PDA

View Full Version : Are you pretty?

Wendrme
09-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Maybe we hate to admit it, but a lot of us "gurls", myself included, just are not conventionally femininely pretty. No matter how hard we try.
How important is it to you that you, as a woman, be considered "pretty"?
Make up and clothes can give us the regalia of femininity, but are we striving to attain the basic "pretty" appellation that puts the stamp of approval on our hobby?
If you are able to attain real prettiness as a woman, do you think you feel differently than the CD'er who even MAC can't help?
Lot of questions but let's do one more.
If you can't attain real feminine prettiness, do you think any less of yourself as a woman and do you think others dismiss you more easily as the woman you want to be?

Candice June Lee
09-11-2015, 07:21 AM
At times usually after a day or two from the pictures I don't see the prettiness that u though I saw when I took the pick. But we all hold ourselves in a different light than what others see. I feel I need lots of work. But some others may see that differently.

Kate Simmons
09-11-2015, 07:26 AM
I put my best foot forward to look decent en femme. As to whether I look pretty, I leave for others to decide. :battingeyelashes::)

Meghan4now
09-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Wendy,

I can do ok, and once in a while I am truly happy with the results. I am not drop dead gorgeous, but I don't think I'm repugnant either. I've never had aan overly positive self image, so it's hard for me to say. When I had my makeover, I felt that I really was pretty. Part of it was good art, including technical skill and good sense of color and balance. Part of it was attitude and openness to perception. There's an old saying "pretty is as pretty does"

Also it is good to keep a couple of other things in mind. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My wife has a worse self image than I do. And sure there are some less optimal features, but I can still look at her and see beauty. Our image of beauty is hugely affected by mass marketing and post production. How many supermodels say that when they look in the mirror, they don't see the image that they see in the magazine?

While I want to present as best as I can, I'm happy just to do an acceptable job, and get out. And when I go out, I want to feel free enough to laugh and talk and have a good time. What's the use in getting dressed, just to huddle silently in a corner, hunched over and afraid.

kimdl93
09-11-2015, 07:57 AM
I'm certainly not pretty. Would I like to be...sure. But not every woman is pretty, petite or young. Yet they are women who can carry themselves with dignity and are worthy of respect. I hope to do the same.

Krisi
09-11-2015, 08:00 AM
At my age I'm a bit old to be "pretty". The best I can hope for is "classy" or "attractive". From a distance, I can be those. Up close, I doubt it but I would have to get an outside opinion. An honest one.

Angela Marie
09-11-2015, 08:00 AM
People tell me that I am. Are they telling me the truth or just being polite and not wanting to hurt my feelings? If I am fine, if not fine also. Being a nice person is more important than being a pretty person.

laurenp245
09-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Pretty is such a subjective term. When I put forth the effort to get ready, get my outfit right and do a kick butt job on my makeup... I feel pretty for sure! It's more of an internal feeling of prettiness, I feel pretty because I've brought Lauren out into the world once again to say hello and that is a beautiful thing. As far as the outward appearance of pretty, I'd have to leave that to others to worry about. I'd only hope that some of those wonderfully powerful pretty feelings from inside make their way to the surface for all to see. I think that because we are all doing something that makes us happy, and expressing ourselves in a most genuine way that it makes us all supermodels!

<3 Lauren

Nikki A.
09-11-2015, 08:19 AM
Like Kristi, I don't think I'm "pretty" but if I can achieve classy or at least passable I'm happy. What makes me happiest is when other women complement or say that they are jealous of my makeup. But then I realize it takes me an hour + and they maybe take 10 minutes and they still look so much better,

Samantha2015
09-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Hi Wendy, I've always had low self esteem in my male life.
Others say I make a pretty gal and for me that's amazing and I hope it's true.
As a male I'm just average looking (maybe less) and it seems women always
ignore me at least where romance is concerned.
Maybe that's why it's so important for me to make a good looking gal, or try
my hardest anyway. It makes me feel good to look good.
I don't think CDing ever leaves you completely so as I get older
I'm sure I'll continue to dress I just hope the self esteem doesn't fail in
the female mode.

bridget thronton
09-11-2015, 08:40 AM
I prefer to think of inner beauty and I have learned to see beauty in all people

ronny0
09-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Smart aws answer, but Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Also Beauty comes with a price http://blog.ted.com/6-talks-on-beauty/
My answer for myself would be something approaching "Only my Mother would think I was 'pretty' ".
Though my GF complements me, and after a few drinks I can look in the mirror and not see much of the 'guy' looking back.
Youth has a lot to do with the ability to be what society considers Attractive / Pretty.

