PDA

View Full Version : Despite the pain there is humour !

Teresa
08-27-2015, 06:43 AM
OK so my wife and I are considering separating, we're both coming to terms with it !

This morning she called me to give a hand to remove some loose covers for washing, the suite is fairly old but in good condition. I looked at her smiling and said ," You're going to give me all this old rubbish when I move out !" She began to nod and grin !, I continued, " and I suppose you're going to dump all your old clothes on me too !" She burst out laughing and I joined her , she then replied , " That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that , in that case how soon are you thinking of going I could do with a new wardrobe !"

JeanetteX
08-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Haha that was a funny conversation indeed! Just hope the two of you will continue like that. Good luck Teresa

carolyn todd
08-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Keep working at it.
good luck.

Carolyn xx

Sarah Doepner
08-27-2015, 09:56 AM
It sounds like some of the tension has been released. That is a good thing and should allow for a real conversation without a lot of the hurt, anxiety and other emotions that tend to cloud the air. I hope that regardless of the outcome you can remain friends who respect each other.

JenniferR771
08-27-2015, 10:37 AM
I hope things work out satisfactory for you Teresa. Good luck.

Amanda M
08-27-2015, 11:54 AM
It has been a long, hard road for both of you. I have been alongside you now for a while, but even now, I cannot really help.

So, it has come to this. May I hope (and I believe) that this is the best road for both of you, and that your road from here on may be smoother.

Big Hugs,
Amanda

carhill2mn
08-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Since the two of you are able to talk to each other in a light-hearted manner about clothes etc., I have to assume that there are other issues involved in deciding to separate. You do not say if is a legal separation or a divorce. In the U.S. there are legal implications involved with a separation that need to be considered. If a divorce is likely it is good to hire a lawyer right away to protect yourself.

In either case, it is unfortunate for both of you to have reached this point.

grace7777
08-27-2015, 12:40 PM
It is nice to see you are able to find humor in a less than ideal situation. I hope everything thing turns out well for you.

AngelaYVR
08-27-2015, 01:02 PM
I'm not a pro, but I know that when two people are mad they quite often wish that the other would break the ice. Pride gets in the way a lot. I hope things work out for the best.

SharonDenise
08-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Sorry to hear this! I hope you work things out with your wife.

Robin414
08-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Absolutely Teresa! I don't doubt that you will at the very least still be best friends in the long run! 😊

PS my flipping spell 'checker' put in 'destroyed' in place of 'best'..I caught it, but humour does prevail tightly...I mean 'RIGHT' LOL 😃

Jilmac
08-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear about the potential breakup Teresa. Perhaps the upside will be that you'll be able to dress whenever you wish. Maybe some time apart will bring you closer to her.

Katie01
08-27-2015, 10:25 PM
Hi Teresa. This is very hopeful story. Humor can be so healing. One piece of unsolicited advice, if you still love your wife be sure you tell her. Don't wait for her to make a move. Good luck sweetie. I hope it all works out.

Bridget Ann Gilbert
08-28-2015, 12:21 AM
Hi Teresa,

Glad you found a moment of humor in what must be a challenging time. I've long suspected things would head this direction. As long as the two of you can handle it like grown ups you should both be happier down the road. Hang in there and keep us up to date.

Bridget

Teresa
08-28-2015, 12:48 AM
Katie,
At the moment we both admit that we're not parting because we don't love each other, she can't live with my level of CDing needs and I can't live without it .

BLUE ORCHID
08-28-2015, 06:37 AM
Hi Teresa, It sounds like the closer you get to moving out That she could have second thoughts , lets hope so.:daydreaming:

CarlaWestin
08-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Conversations like that are sweetness with a teardrop. Teresa, I hope you and your wife find an amicable ballance.

ChristinaK
08-28-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm so sorry Teresa. Splitting the sheets is such a devastating and difficult process. I've done it twice and never want to do it again.

If you still love each other, maybe you two can find common ground somehow. You give up something and she gives a little.

Crossdressing may not be very appealing to you after you have split up, knowing that is the reason it happened. If you love her, you will miss her terribly after she is gone. You will have extreme feelings of guilt. You will remember the good times over the bad. You will miss the small, mundane times when you were in the same room. Simple things like getting ready in the morning, or being able to tell her about your day when you get home,etc.

I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I have been down the rough road you have not yet travelled and it's not paved, has big holes and is muddy.

Good luck either way. I hope the best for you and always enjoy what you have to say here.

MsVal
08-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Sometimes it is better for two people to find their own happiness separately than for those two people to remain unhappy together.

Best wishes
MsVal

Stephanie47
08-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Sounds as if there is "light at the end of the tunnel" for both of you. It sounds as if a lot of stress has been alleviated for your wife.

Jaylyn
08-28-2015, 11:35 AM
I sincerely hope you two can work this out. I could never leave my wife and soul mate. She accepts my cross dressing but we agree on its limits. Hope you two will find that place in your lives as well. Every marriage has a give and take and also a breaking point. Good luck but please try and keep posting in here if for nothing else your sanity after the breakup or separation.

CONSUELO
08-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Teresa,
This has been a long time developing. I hope that you both find contentment whatever the outcome. I'm glad that you are finding some humour together and I hope that you can keep talking and supporting one another. My best wishes to you both.

Dana44
08-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Teresa, Sorry to hear that you are separating. It was nice that you posted this and it is a positive step for both of you. Best of luck going forward.

AngelaYVR
08-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Teresa, I saw this floating around on facebook today and it made me think of your predicament. And it is humorous!

Kevyn53
08-30-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry you two are going through a rough patch. I hope you guys can keep that open friendly tone to everything about this situation.

LeslieSD
08-31-2015, 02:46 AM
Teresa, I am happy for you. Separate is not the end of a relationship. You and your wife will soon find out what you can not live without. Distance will clarify your mind. It will be a good path.

Teresa
08-31-2015, 06:11 AM
Angela,
Thanks for your thoughts, I haven't lost my sense of humour !

It looks like you've found me out, I posed for that poster years ago ! I'm the crossdresser driving the courtesy taxi now !!