PDA

View Full Version : Did someone ever scare you away from crossdressing?

Aleca
09-05-2015, 04:34 PM
My sister did, last month. Spent a whole week with her, she's so ugly, I didn't feel like dressing for two weeks!

Brandy Mathews
09-05-2015, 04:37 PM
No way! When the pink cloud comes on, watch out, this girl is going to get dolled up, no matter what.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Melanie 0339
09-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Lol I nearly sprayed my wine over my phone reading that. xxx

Aleca
09-05-2015, 04:52 PM
I probably should reserve my anti sister comments and sarcasm for another site, like one that's help for sibling bullying, just couldn't help myself. I admire your independent will Bree.

antonyio
09-05-2015, 06:00 PM
my parents tried to stop me been a girl,but it didn't work,i am my own person and will be who I am,if they don't like it ,to bad

Robin414
09-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Scared into the closet, depending on circumstances I can see that for sure but scared into changing who you are. ..I don't think that's physically possible...well maybe if you're like super duper scared out of your pants scared 😨

Katey888
09-06-2015, 04:34 AM
Can you count "The rest of the world" as someone when I was worried what anyone else might think? :( I think I'm over the worst of that now, but if I'm being brutally honest with myself I'm petrified of how my family would react if they knew...

Actually, some of the stuff you see on other CD sites can be pretty scary... :eek:

Sorry about your sis... :hugs:

Katey x

Melanie 0339
09-06-2015, 04:54 AM
My parents caught me in my very early days of dressing think it was my third or fourth time. My step mum just thought I was weird and My dad thought I was gay. So I guess they didn't scare me from dressing but they def helped in putting me in a closet, if my parents couldn't accept it how the hell would the rest of the world. xxx

MeredithG
09-06-2015, 04:55 AM
My ex-wife. Not a fan - lol.

Teresa
09-06-2015, 05:20 AM
Aleca,
That's the oddest reason not to dress ! It's more of a reason to dress surely and become the pretty one like Cinderella !

Katey,
Just to pick up on your point about the World knowing or not, because I know where I am along the gender line finally. I realise nothing is going to change that whether the World knows or not, I'm going to have to live with it other people will have to decide if they can or not !

Cheryl T
09-06-2015, 07:17 AM
Never...when I encounter someone like that it just makes me want to dress more to add to the beauty of women. Sort of a balancing you might say.

kimdl93
09-06-2015, 08:06 AM
Mostly myself, I think and whatever ever fears I used to conjure up. Now days, I only feel inconvenienced and a bit frustrated if I must spend time in drab.

Tracy Hazel Lee
09-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Yeah, you call her ugly. But I bet there's been at least one occasion (very likely MANY occasions) where you make the realization that she has the freedom to make her own appearance, any level of feminine. And no matter how ugly you think she is, you can never take that away from her. She has that option... ALWAYS.

And I think this is a feeling that many of us have felt on more than one occasion. Feeling like some women don't put in any effort, don't like being pretty... Like they are wasting their opportunity. I know how easy it is to look at it this way. But I'm not going to get angry about it. It is their choice. Everyone has their own reasons for dressing the way they do. And besides....who the hell am I to talk?? I like to wear dresses!!

geek
09-07-2015, 05:51 AM
I think what Aleca meant, though I could be wrong, is that that their sister is an ugly person from the stand point of personality. I know I've met many a person in that category.

Mollyanne
09-07-2015, 06:31 AM
The only person that ever scared me was----ME!!!!!! there have been times when I dressed, couldn't fix my hair right and then the make-up, never went on right, l didn't even look half bad but I did look horrible. took everything off and vowed never to do it again!!!!! Until of course the next day!!!!!!

Molly

Sarah-RT
09-07-2015, 11:09 AM
As a non joke reply my mom did once, When I first admitted to being a crossdresser when I was 19 she said ''I got lost along the way'' and didnt believe the situation. I felt really bad after and didnt dress for a few years properly or regularly but thats since been resolved.

sarah

Stephanie47
09-07-2015, 12:33 PM
As a teenage boy growing up in the 1960's you can bet your last dollar society's attitude towards gays and lesbians and cross dressers was enough to drive anyone into the closet. There was no information out there for any teenager to read. You went through life alone. I felt sure as a teenager who liked to wear women's clothing I was defective. I thought I must be a homosexual, which was not at all acceptable back then.

So, society in general scared me away from wearing women's clothing.

As to any particular person. Well, my parents really really did not like non conforming people. I remember waiting for the Staten Island ferry at lower Manhattan with my brother and father. We were taking a trip to Staten Island and back. Just a fun day out. There was this person with really long down to the butt hair with "her" back to us. "She" stood about thirty feet away. Well, "she" turned around and it was a guy with that head of long beautiful hair and a full beard. My father expressed his dislike for "beatniks." Total intolerance.

Another time my father, mother, brother and I were traveling to upstate New York on the Bronx River Parkway. There was a car in front of us with two guys. The passenger was sitting right next to the driver on the bench seat (no bucket seats yet) with his arm across the driver's back. My father and mother had very unkindly things to say about homosexual men. So, you can deduce from their attitudes that having a cross dressing sun who have been a non starter.

I remember once I was dressed in one of my mother's sun dresses. I guess I was about fifteen. I always secured the security chain to our apartment. I misjudged the time my parents were going to be out. Well, as i was quickly shedding my mother's dress and slip into a laundry bag my father was trying to bust through the security chain. I'm fairly sure my parents knew I was dabbling in my mother's lingerie. I think any woman knows exactly how she arranges her dainties, plus, who busted the strap on her one black bra? I figure they were trying to catch me in the act. I made up some BS excuse for putting the chain on and I was in the bathroom when my father was trying to bust down the door.

