PDA

View Full Version : little steps but loving it

chattaboxx
02-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi

I have posted before (just before christmas) about my little outings while dressed. At christmas time i didn't have such a good time out as i told you i think i was read by some girls in a shop and i know i should have thought "nothing lost" but it really made me lose all confidence in going out again dressed.

Over the last couple of weeks the urge has been there again and i thought i would give it another go. After seeing and reading a thread from Sherlyn about going out shopping (by the way Sherlyn you looked fantastic) i thought what the **** get out there girl. I have been out dressed the last couple of weeks loads of time but never ventured into the shops. Today i was going back in em !

The first shop was a little newspaper shop were i walked in feeling very nervous and picked up our local paper. Walked over to the pay desk and handed the money over, no problem...the lady didn;t even give me a second look. I then walked down to another shop after putting the paper back in my car, I checked my make up and walked straight in. I had even more confidence now as to get to this shop i had to walk past a group of teenage girls, they looked at me but carried on talking....i passed!

I went into the shop and looked at the magazines on the shelf. I picked "company" magazine and went to the till. I had to wait in line but had no problem with that. paid the lady and walked out...... i am now on cloud 9

I then thought i would try one more shop and went over to one of those mini markets and picked up a bottle water, went to the till and was served by a 18 - 19 year lad ...again no problem (the fact that he hardly looked up at me probably made it easier, i think i could have wore a monkey outfit and he wouldn't have noticed me)

So as you can tell i am happy, my confidence is returning and i hope to have a full day shopping soon. My next aim is to get back to buying clothes while dressed as louise.

I know for some of you, this is pretty much basic stuff but to me i have taken another important step.

Thank you for reading and i will let you know about my full day shopping when it happens

Louise
(chattaboxx)

cathy b
02-10-2006, 06:00 PM
way to go girl. glad to hear you are getting your confidence back and you should you look great.;)

Julie York
02-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Basic? You're joking!

I admire your commitment and desire to be true to yourself.

Good for you.

I do like the references to TEENAGE GIRLS that keep cropping up. I keep wanting to write a Stephen King type novel where teenage girls keep cropping up and the music goes to cello....Dan dan dan ddaaaaah dan dweeeeeeeeen!!!

OMG Teenage girls.

Which reminds me of a great new thread.....catch you later!

Julie Avery
02-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure if teenage girls make you faster than other people, or if they're just more expressive about it than other people who make you and just don't show it - especially when there's more than one of them in a posse. In any case, it's been my experience too that they will generally be the first to let you know you're not passing, or, if you're not trying to pass, that you're deliberately showing feminized features. It stands to reason, really - they're the people who are just mastering the various arts we're trying to employ to accentuate our femininity.

Carlacd
02-10-2006, 07:08 PM
:clap: :clap: Way to go Louise. Way ahead of me. My next step is to get another makeover in Las Vegas and go out. Hopefully with a dear friend from the forum.

Sophia Rearen
02-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Louise,
Way to go. It's not basic stuff. It takes a lot of courage to step out. It takes your stories, mine, and others to help us be ourselves with the world. You look very fem. Nice job.

Girly Sara
02-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Louise,

Thanks for posting this thread as i'm sure (me included) us girls appreciate your feedback as it gives the rest of us that haven't been out shopping enfemme a lift and a push in the right direction.

Well done girl! Keep up the good work!

Hugs from Sara xxxx

uknowhoo
02-10-2006, 08:04 PM
:clap: :clap: Oh Louise, what a wonderful report!! I am soo very happy for you, and proud of you too.;) It may be basic for a few gals here, but like them you are an inspiration to the rest of us. Thanks so much for sharing your outing with us. Big hugs, Tammi :clap: :clap:

Laurie Ann
02-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Louise what a great day for you it really is exhilirating to be out amongst the masses (except for teenage packs of girls) and feeling good about yourself. You go girl.

Jeri Rene
02-10-2006, 10:40 PM
I'm glad that your bad experience didn't keep you from going out again.
Your a very brave person. I'm not sure I would have been able to but then I don't look as good as you.

TGMarla
02-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Basic stuff? Well sure! Isn't it great? Just doing the basic stuff is the way most of us spend most of our time most every day! What you're saying is that you interacted with society on the most basic level, and got through it with no problems. No problems=flying colors! Good for you!

What's next, a coffee at Starbuck's? God! It'll be like rocket science! You have wings, my friend. Now fly!

Jennaie
02-10-2006, 11:37 PM
I am working very slow and hard on this issue. I have tired this in the past and failed. I felt so humiliated. I was so hurt that I quit for several years, I am finally taking a another look at it and trying to approach it from a diffferent angle. I am practicing to dress as a fifty year old woman rather than a 38 year old and although things are going slow, I know that I will get there. I want things to be perfect and I am taking my time to make them right this time. There is nothing so nice as to be validated as a woman in this.

Penny
02-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Good for you Louise
I remember when I first ventured out in public; It was buy and fly and especially being careful to not say a word. If you work at it, you can actually feel quite comfortable in public. If you keep things in perspective, you won't get humiliated or discouraged when someone makes you! First,
you have the right to dress anyway you want. If someone doesn't like it,
that's not your problem. Second, most people who you come in contact while dressed don't know you and those that do probably wouldn't recognize you unless you with someone you both knew. Finally, the more you go, the more you grow. So get out there; experience is best teacher!

Sharon
02-11-2006, 05:03 AM
Very cool, Louise! ;)

It's not basic stuff at all and takes a lot of resolve and courage to get out there again after a not too successful previous attempt. But it is so worth it! :)

ronda
02-11-2006, 06:36 AM
i want to thank you i am planning my first outing a week from today weather permiting. it helps to hear about success to find the courage to go out that first time thank you:bs:

Jasmine Ellis
02-11-2006, 07:40 AM
:thumbsup: Hi Louise, congratulations dear. You now know you past, that was a lot of courage to go out again after the last time. Way to go girl:clap: :clap:

Adele
02-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Fantastic!!!!

Hearing stories like yours gives the rest of us the encouragement we need.

Adele. xxx

Marlena Dahlstrom
02-11-2006, 11:13 AM
You go girl! :cheer:

As others have said, it's not "basic" stuff -- it's actually the first steps that are the hardest. The good news is that as you get some more "out and about" time, you'll be more relaxed and that helps with blending in as well. (If you're acting nervous that gets people's attention regardless of how you're dressed.)

As far as teenage girls, they tend to give everyone a lot more scrutiny, in part because they're learning about fashion and make-up themselves and because they also want to fit into the crowd. That typical teenage obsession with fitting in means they (and teenage boys) are more likely to make a scene in order to prove their "normality."

Vanessa Sheridan
02-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Just wanted to echo the comments of others: you look very fem, and you should be extremely proud of the courage it took to take that step. I've been going out publicly for several years now, and I believe that transpeople who take that first step to go out publicly are some of the bravest people in the world. I well remember how hard it was for me and how terrified I was on my first public excursion. Nevertheless, I did it and kept doing it. You can do that too.

Real courage isn't the absence of fear--real courage is when you're scared to death and you go ahead and do what you need to do anyway. Most folks, especially males, would never have the guts to do what we do: to overcome our internal fears and social conditioning, to face potential ridicule, to be who we are despite society's misunderstanding and condemnation, and to express ourselves freely and with integrity. Good for you! Be proud, be brave, and let the world come to know the beautiful person you are.

Vanessa

Petrina CD
02-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Lions and tigers and teenage girls , Oh my.......

chattaboxx
02-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi

I have pm as many as i could but i would like to thank you all for your kind words.

Hope to speak to you all soon

Louise
(Chattaboxx)