PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Abuse. Did you ever experience any?

Aleca
09-05-2015, 02:50 PM
That's become a major issue for me as I have a sister inviting herself back into my life, as a few of you know from a recent post. I'm just curious if many experienced this and did it influence your crossdressing in any way?

Brandy Mathews
09-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Aleca,
I grew up fighting with my sister too. But we were not a close family, my dad made sure of that the way he was, had a very bad temper. An I think that had alo to do with why I dress. Started sneaking clothes, and lipstick when I was about 8.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Nadya
09-05-2015, 03:11 PM
While I prefer not to talk about it, growing up, my brother and I always fought. He justified it as trying to toughen me up. He caught me trying on my mother's clothes one day and threatened me if I ever did that I'd be sorry. That pushed this part of me down so far that it didn't resurface until I left home away from his influence. Siblings can fight but his level of racism and bigotry left me with some emotional baggage that I still work through almost twenty years later. :/ I'm just glad I live far away so I can really let who I really am come out. <3

Angie G
09-05-2015, 03:33 PM
No I'm an only child. Maybe I dress wanting a sister.:hugs:
Angie

abby054
09-05-2015, 04:04 PM
My parents taught me that my brothers and sisters are my rivals and enemies. I now live two thousand miles from where I grew up. I rarely have contact with any of the 13 of them. I perceive no evidence that this influenced my Crossdressing.

Aleca
09-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Guess I posted it for some kind of excuse if my older sister were to tell my wife, if she got angry at me. Funny thing is, spent a week with my sister last month, she's uglier than hell and that scared me away from crossdressing two whole weeks.

antonyio
09-05-2015, 06:06 PM
yes,after year of all the kinds of abuse out there by my whole family,and constantly told if I ever let myself be my true self then don't ever think of them as family,now I have nothing to do with them and years of therapy I am my true me and happy

kimdl93
09-05-2015, 07:09 PM
Not at all.

Tammy Lynn Tx
09-05-2015, 07:21 PM
I was the youngest of 3 boys and both brothers are 8 and 5 tears older than I am. As Ryce said they are homophobic and bigots and had a blast trying to toughen me up by teaching me how to take punches. After I was discharged from the Navy for a multitude of sins ( including crossdressing, my first wife told me if I didn't tell, she would) I was out in 3 weeks.
The first time I saw my older brother after I got out, he told me he didn't want to ever know or see me in a dress but if he found out I was gay, he would kill me. ( nice guy, huh ?)
What it did do was make me very careful and more secretive. I love my closet.

Confucius
09-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Personally I have experienced some abuse, and my older brother did his best to give me an inferiority complex. I pretty much grew up with a low self esteem, poor social skills, and a belief that life would have been better if I was born a girl.

BLUE ORCHID
09-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Hi Alica, I guess I was lucky, The oldest of four with a sister brother and sister
there is 10yrs. between the youngest sister and I.:daydreaming:

We always got along well

mechamoose
09-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Yes, I abused my younger brother frequently..

Oh, you mean for *our* issues? No.

- MM

Tina955
09-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Personally I have experienced some abuse, and my older brother did his best to give me an inferiority complex. I pretty much grew up with a low self esteem, poor social skills, and a belief that life would have been better if I was born a girl.

That is pretty much my story. Hell, even if my older brother accidentally stubbed his toe or hurt himself in anyway, he would come over to me and punch me, like that was going to make his pain go away.
Tina

Melanie 0339
09-05-2015, 10:15 PM
I have a younger half sister there's an 18 year age gap between us so we really didn't grow up together, I'm not sure how'd she take it if she found out about me dressing, xxx

Tracii G
09-05-2015, 10:28 PM
I grew up with 3 older brothers so yeah I got my butt handed to me all the time,used ,picked on but you know what thats just growing up.
Never looked at it in the sense of OMG I'm being abused this is so wrong and its going to mess my life up.
We all have family members that are screwed up in one way or another and cause problems you just have to deal with it.
I don't think and of my siblings caused me to be gay or CD LOL

Robin777
09-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Oh yes, plenty. I am the youngest of 3 boys and I got pounded on plenty of times growing up. my brothers are 7 and 6 years older, so I ended up being punched plenty of times. I probably asked for it a few times. Mostly now it is water under the bridge so to speak. I look at it as being in the past, My 2 cousins I used to be very close to growng up use to pound on each other on a regular basis. Growing up in the 60's and 70's I think sibling violence was accepted more than it is now.

No, it did not contribute to my crossdressing in any way. I think what affected me most was being told that they were hoping for a little girl when I was born.

