PDA

View Full Version : An evening of memories

Shelby
02-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Some of you may recall me talking in some posts about my upcoming theater event in which I play a woman. This of course is an excellent opportunity to let Shelby out to play with society under the guise of acting and no one thought the wiser. (oh and this thread may be a little long, but it should be good and will have pics, so read on). Well after getting dressed and made up by our theater's makeup lady I had to drive a mile to the restuarant. This was a challenge since I'm wearing a corset. We were getting a new snowfall, so walking in heels across a unplowed parking lot in the cold was a new experience for me. I definitely turned some heads when I walked in.

As for the event, since this was all improv and my character was somewhat stifled by lack of connections with other characters I made the most of the evening though. Now it is safe to say that everyone in the room pretty much new I was a guy. Yet one man kept staring at me, I took the opportunity to inform his wife of his wandering eye. Another older man seemed quite uncomfortable towards me whenever I was near. His buddy and the wives found this to be funny. I couldn't tell if he just was simply uncomfortable or was acting this way, but secretly was hoping for some interaction. I took a chance and started winking at him, I even pretended to trip and fall into him from behind. He was laughing at this, but the others were really enjoying this moment. Other people, guys in particular were very forward, flirty and willing to engage in the spirit of the show with me. The rules are that since we are in character, they must interact with us in our characters, so I was treated like a lady by all.

On an embarressing note, I realized that my manliness was making an impromtu appearence from beneath my dress. So much for the gaff, but thank god for the purse. I went the ladies room, waited in line, chatted with the other gg's then went in to the stall to arrange myself.

All in all, it was a great night out. Some people actually thought I had implant surgery. One lady thought I was a guy, but then heard me sing and decided I was a girl. A lot of people talked with me afterwards commenting on my bravery, wardrobe and physical look and were amazed at what I used to acheive the look. My coworkers knew about this, so today I took pictures in and they enjoyed looking at the pics. So without further adew, you can now see Shelby for the first time.

I will be posting a thread in the lounge regarding a an additional story that involves an old highschool classmate that I met there that night and am seeking some advice. I am posting it there soon, but felt that it veers off of what this page is meant for. So please read my thread in the lounge coming soon, She didn't know me until tonight.

Shelby

Lissa Stevens
02-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Very nice Shelby. I am so happy for you that you got to enjoy some Shelbty time. You are very pretty and I'm sure you did turn some heads.

Julie York
02-10-2006, 06:46 PM
The pictures look really nice.

Who is worshipping at your feet in the last photo?!:D

Obviously not a heckler.

Carlacd
02-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Sounds like you had a great night. Thanks for the story and look forward to the one in the lounge. The pics are awesome by the way.

Shelby
02-10-2006, 07:49 PM
that's not a heckler, no. That is our costume lady rebuckling my shoes since It is hard for me to bend over while wearing a corset.

SherriePall
02-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Shelby -- You're one lucky lady. To be able to be out and yet not raising any flags about being CD (did anyone suspect?). And to say that you look lovely would be an understatement. I'm glad the show went well.

Laurie Ann
02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Shelby lovely story and the pics are fantastic. The wardrobe lady huh I agree with Julie it must be an adoring fan bowing at a beautiful women. I love your smile it really enhances your beauty.

TGMarla
02-10-2006, 10:51 PM
You know what? You look as good or better than a whole lot of girls. That dress is really pretty. I'll bet you felt like a million bucks in it. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Pretty lady!

Shelby
02-11-2006, 11:16 AM
That dress was made by the lady kneeling at my feet. She is or theater companies costume person. She had made it for a previous show. It felt good to where, it had some stretch in it, easy to pull on, light and covered all the right places. The gal who previously wore that dress was in this mystery show as well and commented that I looked better in it then she did. I don't know about that. Another girl in this mystery show, loves this dress and kept looking at it. I told her I borrow it to her as well as anything else I'm wearing if she needed it. I think she was just trying to get into my dress though.

Denise01
02-11-2006, 12:12 PM
That is fantastic Shelby and so glad you had a good time.

The pictures are great, and i just wish i could look half as good as you did in them. Really loved the dress , it seems as it was made especially for you.

Look forward to hearing from you as to how it went at work when you showed them the pictures

Denise

Shelby
02-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Well, I showed my coworkers my pics from the mystery event and they all loved it. I work in a grocery store, so there are plentyof people to show and I was quite proud to show all. I'd approach some and ask if they'd like to see a pic of my new girlfriend -many feel for this and stared at the pic like a monkey doing a math problem then would comment that looks like a guy right? Starting tomorrow, I replace our pricing coordinator for 4 weeks while she is on vacation. Someone suggested that since she has red hair, that I should wear my red wig while in the office as a way to help everyone transition from seeing her to seeing me. It is a matter of irony that I actually happen to have a red wig of course. Everyone has been getting a real hoot from the pics and have congratulated me on my bravery. Some of the hot girls in the store even gave me favorable commments too. Oh this is so much fun. A good gg friend of mine inthe Bakery asked me how to apply false eyelashes since she has never done so and if it hurts to remove them. OMG, I'm giving beauty advice to gg's, how cool is this! And thanks to those who have offered me your advice in the Lounge thread called She didn't know me until tonight, still accepting more advice, but I plan on taking action soon so read all about it over there.

Shelby

JoanneThomas
02-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Shelby, your post just caught my eye this evening and it has been such fun to read all your posts surrounding your appearance in the local murder mystery as a young woman. The pictures you showed were a great example of how much fun local theater can be.

I wonder if others of this group have had a chance to express their crossdressing while on stage? I was recently lucky enough to be able to play in 'Looking for Normal' in a community production and it was great fun. No pictures though--way too busy just concentrating on my lines!

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure with us.

Joanne Thomas