PDA

View Full Version : Well Tom Girl Doesn't Seem to Work Either?

Sarasometimes
09-01-2015, 11:03 AM
I was on the AE website and go to find out that this is their usage of Tom Girl:
http://www.ae.com/women-tomgirl-jeans/web/s-cat/7240079

So now women (who don't ever crossdress according to many) now have another acceptable means to do just that IMHO! To those who say oh just go wear what you want and endure the ridicule, what fun is that!

Erica Marie
09-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Someone needs to write AE, Gap, ect and tell them they need to make more sz 6 & 8 in long. I love the styles but even at a modest 5'6" that I am, most regular length are too short. Makes me sad that it is so hard to find a cute pair of jeans.

AnnieMac
09-02-2015, 06:59 AM
Perhaps "Nancy Boy" didn't work much better either to sell jeans.

Kate Simmons
09-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Why not just forget all the designations? I'm happy just being myself and that works for me. :battingeyelashes::)

Stephanie47
09-02-2015, 10:31 AM
I really have not heard the phrase "tom girl" lately. The picture really does not fit the term. When I was a little kid (1950's) girls usually wore dresses. Most of the girls did not own clothes that were functional for activities boys engaged in. My baseball team's center fielder was "Charlie," AKA Linda. She was a great player. She hit and fielded. None of the boys gave a hoot she was a girl. I guess we were all more progressive than others of the era. She wore boys' blue jeans, tee shirts and sneakers because there were no girl equivalents. Now? Now girls and women can purchase a wide range of clothing that is appropriate for all activities, yet still appear the societal norm of feminine.

That company's advertising department needs to be brought into the 21st century. And, if I was a young woman I would not wear their clothes to begin with.