You can see why a youth, male or female, in the 1950's and 1960's suffered emotional distress.

Aleca
09-07-2015, 12:47 PM
Geek is right, it's more about her personality. I can dress and look however I want to.

Krisi
09-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Perhaps, but when your sister gets up in the morning, naked, she is a woman. It probably takes you an hour and a bunch of prosthetics just to come close.

But no, nobody ever scared me away from crossdressing.

Tina_gm
09-07-2015, 03:23 PM
society has done a good number on me. True though that ultimately I have let it.

krissy
09-07-2015, 07:45 PM
my ex wife used it to put me in compromising situations then i found out she told all my male and female friends about me dressing i lost all of them even my best friend he was like a big brother i never had.
when he asked if what he heard was true i couldn't lie i told him every thing cried he hugged me told me it didn't matter but lost him too!

TrishaTX
09-07-2015, 09:20 PM
If my wife became totally unaccepting ...it might...but it would hurt allot

Adelaide
09-07-2015, 10:15 PM
My wife tried on numerous occasions....but never succeeded! Unfortunately, she's still not accepting it....

Lily Catherine
09-07-2015, 11:34 PM
My parents definitely did, with 'promises' of a bleak future and a ruined life if I were out. As though, perhaps, I had something to lose once exposed as a crossdresser. They did ask if I was gay however. I still carry that fear in my purse, perhaps as part of a much larger defensive attitude to life.

I am now out to many friends, some of whom have already seen me dressed. I don't know what drove me to put myself in that vulnerable spot, but I did.

One event in particular - and not a very wise sequence of actions - of me frightening myself: undressing sensually in the pink fog, for no rational reason beyond the fetishistic effect. It simply felt disappointingly hollow, yet the truth was staring point blank at me: the stockings painfully masquerading as breasts, the tuck beneath my pantyhose, the inevitability of wearing a wig. It wasn't sexy in the slightest.

Dana44
09-08-2015, 01:28 AM
I would not dress around my sister. My ex wife told her I dressed and my sister hasn't talked to me for years. Now, my SO girlfriend is telling me again to cut my hair short. If I did that I said I wold need a wig. She said no way and if you want to be a man in a dress, look like it. Cracks are forming in this relationship. I am an androgynous person and switch to fem mode and male mode back and forth. Been male for three weeks straight. Flipped to female mode a couple days ago. Could not stand it any longer and dressed this morning with panties, shorts, yes my lady shorts, my fem tennis shoes and a male T-shirt. My SO has stated that she may go into a DADT relationship with me. Big cracks are forming. She tells me she loves me. Yet I have run from so many relationships if they cannot let me be me. I can tell you that it gets pretty lonely when you grow apart like that. If it does go into DADT relationship. I will indeed end this relationship. Life is too short not to enjoy it. I love women, but males are looking better. They don't play games. But they may not like one like me anyways. It is hard being this type of fluid gender bender and I've been pretty lonely most of my life.

Junius
09-08-2015, 11:56 AM
When I was little I became very vocal about wanting "girls" toss and clothes. I even wanted to be called by a more gender neutral name. My parents did such a great job raising me that it's taken 18 years to come full circle...

Since rediscovering this side if me, no, I haven't been scared away. I might be singing a different tune when I visit for Christmas though.

Alice Torn
09-08-2015, 05:04 PM
I had a very rough exchange with a lady i have know 35 years. She is quite well off, and know i have given much money to help others. This time i was asking her for help. She tore into me about not saving my money. And, then attacked me for buying dresses on ebay! I am low income, and cannot save more than pocket change, and i very seldom buy a cheap used dress on ebay, for a long time. I said, "Have a nice evening.", and hung up on her. I will never call her again, as she is a self righteious, lecturing hypocrite. I did not feel like dressing at all, for a day or two! A bit like Katey, here. If my sister, brothers or dad found out, they would make life far more difficult, than they already do. The church i have been with also would not allow me to attend , if the ministry knew. A few people do know. I have not attended for years now, but do agree with most of the teachings. I think my sister and mom knew about my dressing in their clothes, as a teen, and if she knew i still do, hell would break loose! Even worse is if my older twin brothers found out. Sometimes, i feel like a spy or secret agent, having to keep everthing secret, except on here.

Suzie Petersen
09-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Yes.

My wife finally had enough of it and explained in many details that if I did not stop, she was going to kill herself.

I believed her, so ... I stopped.

- Suzie

Sarah Doepner
09-08-2015, 11:50 PM
My mother tried to embarrass me out of crossdressing, kind of a passive-aggressive approach to keep me out of her closet I guess. But it didn't work and threats or something stronger may have helped her cause a bit more. Nothing stopped me, only delayed me from time to time.

L'eggs n' heels
09-08-2015, 11:54 PM
Many many people.

Katie01
09-09-2015, 01:19 AM
Only myself. When I was younger and DEEPLY closeted, I'd scare myself thinking about the consequences of getting caught. Thankfully with age came wisdom. I no longer worry.

AmandaM
09-09-2015, 01:31 AM
When I was about 5 my sister let me wear her panties. My dad was looking for us and found me. He busted my behind good. Then when I was older, a girlfriend told all my friends. I lost everyone. Not a word of kindness or compassion. Complete shunning. Frankly, I don't want any friends. Just my kids.

BLUE ORCHID
09-09-2015, 06:20 AM
Hi Aleca,, Nothing will scare me away from dressing, Not even your sister.:daydreaming:

Sandra119
09-09-2015, 08:02 AM
My wife did when she caught me and threatened to leave me so now I'm a secret crossdresser