
I think that one day it really will not be a big deal and the president elected will not even be considered the "first" anything. Eventually this will be just another procedure some people go through in childhood and isn't considered any more of a big deal than having an appendix removed.

Then again it will be a loooooooong time

steftoday
08-21-2015, 04:35 PM
You know that is going to be me, right Robin? I was going to run this time around but there were too many clowns in the car so I said I would catch it next trip.

you would have my vote. the others are definitely the clowns.

paulaprimo
08-21-2015, 04:37 PM

you have my vote jorga... would be great to have someone in Washington with some common sense, and beautiful!! :)

Eryn
08-21-2015, 08:03 PM
US blacks were granted full civil rights in 1870. It then took 138 years for a black to be elected President.

Women were granted full civil rights in 1920. 95 years later no women has been a nominated candidate for President. The two that were nominated for vice president were added to the ticket simply to draw female votes for the main candidate. Neither was successful.

A trans president? Probably not in my lifetime.

phylis anne
08-22-2015, 10:49 PM
well why not?? in silverton oregon they have a t/g mayor so why not a us president ?? it might make interesting foreign policy in parts of the world that frown on this sort of thing

Robin414
08-22-2015, 11:10 PM
it might make interesting foreign policy in parts of the world that frown on this sort of thing

Wow Phylis Anne, very interesting point!

Michelle789
08-22-2015, 11:23 PM
in silverton oregon they have a t/g mayor so why not a us president ??

Anything is possible. It's just that as a nation, we have a history of having only white male presidents. Only in 2008 did a non-white get elected as president. We still have yet to elect a female president. It's just this nations history. I actually believe there is a better chance of India electing a transgender prime minister than the USA electing a transgender president.

it might make interesting foreign policy in parts of the world that frown on this sort of thing

This would be very interesting. Especially with countries such as Russia that are extremely LGBT. However, countries like India would probably adapt well to there being a TG USA president. Actually, India and Pakistan have both had female prime ministers and the US has yet to have a female president. I think the scenario is more likely that India would elect a TG president, and the USA will frown on it. Actually, there are plenty of countries that have had female prime ministers. Any of those countries would be quicker to elect a TG prime minister or president than the USA would. Sorry USA, but we're not exactly the most open-minded nation in the world. And yes, it's very much because of close-minded states like Texas, Alabama, and Indiana. Sorry to offend anybody from those states.

I might expect to see a TG governor of a blue state like California, Oregon, New York, or Massachusetts, or maybe a TG senator or house rep, before we see a TG president.

Claire Cook
08-23-2015, 06:00 AM
Jorga,

Just let us know when the campaign offices open.

Natasha V
09-07-2015, 03:42 PM
You have my Vote girl. lol

Janice Ashton
09-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Jorja,

Your comments and thoughts make much more sense than most of those in power today, so you get my vote.

J Edgar Hoover got quite close, but not quite Transgender!! Or so it was reported??

Ann Thomas
09-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately, the article was incorrect about that person being the first openly trans person to work in the White House. She was predated by several years by a friend of mine, an out trans woman. When she saw the news, she posted pics of herself at her going away party at the white house, where they presented her with a signed card for her service there. Below is one of her pictures - posted here with her permission.

Eryn
09-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Under which President?

Ann Thomas
09-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Amélie worked for the current administration. leaving it about a year ago or so, after serving for some time.

Starling
09-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Let's try to remember that Jorja really couldn't produce a birth certificate, because she didn't exist.

:) Lallie

Rogina B
09-07-2015, 06:37 PM
I feel that the current administration "gets it"...Far different than those of the past..

Nicole Erin
09-09-2015, 01:38 AM
I cannot help but wonder if a candidate's TG status would even matter a whole lot.
It probably would not help nor hurt much.
I think it will be quite a while before there is a TG president just because the vast majority of people are not TG anyways.

To keep this short -
Normally the only time someone has a problem with someone being TG is if they are directly connected, like family or friends.

Tamara Croft
09-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Can you all not see that Jorja has been banned? No? oh........ well she wouldn't make any kind of president really, seeing as she is nothing but a fake, stealing pictures and claiming them to be herself.... so, good luck with that!!

Janice Ashton
09-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info Tamara,

With 6,380 posts it appears she's been a long time in being found out!!

Krisi
09-09-2015, 03:44 PM
I would sincerely hope each President (or any other politician) would be elected based on qualifications, not race, gender, religion, etc..

Starling
09-09-2015, 09:13 PM
I guess my hint about Jorja's birth certificate was not broad enough.

:) Lallie

steftoday
09-09-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm really disappointed to hear about Jorja. I thought she was legitimate, and it hurts to know She wasn't. I don't go poking into every person's profile to see if they've been banned, so I didn't see that until I saw this thread updated.

Robin414
09-09-2015, 09:39 PM
OK, thread's going way off track but I have to say I'm more than a little shocked myself! I noticed her profile pic disappear and then noticed an unusual absence of posts and when I checked her profile...whaaaaat!? 😲

Eryn
09-10-2015, 11:56 AM
I am surprised myself, but let's remember that the only information we have is that her avatar picture was found on another person's commercial website.

She may well be truly TG and just made a bad decision of a way to preserve her anonymity. Mischief-makers and trolls don't generally make 6000 thoughtful posts!

Back to the topic: Considering that TG people are considered to be about 1 percent of the population, it is just about even money that we have already had a TG president. Only the Secret Service knows for sure!

Kaitlyn Michele
09-10-2015, 12:18 PM
So many fakers..its stinks...

i found the posts to be pretty mundane and pollyanna type of stuff...
Nothing that could actually inform anybody...and frankly like other posts here from pretenders that "advise" transsexuals its dangerous and sad..

J was a liar and fraud...its more than just a picture....i'm guessing J is reading this now and figuring out a new identity or trolling plan... all new posters from here on out are suspect to me

Nigella
09-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Thread done, it has now turned into something completly different