Sheila11
09-05-2015, 10:43 PM
No abuse. occasional sibling rivalries but fun times most of the time.
Still have a great time when we get together.

Gabby6790
09-05-2015, 11:46 PM
I suffered a couple of pretty bad incidents but I think I was already exploring by then. I don't think they effected me this way but you never know.

sometimes_miss
09-06-2015, 03:42 AM
My sister was about 4 years older than myself. What I remember most, is that as kids, she hated me with a vengeance, though I never knew why. What I did know, was that she was allowed to hit me, but I wasn't allowed to hit her. See, in my house, I was raised by dad to the rule of, a man never hits a lady. EVER. No matter what. So. Sis picked on me, I had to suck it up and put up with it. I couldn't do anything, not even argue. First of all, she was much bigger than me, so I would lose any fight anyway. But that wasn't the worst of it. Anyone who's ever studied basic psychology probably remembers the 'dethroned monarch', the first born who resents younger siblings. And so it was with sis and me. She would do things just to annoy me, or even get me in trouble with our parents, and it made growing up in that home a nightmare. She would ruin my toys, cheat at games, and hit me for no reason. She would come into the living room when I was watching TV, change the channel, and walk out. If I dared to get up and change it back to what I wanted to watch, she'd come back in and hit me a few times, and tell me that she wanted HER show on the tv, and then she would leave the room again so I had to watch whatever she put on the TV. Which was bad enough, but she'd come back and change the channel just as the end of the show was coming so I never got to watch the end of the story, whatever it was. Of course, if I ever hit her, she would yell and tell my mom or dad, and I'd get hit and/or punished. Sometimes she'd just make stuff up and go crying to them and I'd get punished anyway, she being the perfect daughter and me being the kid with the big ugly birthmark that branded me as imperfect. One repeating horror was my clock radio; I would set it to wake me up, but if it went off for more than a few seconds, she'd be in my room beating me for making noise that woke her up if she was asleep, or for playing music she didn't like even if she was already awake (even if it was the same radio station that she usually listened to). Basically because I was a boy, I felt doomed to being beaten up just because I was a boy, and she was immune to it because she was a girl. It got worse, there were two kids next door. If I got into an argument with the boy who was two years older than me, he'd hit me and I didn't dare fight back because he was bigger and stronger than me, and liked beating on me. So fighting back there wasn't a good idea. He had a sister a year younger than me, but if she didn't like something I did, she might hit me too. But if I hit her back, he would come to her aid. But my sister never helped me when anyone was beating me. Yet, dad insisted that I always fight back, because a boy must never let anyone take advantage of him. So I was getting beaten up a lot as a young child because I was a boy, at least that was how it looked. And I quickly learned not to EVER fight back, because it meant a certain beating. It was a no win situation. Then, of course, my sister went to school and I did not. So mom spent time getting my sister pretty to go to school, but no time spent on me. So by the time I got to school, I was already conditioned never to fight, just put up with people hitting me. In my early years, it certainly seemed that, at least as far as I could determine, it was good to be a girl, and not so good to be a boy. A side note, not directly something that my sister actively did to me, was that my mom seemed to have wanted another daughter instead of a son; she dressed me in my sister's old clothes when I was very young, supposedly to save money by not having me ruin my 'good boy clothes' as she put it. All this, either directly from my older sister, or just because I had an older sister. So while she never dressed me in her clothes, I wound up wearing them anyway. I suppose it had some influence on me, which was amplified as I grew up and was given other reasons to question my gender identity.

Momarie
09-06-2015, 11:03 AM
...she's uglier than hell and that scared me away from crossdressing two whole weeks.

Abuse seems to run in the family.

Stephanie47
09-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Abuse does not necessarily have to equate to physical abuse. My younger sister was under the thumb of my mental sick mother. She choose to ignore me and my family for over twenty years. When my mother died it was as if my sister was reborn. We eased back together again as if that twenty plus years never occurred. I think with my mother's death my sister realized how much mom destroyed her relationships with others. My older brother also saw a total change in sister's outlook with others.

donnalee
09-07-2015, 12:20 AM
I grew up with 2 older sisters; what do you think?

daphne g
09-07-2015, 06:27 AM
i don't think i was abused much ,i have two older brothers ,3 and 6 years older and an older sister 5 years older
ii think i was a bit of an effeminate kid ,my brothers never let me play in the street gang with them and kids my age too
so i always got left at home alone ,or if i was lucky i could play with my sister if she wasn't out with her friends
and we did play dress up a few times which both my parents punished us for
i have since came out to my sister and reminded her of those times that she had forgotten