PDA

View Full Version : Travelling En Femme, No Wig

ChristinaK
09-04-2015, 10:06 PM
For the last two days, I have had the luxury of being exclusively Christina. I have been travelling long distances in my car and have had an extremely surprising yet satisfying trip.

First, I got my hair styled yesterday before I started in a very feminine hair style. I was nervous about exposing myself without a wig, but have found that my natural hair has resulted in many fewer glances than when in a wig.

Yesterday, I hit five ladies rooms, mostly at rest stops. Not once did anybody at any time seem to notice, even when washing my hands next to another woman; and, I'm 6'1". I walked past many people and nobody noticed me at all. When I checked in at at a hotel, I had to show my ID, which resulted in no reaction at all. Very cool, even though they knew.

Today, it was the same with a few exceptions. First, I was refueling and washing my windshield when a small car containing 6 Hispanic young men pulled up next to me. My angst and anxiety spiked as my imagination had me being pummeled by a group of guys that thought I was trying to push false goods. As they exited, they all checked me out as I washed my windshield. They stretched and talked Spanish to each other, with all of them facing in my direction and checking me out. The looks absolutely were not the "guy in a dress" looks. I got to experience what so many women do. It's kind of hard to put into words since I've never experienced that from women when in guy mode. I felt weird and felt somewhat indignant; flattering yet not. Does that make sense? Women have it tougher than us, that's for sure.

Second, I decided to imbibe in a glass or two of vino. I spied a market, parked and entered. It was a very depressed economic area in a small town. That greatly concerned me as it occurs to me that crossdressing is a luxury for those that can afford two genders worth of clothes. Second, it has been my experience that people from lower economic echelons tend to speak their mind readily, without worrying about being PC. I grew up that way, so don't beat me up too much, please.

I walked past many people. None seemed to notice the middle aged, 6 foot, broad-shouldered woman dressed better than anybody else. After picking up the bottle, I was walking to a register when my heart stopped. Two teen aged girls walking toward me! The dreaded teenagers! They both glanced at me, but were conversing and laughing about something else. Next, two teen aged boys! OMG! The second most dreaded category. Again, they glanced, but no hint of recognition. Whew! Disaster and ridicule avoided twice within minutes!

Next, the dreaded line. The LONG dreaded line that formed immediately behind me when a cashier opened in front of me. ALL eyes on me. I was asked by the girl for my ID. I deftly avoided the crowd from eyeing my ID while exposing it to the cashier. She took it, looked hard at me, looked back at the ID, and just when I thought this whole thing was going to go to hell, she smiled brightly while looking at my ID. She thanked me, showed me how to cheat on "the test" when swiping my card, then thanked me and wished me a good night, which I returned brightly.

The thoughts I came away with during my travels are:

-natural hair is preferable to a wig
-people really don't pay attention to those around them
-if you look like a girl, act like a girl and act naturally, people figure you're a girl, even with a five o'clock shadow.
-you can go almost anywhere en femme with success if you just act naturally and try to blend in.
-you can comfortably be your feminine self all day long without worry. It's a satisfying feeling.

In a previous post, I mentioned travelling through the South in man mode, with long hair (for today), clean shaven, wearing a Hawaiian shirt, resulting in MANY disturbing looks, with one woman outright laughing at me. Go figure. In that environment, I guess I stood out as an oddity (no beard, no goatee, no shaved head, tats, t shirt or shorts). When en femme, I try to blend and so am accepted. What a strange, yet enlightening trip I've had.

Don't know that my post has any relevance to anything, but thought some of you might enjoy it.

Maria 60
09-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Makes my day when I read a happy story and nobody gets hurt. Keep posting the good and the bad, we are here to learn and these stories has a lot of good in it. Thanks

Gabby6790
09-04-2015, 11:45 PM
-if you look like a girl, act like a girl and act naturally, people figure you're a girl, even with a five o'clock shadow.

This part gave me an LOL. Glad you had such a nice time and also hoping I will have the same success soon (sounds like your size is a lot like mine).

AngelaYVR
09-05-2015, 12:03 AM
I think there's a tendency to assume that we are all so magically feminine when we go out the first few times, nobody says a thing and we don't end up in hospital. Later on, we realise that we're not fooling anyone who gets close enough, that people are not waiting for the day they can point fingers and guffaw at the man in a dress. They just think, "whoa, that's a dude" and continue on because they have other things to think about. And by that point we don't care, either! And I generally make an effort not to blend.

1jessica321
09-05-2015, 04:00 AM
Loved this story. Id never have the bottle to face so many obstacles, id be really anxious and my makeup would probley melt off me 😞 which would make me more anxious lol xxx Jessica xxx

Debra Russell
09-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Would really like to see a pic of your natural hair..........................Debra:battingeyelash es:

Marcelle
09-05-2015, 04:52 PM
Hi Christina,

Quite the adventure and you definitely weathered it well ... CONGRATS. Yup, if you act like you belong paired with people being so busy with their own lives . . . you can fly low under the radar.

Cheers and thanks for sharing.

Isha

Richelle
09-06-2015, 10:56 AM
-natural hair is preferable to a wig
-people really don't pay attention to those around them
-you can go almost anywhere en femme with success if you just act naturally and try to blend in.
-you can comfortably be your feminine self all day long without worry. It's a satisfying feeling.

Could not agree with you more on all your points. I am lucky enough to have enough hair and the opportunity to have it cut in a feminine style. It provides me with the confidence to act and talk as a girl. Because of that up at our mountain cabin and now the new neighbor they treat me as woman I am and think of me and my wife as a lesbian couple.

Richelle

Paula_56
09-06-2015, 11:07 AM
I travel for work and get out several times a month and everything you state above is true I am 6'1 also and can't believe how well I do

ChristinaK
09-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all the positive remarks. I would love to post a pic, but am afraid I'm too recognizable without a wig. Paranoid, I know.