PDA

View Full Version : How come I can't?

Allisa
09-09-2015, 10:07 AM
I wear my genie bra with vanity inserts and they give me a size A breast and that is barely noticeable when wearing my V neck female T shirts and other tops, I go out dressed totally en femme and every were in between in front of the neighbors so they know about me but for some reason I can't seem to go out in my yard in a skirt and hang up my clothes to dry, I line dry my skirts and tops in full view for all to see but I change to genes to do this chore still keeping my top the same. I put on my male genes to do this job and automatically felt strange to the fit and how they hung on me, now I wear them to do the dirty, rough, nasty jobs and for work but I wear skirts at home just can't seem to go out on my own property wearing them, always wear jewelry and some femme clothes and shoes but this skirt thing has me flustered, it's like when I first started to dress on a regular basis and feared being seen. My window treatments are always open and I answer the door with out changing but this thing about skirts. I mean I've fallen in love with skirts and wear them whenever possible they are just so freeing. And as any one who knows my skirts are longer because of my legs. I hope this doesn't happen when it's legging season because I've got some patterned ones that are just dying to be seen. Any thoughts on my problem?

Stephanie47
09-09-2015, 10:17 AM
This appears to be a minor problem not worthy of any counseling! :)

Heck, if your neighbors know you wear feminine attire, and, you answer the door en femme???? Perplexing! I'd say just force yourself to hang your laundry in a skirt. Any possibility when you were growing up a female did the same which made an subconscious imprint on you? Maybe, next time you need to hang the tops and skirts on the line, you should lock all the jeans in the trunk of your car before starting the laundry.

Krisi
09-09-2015, 11:06 AM
None of us can tell you why you can't bring yourself to go out in a skirt. It's some sort of mental hang up in your mind. Obviously, you don't care what your neighbors think or you wouldn't be wearing bras and breast forms so all I can say is, just do it. Put on your skirt and walk out the door.

Jaylyn
09-09-2015, 11:12 AM
I think it's an Allisa thing. Just do it....

BLUE ORCHID
09-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Hi Allisa, Have you noticed any of your neighbors having a hot pot of tar and a big box of feathers next to their pitch forks ???

pamela7
09-09-2015, 12:55 PM
as a meditation, prepare to go out to hang the landry to dry, stop and notice where you feel the fear in your body, then keep asking what's inside the fear (and inside the answers) and it will dissoive.

xxx

Rhonda Jean
09-09-2015, 01:03 PM
I'll bet all of us have a line we just can't cross. I certainly do. It's different for everybody. You've crossed more lines than most. Not that it's a competition. With me, those lines change. Sometimes one goes away only to appear somewhere else. It's not worth worrying about. When you want to do it, you will. If you never do it's not a big deal.

Tracii G
09-09-2015, 02:16 PM
My neighbors have seen me in skirts plenty of times and its a non issue.
The first time was a mistake on my part and I thought OMG I'm caught but the neighbor lady said thats a cute skirt and top and looks good on you.
After that I realized what I wore made no difference at all to them.

Teresa
09-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Allisa,
I didn't intend to do it but I forgot to water my flower tubs and some at the far end of the garden are in full view of neighbours , I was wearing a skirt Tshirt with forms and heels but without thinking I found I was at the top of the garden watering away, when I looked up I realised what I'd done but dam it it was too late I was in full view so what I wasn't going to try and run in heels with two watering cans !!

Sarah Doepner
09-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Don't worry. It's very likely that as you are looking at this "problem" you have been taking small steps in some other and equally important direction. We get focused on things we feel we can't accomplish and in the meantime have done amazing things we never thought we could do. Step back and see where you are making progress or changing in ways you want. Eventually all that other stuff will add up and you will be out and about in a skirt, or you may decide it's not worth the worry and will be comfortable anyway.

Debra Russell
09-09-2015, 05:55 PM
No one really cares - just do it and the burden will be lifted......................................Debra

jenniferinsf
09-09-2015, 07:20 PM
i agree with debra...i was so scared the first time that i wore a skirt in public (went grocery shopping at safeway) but everyone was so nice. i asked for help in finding something, i stood in line, i wheeled my cart...no one really cared...it was so liberating and gave me the confidence to continue to do it.
jennifer

bridget thronton
09-10-2015, 01:11 AM
As many folks have said - people who do not know you may not care and people you know you and like you will likely accept you