PDA

View Full Version : Wig shopping

DeeNile
09-08-2015, 07:42 PM
I recently got my courage together and went wig shopping. I have to say, I was not eager to get one. However, now that I have a wig, I have to admit, it takes my image to the next level. I went to a local wig shop. I had about forty five minutes to kill until I had an appointment with my therapist, which I am usually dressed and sometimes wearing makeup as well. For those wondering, I was wearing a solid black maxi skirt, black flip flops and makeup. My top was the reddish orange shirt in my profile picture. This image was a selfie I took while trying on different wigs. This was the winning one. This event was a couple of firsts for me. One was shopping while dressed in public and the other was sharing the selfies I had taken. I was texting the images to my wife for her opinion. She has seen me in various stages of dressing, but seeing a complete package like this, even if it was just a photo, was HUGE. A third first would be to share this image with the Internet. I have never shared a face image of my feminine self, but this must be what acceptance feels like. If you had told me in early February when I joined, that I would have come so far in this bizarre journey in such a short time, I would have been skeptical. I apologize for the long, somewhat rambling note, but for those that are deep in the closet, it gets better. Twelve years ago, this was a private activity that NOBODY knew of and I was taking it to my grave. My wife has known about this since shortly after we began dating (3/2007), but it wasn't talked about. We have been married since 3/2011 but until this year, it was rarely brought up, for the most part, it was DADT type of situation.

Dee

Samantha2015
09-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Hi Dee, thanks for sharing your story. Having a good wig makes an amazing difference.
I can't believe I kept the one crappy wig I had for the first 20+ years of my dressing.
Love the one I have now.
Congrats on getting out while dressed.
This time last year I would have never imagined joining a site like this, let alone posting pictures,
when nobody had ever seen my feminine side. I've made some real good friends here
and it is great just to have someone who understands how you feel.

JenniferLynn0370
09-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Congrats Dee; that takes a lot of courage! You go girl! :)

Sarah Doepner
09-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Dee, the first time I put that wig on my head I almost couldn't breathe. The difference was astonishing and is still the final touch of magic when I dress. It sounds like you are moving forward full throttle with the support of your wife and the guidance of a counselor. Best of luck.

Candice June Lee
09-09-2015, 05:18 AM
Hi Dee, looks good. Many firsts come and go. Glad you are enjoying it. Now off to the dress Barn enfem.

BLUE ORCHID
09-09-2015, 06:13 AM
Hi Dee Nile, I always plan on spending at least one & a half hours in the wig store.:daydreaming:

Krisi
09-09-2015, 07:22 AM
Hair is a woman's "crowning glory". Putting on my first wig was a big thrill for me and it totally took away the guy in the mirror.

It did take a few tries before I got one that I really like and I like it so much I bought a spare when they went on sale.

On a related note, there seems to be a style among some middle aged black women in the USA to wear their hair very short, almost in a crew cut. There's probably a message behind it but I expect it will go away soon.

bridget thronton
09-09-2015, 09:25 AM
very nice - thanks for sharing