PDA

View Full Version : Mis-gendered, but in the best way

Donnagirl
09-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Took a call this morning expecting it to be from a Tgirl friend so I answered as Donna. It turned out to be the plumber... He ma'amed me a few times and then wanted to confirm it was my SO he was talking to... Rather than create any possible problems I corrected him saying (name) was my wife... Poor fella was flustered trying to blame a bad line.
I was sorely tempted to thank him, but I just let him finish... I realised after the call that he did not use any pronoun from that point on. Left me wondering just who he thought I was.
Good to see that all that practice on my 'girl voice' was not wasted.
Got a big smiley face now. It actually made me feel really good.

Robin414
09-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Wow, congrats Donna! I'm thinking of taking up sign language or faking really bad laryngitis as a quick stop gap myself , or one of those voice changer apps for your phone...guy goes in, girl comes out!

Eryn
09-04-2015, 12:08 AM
I love to be misgendered when in (ostensibly) guy mode, but I've never been misgendered on the phone! Perhaps I should use it more often!

geek
09-04-2015, 06:09 AM
10+ years ago when I did telemarketing I got ma'amed all the time. Still do on occasion too and I don't exactly have a feminine voice. Then again I don't exactly have a masculine voice either.

BLUE ORCHID
09-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Hi Donna, You need to get Caller ID.:daydreaming: