PDA

View Full Version : The face in the mirror

donnalee
09-02-2015, 05:16 AM
Something I have noticed when viewing my face in the mirror things have changed since 2 or three years ago when I started momentarily noticing a girl when I passed by quickly; a close look would show my guy face, but there was this glimpse ---.
I just realized that for months now she has been there full time - no make-up, unshaven, it doesn't seem to matter -there she is - the girl me!

Krisi
09-02-2015, 07:57 AM
That must be a trick mirror. Either that or you need to see your eye doctor.

When I look in the mirror unshaven and with no makeup or wig, I clearly see Homer. Shave, put on some beard cover and lipstick and my wig, then I see Krisi. Krisi is not really "pretty" but she is a female.

kimdl93
09-02-2015, 08:31 AM
I wish I could say that. But my reaction is different. If I'm in drab, I see a guy, but in a way it hurts to see that make reflection. When I'm dressed, I see a woman I recognize as myself.

Allisa
09-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Step one to total acceptance, seeing the inner you everyday.

Sarah-RT
09-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Non metaphorically I see my male self when male when I look in the mirror, when dressed I don't see my male self at all. And there are times when male that if I do a certain expression or stand at a certain angle I can see Sarah, it's a nice little surprise sometimes

Stephanie47
09-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Beware! The eye sees what the brain wants to see. There are many times when I look in a mirror as my male self and see a person who appears totally different than the guy in a printed picture. It's no big deal if your eyes see an attractive female, but, that may not be what others see if you're out and about en femme.

Robin414
09-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Beware! The eye sees what the brain wants to see. There are many times when I look in a mirror as my male self and see a person who appears totally different than the guy in a printed picture. It's no big deal if your eyes see an attractive female, but, that may not be what others see if you're out and about en femme.

Good point, that's why I rely on photographic evidence before I go out...yah, it was a chic, here's a photo to prove it! 😉

docrobbysherry
09-03-2015, 01:25 AM
I'm more tolerant now. But, there was a time I truly despised seeing a man in a dress in my mirror!:doh:

So much so, I wouldn't even glantz at the outfit I was trying on until I had put on one of my special Sherry faces!:battingeyelashes:

Jenny Gurl
09-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Reminds me of a poem I read once long ago. It kind of reflects the struggle many have being true to themselves. At first I thought that was what the title was describing until I read the rest.

http://www.inspirationpeak.com/cgi-bin/poetry.cgi?record=155

Alice Torn
09-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Jenny Gurl, Nice poem, indeed!

Maryesther M.
09-03-2015, 07:38 PM
At my age it's a balding wrinkled old man I see daily when I shave. A very large part of the fun of crossdressing is the transformation one can achieve through the use of cosmetics and a wig.
I recently submitted pics of myself to that site which guesses your age. Untouched ones come out near my real age, but femme ones placed me in my thirties, with one at 29.
This justifies all my efforts to recapture my youth through crossdressing.

M.

BLUE ORCHID
09-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Hi Donnalee. When endrab I just see an old guy with three Diamond stud earrings in each ear,

When dressed there's a pretty lady in the mirror smiling at me.:daydreaming:

MirandaAlicia
09-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Huh, I just tried that site too and it guessed two years younger than I am. But tagged me female. Win?

-edit, I tried a few more pictures and on those it dropped my age by maybe 7 years. And then one had me in my 40s. I guess it evens out.