PDA

View Full Version : sitting crossed legged

Stephanie kirby
08-27-2015, 05:18 AM
when you are sitting down do you sit 'man style' or crossed legged ? I mostly sit crossed legged.

Tatiana
08-27-2015, 05:23 AM
I used to always sit man style but that was because my thighs were too fat! My crossdressing has inspired me to loose weight and luckily my thighs now allow me to sit cross legged. I find myself now sitting cross legged in guy as well as girl mode.

alwayshave
08-27-2015, 05:37 AM
I always use to sit with my legs crossed above the knee. My fiancee kept correcting me until I would cross at the ankle with my knees together.

iGenny
08-27-2015, 05:39 AM
I've always sat cross-legged.

Angela Marie
08-27-2015, 05:40 AM
Always cross legged.

Laurana
08-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Depends on what I'm wearing. Most definitely crossed legged if I'm wearing a skirt.

Mollyanne
08-27-2015, 06:02 AM
I sit cross legged!!!!!!

Molly

BLUE ORCHID
08-27-2015, 06:12 AM
Hi Stephanie, I find myself setting cross legged lady like style.:hugs:

Ceera
08-27-2015, 06:16 AM
Knees together, ankles crossed and tucked under my chair.

Teresa
08-27-2015, 06:32 AM
I usually wear a skirt when dressed so it has to be crossed legged ! I love the look around the knees in that position when wearing stockings, and then you can feel the rub of one leg against the other and see a lovely heeled shoe dangling sexily on your toes !!

JeanetteX
08-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Cross legged all the time, like a real lady is supposed to. I'm getting so used to it that I do it more and more often in male mode as well

Danitgirl1
08-27-2015, 06:38 AM
I often sit in a rather female position regardless of how I am dressed

mechamoose
08-27-2015, 06:49 AM
I sit cross legged now out of habit, regardless of how I am dressed.

- MM

Meghan4now
08-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Sharon Stone. Enjoy the show. :;)

Seriously though I sit all kinds of ways. Depends on how I'm dressed, and what I'm doing. Leg over the chair arm, on my hands, feet up, split leg hunched forward, cross at ankles, cross at knees, knee on ankle. My wife does too. I'm a 98 percenter. That 2 percent is fun, but most of the time I just live as a human being. Not from Mars or Venus, but here on earth.

Nolacdflorida
08-27-2015, 09:54 AM
I caught myself just recently crossing my legs and tucking my foot behind my calf. Very fem , but I was in male drab and got a very strange look from one of the other guys there.

I nearly always cross my legs.

AmyVanessa
08-27-2015, 10:40 AM
I'm trying to get into the habit of sitting crossed legged.
I only took up crossdressing a little more than two years ago, and always had sat man style. It wasn't til I lost weight that I became able to cross my legs

AlexaK
08-27-2015, 10:54 AM
I have always had a tendency to sit cross legged, long before I realized I'm CD When I was still in school, I sat a lot with ankles crossed tucked under the chair.

Debra Russell
08-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Always, have since I can remember - crossed legged..............................Debra

MustangGirl
08-27-2015, 11:45 AM
I always sit with one leg over the other. I was at a coworkers house one time as I had picked up his son at school, and we were talking. His wife walked in, saw me sitting with legs crossed at knee, and said, "you never said he was queer." My coworker said any man/boy that sets with legs crossed like that, have long hair, and several other thing, she says that. On a side note to this, I find myself doing several other fem things when in guy mode.

carhill2mn
08-27-2015, 12:29 PM
I, too, always sit with legs crossed above the knee or, at least, not spread apart . I dislike seeing men sprawled all over with legs widely spread; not a pretty sight (no pun intended).

Jennie2
08-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Ankles crossed, knees together, feet tucked underneath- well that's the plan

Candice June Lee
08-27-2015, 01:38 PM
According to a discussion a few weeks ago with my wife, I sit that way more than I realized. I never gave it much thought. Then she mentioned a few other things that I do that has her questioning my gender identity. Ask those things added up she wasn't too surprised at my CDing. Actually she knew from day one. But anyway I now find I sit that way quite regular and pay attention to it myself now. What changed? Especially if I was doing it unconsciously.

Dana44
08-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Stephanie, Never thought about it, but since you mentioned it. I do cross at the ankles. Knees together. Have done that for years. Never thought about that though.

susan54
08-27-2015, 02:08 PM
I think this is an American thing. Lots of UK guys including this one sit with their legs crossed at the knee. It means nothing. When in a skirt I sometimes cross legs at the knee and again at the ankle with slanted legs because of the heels - but that IS a feminine pose.

laurenp245
08-27-2015, 02:55 PM
It varies for me as well depending on the outfit. I almost always cross my legs at the knees unless I am wearing a shorter skirt or dress, then I typically will cross my ankles and slant my knees to avoid any undue "exposure". I too find myself sitting this way even when not dressed, once I realize it it always makes me chuckle at how a lifetime of practicing how to sit ladylike has become an unconscious habit.

