PDA

View Full Version : A great weekend out

Stephanie_83
09-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Just wanted to thank all of you girls - being on this board is so encouraging! I think Stephanie's steps out into the world would have been much smaller, and much more hesitant, if it wasn't for y'all :D

Last weekend was a pretty good one for me; I went back home to visit a childhood friend, then spent all day Sunday en femme, getting dressed up at home (folks were gone for the weekend) and driving back to the city I live in. I think it was the first time I've been out in broad daylight! After a nap when I got back, I decided it was too good an evening to waste, and by golly, I was going out. So I ran an errand I'd been meaning to get to for a while - to Target to pick up a pair of black tights. First time out shopping! Then I went to see Trainwreck (which was super fun).

The point of all this was, everyone I met was super nice, and treated me not a whit differently than they would have treated me in guy mode - actually, people seemed even friendlier and kinder. And if that was down to them clocking me, I guess I'm really ok with that. The girl selling tickets at the movie theater got a big smile on her face when I walked in even, it was funny.

Of course, I live in the liberal college town of my state, so folks like me aren't exactly uncommon. But even if we were a dime a dozen, hearing your stories and encouragement was so meaningful to getting me up off my butt!

justmetoo
09-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Good for you, Stephanie! I love stories like this. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. :)

reb.femme
09-05-2015, 06:11 AM
It takes a large amount of bravery to face up people so early in your en femme outings. My first time out was from a hotel one night and I went out for a drive. Shaking like a leaf and heart beating like a drum. My last time out was to a 'normal' night club...epic.

Well done on pushing the envelope and hope you continue to enjoy going out.

Rebecca

BLUE ORCHID
09-05-2015, 06:56 AM
Hi Stephanie, You are out there , There's no turning back now.:hugs:

Karen RHT
09-05-2015, 07:56 AM
Congrats Stephanie, well done. Sounds like you just took things as they came, and ended up with a very positive experience.

Karen

Ceera
09-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Sounds like you had a great time! Good for you!

Nadya
09-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! It usually is a lot worse in your head than what actually happens. I noticed that most people you interact at least don't care enough to make a fuss about what you are doing if they can tell. I hope to hear more fun stories about you in the future. <3

Kandi Robbins
09-05-2015, 02:07 PM
While we always have to be smart and cautious about where we go, that is the typical reaction from the general public. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Marcelle
09-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Congrats on getting out and enjoying yourself . . . some big steps for sure.

Cheers

Isha

Dana44
09-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Stephanie, Glad it all went well for you. Yep, some may clock you but even when I'm out and get clocked they were still super nice.