PDA

View Full Version : Can I borrow a pair of pantyhose

Maria 60
09-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Today I was in a site meeting on the job that was held in a construction trailer, I had the project manager sitting on one side, who by the way is a very attractive Chinese women and my boss was on my other side and about ten other people in this tin can trailer. During the meeting cell phones don't stop but everyone will answer there phone and so my phone rang and I seen it was my wife and I didn't answer it and I made a comment to the Chinese lady that I'll call my wife back after the meeting. Well she called back again and I thought I better answer it, maybe it's an emergency and when my wife calls me at work she speaks loud because she knows it's noisy on the construction site. I answer and my wife is yelling on the phone and telling me she got called in for a job interview and didn't want to go with bare legs and asked me if I had a pair of nude or biege control top pantyhose she can borrow, I instantly got up but not before getting a smirky smile look from the Chinese women, I don't think my boss herd anything to busy with his head up his a&$. I went outside and told my wife to stop yelling and that the whole site herd her, she apologized but said she was very excited. I told her where they were, and went to sit back down and the Chinese women whispered to me if I had what my wife was after, and she had a big grin on her face, I told her yes I had a pair and thanked her for asking. Let's just say I lost a few pounds in sweat the rest of the meeting. Had to share thought it was funny.

Krisi
09-04-2015, 04:19 PM
That's the sort of situation where texting would be more appropriate.

laurenp245
09-04-2015, 04:35 PM
That is quite the situation! While it may have been a bit awkward that the lady overheard the conversation, it's fantastic that your wife is so supportive that she came to you in her time of need for female garb! Love this story, and would give anything to be comfortable enough to be that open with my wife.

<3 Lauren

kimdl93
09-04-2015, 04:38 PM
That's hilarious! Glad you were able to come to the rescue. And I hope your wife did well at the interview!

Stephanie47
09-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Nice way to brighten up and otherwise dull meeting.

Cassandra*
09-04-2015, 05:24 PM
My wife has never called to ask for hose but she has borrowed some of mine in the past. I like the feel of them on my legs and had been telling her they help keep my thighs from rubbing in my jeans at work.

janina_xoxo
09-04-2015, 05:25 PM
That was a funny one! Very nice that the chinese lady didn't get all awkward, she only thought it was funny :)

BLUE ORCHID
09-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Hi Maria, I'm setting here laughing so hard that I almost pi$$ed myself.:daydreaming:

Tonya Rose
09-04-2015, 07:01 PM
LMAO!!!! I have had to donate a few pair of hose to the wife and daughter..... more than once!!! LOL!!! If it weren't for us CDers Leggs would be out of business! LOL!! :heehee:

Allisa
09-04-2015, 08:43 PM
I always wondered what you "guys" did in those meetings while I'm outside toiling away trying not to rip a nail and keep my "pony" tied up.

RADER
09-04-2015, 08:50 PM
My wife would just go in the drawer and take what she needed.
She would replace them the next day.
I did not mind at all, after all, that is what CD-Husbands are fore.
Rader

Alice_2014_B
09-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Haha, nice.
:)

Jaymees22
09-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Ha Ha, Yes it was an emergency and your wife was lucky you could come through for her.

SharonDenise
09-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Cute! Thanks for posting!

Natalie cupcake
09-04-2015, 10:21 PM
That's a funny story Maria!! My wife called me once wondering if she could use some of my makeup.:battingeyelashes:

Lorileah
09-04-2015, 10:23 PM
so, what ethnicity is your boss?

Brenda Freeman
09-05-2015, 09:48 AM
Love the story! Hope your wife got the job!

~Joanne~
09-05-2015, 09:56 AM
I just like the fact that Your wife knows how to properly dress for an Interview, most women these days have no clue ;) My SO would have just asked me to stop and buy her a pair though I have plenty here she could just take a pair. The only thing we really share is the polish and every blue moon maybe some jewelry. Hope your wife got the job and thanks for sharing your story. Now to wait and see if the other woman starts asking more questions in the future

Nadya
09-05-2015, 12:44 PM
well, I guess it could have gone worse. :/ In a situation like that, I couldn't help but be embarrassed but I'd be glad after the fact that it went the way it did.

Tammy Lynn Tx
09-05-2015, 08:13 PM
My wife doesn't bother asking if she can borrow anything, she just takes it and lets me know later what she she took. sometimes I get my earrings back, most times not.
But we wear different sizes of panty hose and/ or leggings, so i don't have to worry about those. But they are so much warmer than mens wear.

theresa renee
09-06-2015, 03:13 PM
oh, dear lord, that was a close call. truly a situation where a text message is more appropriate.

Linda E. Woodworth
09-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Great story, I would just worry if the Chinese woman approached you about it again later......

Then what would you do???

gailbridges
09-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Does your wife not text?

Krisi
09-06-2015, 05:49 PM
First, I'm curious why the fact that the woman appeared to be Chinese was important to the story.

Second, my clothes and my wife's clothes are paid for with the same money so although we each have a dresser and one side of the closet, they are all effectively "ours" (community property). I'm retired so there are no longer business meetings, but if my wife needed to borrow something of mine, she knows it's OK, there's no need to get permission from me.

I have "permission" to wear her clothes and carry her purses as well. We are partners.

kelseygal
09-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Dang, that could have been far more awkward, you should definitely share with her how to text lol. As for poster above asking about reason for pointing put the woman was chinese, it is embellishment to the story - writers often highlight what might seem to be odd or random details to draw the reader into a sense of 'being there'.

Krisi
09-06-2015, 07:50 PM
I would rather hear it from Maria. Why she thought that was important, "embellishment" or not. I mean she didn't comment on the ethnicity of the other people present.

Mollyanne
09-07-2015, 06:40 AM
How did the rest of the meeting go???????

Molly

5150 Girl
09-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Ummmm,,,, Not to throw a wet blanket on the proceedings, but, shouldn't cell phones be turned off before any important meetings???

ronny0
09-07-2015, 10:56 PM
My thought would be, Obviously your wife knows you dress, and might even approve or at least turn a blind eye.
Under those conditions I would expect in a so and so emergency situation it would be accepted to share w/o the need to ask.
You might avoid this from happening again by just having that conversation.
Use / wear what ever you 'need' just tell me about it after the fact should I want to replace it.
Being in a relationship (or married) people tend to share what ever they can to help one another, many times w/o the need to ask.

Maria 60
09-08-2015, 07:58 PM
To reply to the sharing, we do share but I have my things hidden everywhere. She didn't know where they were.