<3 Lauren

Ninna
08-27-2015, 03:25 PM
I practice every day! feel great when I do it with hose!

Tina_gm
08-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Sitting cross legged above the knee is not just merely ladylike, or how a real lady should sit. Really? Is there any reality in any of this? So many cis gender straight males sit that way too. And if a woman is not crossing her legs when she sits, then does that really mean she is doing something wrong?? Yes, more women then men will sit cross legged at the knee, but only the most stereotypical red neck types believe this to be some sort of right or wrong. Very large or very muscular people may have a difficult time just because of that, and of course some guys will be like I could never sit that way cuz of my junk, for which I say get real.

For most about this topic I would say get real. Sitting this way may be a bit more common for women, but hardly women only. Don't think you are doing something super fem for doing it, or emulating a woman so perfectly for doing it either. Wearing a skirt, for the most obvious reason, crossing your legs is easier than constantly holding them together....

Sarasometimes
08-27-2015, 03:49 PM
I sit most often cross-legged at the knees but I also sit knees together ankles crossed. I think the most feminine is knees together off to one side without crossing the ankles. For me this takes some concentration to keep those knees tightly together.
Very Feminine:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sitting+like+a+lady&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI0I2E9JDKxwIVhD8-Ch32UApG&biw=1680&bih=949#tbm=isch&q=how+to+sit+like+a+lady&imgrc=XQdM0X3X-2SWZM%3A
I like this one too:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sitting+like+a+lady&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMI0I2E9JDKxwIVhD8-Ch32UApG&biw=1680&bih=949#tbm=isch&q=how+to+sit+like+a+lady&imgrc=BG-tjuM0DzRE4M%3A

Robin414
08-27-2015, 09:08 PM
I ALWAYS sit cross-legged, even when I was Jason Statham's stunt double (only for the driving scenes...OK. ..the fighting scenes. ...sex scenes. ...), as a guy with the ankle on the leg it presents confidence, kinda like 'I don't give a poopy poop what you think', but as a woman, definitely much tighter and the 'direction' pointed clearly away from the audience indicating 'yah, no I'm NOT interested'. Think I read that in 'The art of seduction' by Robert Green?

Diane Smith
08-28-2015, 01:20 AM
I've always crossed my legs at the knees, back to when I was a little kid, long before it ever occurred to me to dress in public. Still do, in either mode. Nobody has ever said anything, so let them think what they wish.

- Diane

Jeri Ann
08-28-2015, 05:49 AM
I have crossed my legs for so long that it is uncomfortable to do otherwise. Even when I intentionally try to rest my ankle on the other knee it will slip over before long.

natalie_cheryl
08-28-2015, 06:58 AM
Cross my ankles and keep my knees together like a proper lady, unless in in jeans lol

mechamoose
08-28-2015, 07:13 AM
Sitting cross legged above the knee is not just merely ladylike, or how a real lady should sit. Really? Is there any reality in any of this?

Yes, there is. It is perhaps subconscious, but it is there. Guys tend to spread to give 'Deez Nuts' room. I was taught that a lady sits 'just so' in order to protect her modesty. 'Manspreading' in a skirt is just a bad idea.

While I agree with you that from a physical level there is not much need, I can 'cross just fine. It is part of the 'language' that girls speak.

Socialization == tradition == patterns == habits

<3

- MM

Sandra119
08-28-2015, 07:14 AM
I always sit crossed legged I wouldnt want anyone getting a glimpse of my panties

mechamoose
08-28-2015, 07:17 AM
I always sit crossed legged I wouldnt want anyone getting a glimpse of my panties

Unless you are flirting with them....

<3

- MM

BillieAnneJean
08-28-2015, 09:14 AM
My I use this photo as an answer?

But only while enfemme. In guy I sit as I always did, unabashedly brazen. Maybe I should do the continental way, seems more classy than man spread.

BTW I got this dress for $9 new. It was damaged by the hangar. It is a very delicate lace over a liner. The lace is crocheted with the open portions of the lace just individual threads. About 50% open with threads. The strap retention hooks on the hanger tore the threads and made holes. But I LOVED the dress and it was new and VERY cheap. So I bought it and some thread to match from a fabric store. I rewove the missing parts of the lace and used seam sealer to bind the repair threads in to the existing lace. It only took about an hour. And I have a lovely lace shift dress. I provide this information only to encourage anyone on a budget that some creativity can allow a fantastic wardrobe. I don't mean to offend the OP or create more work for a mod.

SUCH FUN!

naneomi
08-28-2015, 09:24 AM
I tend to sit crosslegged or ankles crossed.

Sarah Doepner
08-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Legs crossed at the knee most often followed by knees together ankles crossed. Unless I'm driving my car, then it's what's needed until the car is parked. At that point I try to swing both legs out at the same time.

Stephanie47
08-28-2015, 11:17 AM
When in feminine attire I always sit with one leg over the other knee. Sometimes I will sit with my ankles crossed and the legs pulled to the right side. My mind does not even go to sitting "manspread" which I understand is now an acceptable word added to the dictionary.

Tracii G
08-28-2015, 11:32 AM
I always sit with one leg over the other. I was at a coworkers house one time as I had picked up his son at school, and we were talking. His wife walked in, saw me sitting with legs crossed at knee, and said, "you never said he was queer." My coworker said any man/boy that sets with legs crossed like that, have long hair, and several other thing, she says that. On a side note to this, I find myself doing several other fem things when in guy mode.

WTH ??
How does crossing your legs have anything thing to do with your sexual preference???
I think I would have had to say something to that lady.

Ann WA
08-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Always sit cross-legged! Left over right and right over left.

DebbieL
08-28-2015, 12:46 PM
It has changed. The "man style" is called "Figure 4" which I will call 4, the female style (ankle or knees) I will call X and the double wrap I'll call xx.

First, keep in mind that girls are scolded often by the time they are 4-5 years old, for "showing the underwear" while wearing skirts.
This is why the X format is normally associated with girls.

When I was young, certainly by 5-6 years old, I sat with knees together pretty consistently. I didn't do it deliberately or consciously, perhaps I was just following my mother's example. I also noticed that people sat like that in church and other public places. Perhaps it was just I paid more attention to women?

I also frequently sat in Z pattern, sitting on a couch or chair, with knees to one side and ankles closer to butt and together.
I also frequently sat in XX pattern,

When I got to second grade, the boys started poking fun at me for how I sat (among other things), so I tried to sit in 4, but it was uncomfortable.

In about 9th grade, I found out that 4 was typically American, than European men usually sat in X, and in many countries, 4 is rude because you are showing someone the sole of your foot. In some countries, such as middle eastern countries showing anyone the sole of your foot or touching them with your feet is a such a horrible insult, it shows disrespect, that you consider the other person beneath your, even less than a slave. After that I used X much more often.

By high school, I stopped caring and quite regularly sat in X and XX configuration as well as Z, and continued to do so until well into my 30s. Then I gained quite a bit of weight and was no longer ABLE to cross my legs so I used figure 4 more often. When I lost the weight, I went back to the X XX and Z

Since then, my preferred mode is still X or Z, but XX is only practical when I'm at my lower weights. Sometimes, when I'm wearing pants I'll slip into 4 for a short period. Still not as comfortable.

Alice_2014_B
08-28-2015, 04:09 PM
SUCH FUN!

Love those blue heels!
:)

ShriekCassandra
08-28-2015, 08:34 PM
I sit in whatever position I find most comfortable. And that tends to change every several minutes beings as my legs are so fidgety.

dominique
08-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Tend to sit cross legged when wearing a skirt which is all the time I find it so feminine and it shows alot leg as well. After a period of time I tend to swap leg position.

Melanie 0339
08-30-2015, 11:46 AM
I always sit cross legged at the knees even in guy mode I find it a comfortable sitting position. Although I get more enjoyment out of it when I'm dressed flashing a chance climpse of my stocking tops xxx

Jennifer B
08-30-2015, 04:06 PM
It's difficult to 'manspread' in a pencil skirt. So... knees together ankles crossed.

theresa renee
08-30-2015, 04:57 PM
WTH ??
How does crossing your legs have anything thing to do with your sexual preference???
I think I would have had to say something to that lady.

i thought the same thing, but flashed back to my childhood days when there were certain "rules" or "indicators". men do things one way, women another, if you do it the woman way, you're gay, and we're going to do blah, blah, flippity blah...

some people still think that way it seems, which is unfortunate. i have had long hair and have worn nail lacquer for years, and it's emblematic of nothing other than my desire to have long hair and wear nail lacquer.

Tina_gm
08-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Yes, there is. It is perhaps subconscious, but it is there. Guys tend to spread to give 'Deez Nuts' room. I was taught that a lady sits 'just so' in order to protect her modesty. 'Manspreading' in a skirt is just a bad idea.

While I agree with you that from a physical level there is not much need, I can 'cross just fine. It is part of the 'language' that girls speak.

Socialization == tradition == patterns == habits
I mentioned the obvious when it comes to wearing skirts. But the idea that women cross at the knee and it is a feminine thing is ridiculous. But sadly that is a current western and recent mindset. There is NOTHING feminine about this picture.... at least not to me anyway.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/7f/2c/3a/7f2c3adadcae22d65b71faa1a19eaf76.jpg

Alexis08
08-30-2015, 06:36 PM
I never open my legs while sitting. It feels weird (and unnatural) to do so, just like what a dominant,masculine man would feel when he tries to sit cross legged.

I would guess it's biological.

Tina_gm
08-30-2015, 09:18 PM
alexis, see the above post of mine with the pic I linked to....

Hey, I sit cross leg a lot myself, but I don't make this one a part of what might be gender stuff. I just think its comfortable for just about anyone man or woman who can do it. Somehow, the very recent times here in the U.S. are getting this kind of mindset where something so simple as sitting with you legs crossed is a fem thing. Yet, the pic I linked to, one of the pinnacles of masculinity of his time, Sean Connery in the Bond movies sat knee over knee. Certainly nothing fem about him or the way he was sitting, it was the norm back then for anyone to sit. The U.S. cowboy redneck culture is making it impossible for men to be anything other than frozen autonomous zombies.

Robin414
08-30-2015, 09:38 PM
How about twisting your legs up like a pretzel, I don't do that myself but just curious? 😐

prene
08-30-2015, 10:21 PM
I cross at the ankles.
My thighs are to big otherwise.

baldy1
08-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Never can sit cross-legged something always gets in the way - my leg muscles?

Julie

pony_gurl
08-31-2015, 06:08 AM
I'm crossed legged whether male or female...just feels comfy!

andreah
09-13-2015, 09:14 AM
when I'm dressed or not I always cross my legs , either sitting on my couch or at the computer , guess it's a force of habit

L'eggs n' heels
09-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Cross legged.

pattyjones954
09-13-2015, 10:27 AM
I would cross at the ankle with my knees together and I sat cross-legged too

Maria 60
09-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Crossed leg had become more comfortable.

steph_2015
09-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Always cross legged

Stephanie47
09-13-2015, 11:32 AM
When en femme I sit either with my knees together or crossed at the knees. When my knees are together both feet may be flatfooted or may be swept a little to my right side under the chair. I sit with the legs swept to the side because of my six foot height. If the pan (seat) of the chair is too high off the floor my knees would be higher than my butt. That's uncomfortable. Observe women sitting on chairs. If they are sitting in a doctor's office for instance in soft chairs, they'll sink into the chair and instinctively sweep their feet to one side. That way their knees will be lower than their butt. It's is much more comfortable.

Other times, obviously when the chair's pan is high, I will sit with my left knee crossed over my right knee.

In either case before you still down in a dress or skirt smooth the skirt of the dress with your hands so you don't have it bunch up as you sit. Also, according to my wife, if you wear a tight fitting skirt or dress expect the hem to ride up about three inches. A fuller skirt or dress will lay further down on the knees when sitting. And, wear panties.

Kiwi Primrose
09-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Always cross legs for me. I can't stand the men who sit with legs apart or slumped in a seat with their feet way out in front with their fly right in the centre of the view.

Judith96a
09-14-2015, 11:04 AM
I think this is an American thing. Lots of UK guys including this one sit with their legs crossed at the knee. It means nothing.
I would tend to agree. I've yet to encounter any male in my family or friends who never sits cross-legged (either crossed at knee or crossed at ankle)
When at my desk I tend to sit with legs crossed at the ankle and either out in front or tucked under my chair. In social situations, it can be 'not crossed at all', 'crossed at the knee' or 'crossed at the ankle' depending on my mood / the context! Only difference between drab and en-femme is that I pay more attention to keeping my knees together when en-femme!

Kaze_
09-14-2015, 05:18 PM
In male mode I'll hold masculine posture, both out of comfort and status.

While dressed, always crossed or together at least. It drives me crazy seeing a female with splayed legs in public for far too many reasons. It's just not proper.

ashleyjane15
09-15-2015, 03:48 AM
When dressed, I always cross my legs. When I'm in guy mode, it's whatever is comfortable.

erickka
09-15-2015, 05:02 AM
Always crossed in some manner. (in girl mode, of course)

nicolelovescrystal
09-15-2015, 01:45 PM
When in femme I sit cross legged or knees together and crossed at ankles. when in drab, I sit how a dude typically sits... air 'em out. lol

Bobbi46
09-15-2015, 01:50 PM
how do you cross your legs without your dress/skirt riding up, with slik panties an under slip and pantyhose/stockings I find my skirt or dress rides up and due to my height my knees are always higher than my waist when sitting so this riding occurs also when my legs are fully crossed over there is no way I can keep my skirt or dress pulled down because it just rides up legs because of the silky material.