PDA

View Full Version : Had a wonderful day Walking in the Manchester Pride Parade

Roli F
08-29-2015, 02:39 PM
Hi all I attended Manchester Pride parade supporting Sparkle the Transgender charity,
The weather was slightly overcast but held off until after the parade. we had around 25 girls including some F2M
the crowds were highly supportive, all but some religious types who chose to heckle all and sundry.
After a rush getting ready I chose my red dress, patterned hose and my comfiest heels a short blonde wig
I got loads of compliments from all who interacted with myself and my fellow paraders.
sadly in my haste I forgot my phone so have no pics at the moment.:o

Jennifer B
08-29-2015, 08:56 PM
That's fantastic. Glad you had a good time. I was thinking about that earlier when I saw the BBC article about it. I went to the Amsterdam Gay Pride festival at the start of the month and the Pride Parade was off the hook! First pride I've ever been to. Would love to see the Manchester one, so maybe next year. I'd love to have the courage to join in en-femme!

It's a shame about the heckling. Some people will never be able to live and let live. You'd think that they'd have better things to do with their time.

Rachelakld
08-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Religious types in Manchester?
Things have changed since I left :)

Marcelle
08-30-2015, 05:49 AM
Hi Roli,

Sounds like you had a great time (hecklers aside and who really cares about narrow minded people). Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Isha

Stephanie kirby
08-30-2015, 05:52 AM
sounds like you had a wonderful time roli, Religious types in manchester ? Im shocked and stunned :eek::D

Melanie 0339
08-30-2015, 06:06 AM
Sounds like a great time, I admire anyone's courage to take that bold step in the real world and proclaim this is me deal with it xxx

Pat
08-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Cool! I did my first parade this year. It's a lot more fun to walk in the parade than to stand there watching it. :) Congratulations!

Roli F
08-31-2015, 02:08 PM
thankyou for all the good words and support.
there is footage at 31.43 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twWhqD572Fo
of our group charity Sparkle
there is footage of the hecklers at 38,39
hugs Roli

Katey888
08-31-2015, 02:52 PM
Roli, that sounds and looks like a cool event.. :cool:

Hecklers... just who do they think they're converting...? :facepalm: At least it's all very polite here...

Maybe next year.. :)

Katey x

Roli F
08-31-2015, 02:56 PM
hope to see you there Katie
it was a blast
cheers

Pat
08-31-2015, 10:25 PM
Looks like great fun! Who were the people with the green shirts with the bees on them?

Roli F
09-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Looks like great fun! Who were the people with the green shirts with the bees on them?

Hi Jennie I think they are from Manchester city council offices