Ceera
09-11-2015, 09:04 AM
When I first started really trying to present as female, I didn't have much hope for getting any higher than 'reasonably passable and pleasant looking'. When you look at genetic females, there's an amazing range of appearance, and a significant portion of them wouldn't qualify as 'pretty' - yet that doesn't make them any less female, or any less of a good person. I think that should apply to all of us TG/TS girls as well. Society's standards for what is 'pretty' are fairly arbitrary, and are not possible to attain for many ladies who have been female from birth. So it shouldn't bother those of us who strive to be female, if we also have issues matching that often unattainable goal.

On the other hand, it's certainly fun trying to look my best! I've tried to learn as much as I can about using cosmetics to improve my feminine presentation, and I think it's working better than I could have hoped for. When presenting as a woman, it's not at all uncommon for me to be complemented by strangers on how pretty or beautiful I am. I get a lot more complements as a woman than I do as a man, even compared to when I am trying my best as a man. Even in the professional opinion of the cosmetologists at Sephora, they think I look great and present myself well. I still have a lot to learn about makeup application - especially for doing my eyes, but I have the basics down pretty well, it seems. Most people also guess Ceera's age as being at least 20 years younger than my real age, which is an incredible ego boost. I can walk through a mall or a grocery store and no one reacts at all adversely to my appearance - they don't seem to notice that I'm TG at all, and almost always treat me like a lady. For me, that's success. I don't so much care if they realize I wasn't born female, as long as most of the time they treat me like a lady when I'm presenting as a female.

I have no illusions about attaining the full "pretty girl" image our society tries to hold women to. Most real women can't match that standard either. But I do like to think that I am more attractive than a lot of real women out there, and among the TG/TS ladies that I have met in person, I'd say I am easily in the top third in terms of how 'pretty' and passable I am.

Kaze_
09-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Na,

My face shape is wrong, my skin is bad, and my back is wide.

With a few photo tricks and many hours of trail and error....

Laurana
09-11-2015, 09:17 AM
I'm more cute than pretty.

I'm also who Carly Simon was singing about ;)

rockerreds
09-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes.I am told that I am.

Julie Denier
09-11-2015, 09:47 AM
I can do ok, and once in a while I am truly happy with the results. I am not drop dead gorgeous, but I don't think I'm repugnant either.

While I want to present as best as I can, I'm happy just to do an acceptable job ...

I guess that pretty much says it for me. Considering what I have to start with, I think I do OK. Makes me feel good, anyway ;)

Jenniferathome
09-11-2015, 09:55 AM
In the cold light of day? Well, in any light actually, no, I am decidedly not pretty. My wife thinks I am a handsome man and as a result, she says that when in Jennifer mode, I am good looking, "but... still off in a way." Makes sense, I am a man after all. Perhaps I am a handsome woman? I wonder what that means.

Tracii G
09-11-2015, 10:08 AM
I showed my ex wife a pic of me and several ladies from my trans group and she honestly thought I was dating one of the women and asked why I wasn't in the pic.
I told her I was in the pic and she said "no way". It took her a minute and she figured out which one I was and told me "you make a very attractive woman".
Do I think I'm pretty? No not really.

Lily Catherine
09-11-2015, 10:26 AM
That's dangerously subjective. Male mode I'm probably average at best. I still look younger than I am. Which isn't too good. I actually think I look a little older en femme. Least of my worries.

Being passable proper, let alone pretty, is a totally different ball game, however. Of course I wish to seize the day and try to look as pretty - and indeed sexy - as plausible. But that is for others to decide, and beyond my agency. If I were to be honest, as long as I look natural I'm satisfied.

paulaprimo
09-11-2015, 10:50 AM
i don't think i'm pretty
and i don't think i'm ugly,
so i must be pretty ugly... :D

in all honesty, i think i'm just ok. i have received many nice compliments when
i have been out but i don't really take compliments well. i never know if they
are truly being honest or just being polite. :)

Allisa
09-11-2015, 10:52 AM
NO,I try to take off the male edges and present as natural as possible in femme mode, I'm not trying to fool anyone that I am a "pretty" woman, just possibly a female with more masc. features,and if need be a more femme male in less masc. clothing. I believe actions speak louder than words anyway so if my actions are femme, and my mind is femme I am a "pretty" woman.

Stephanie47
09-11-2015, 10:56 AM
I do not consider myself "pretty" at all. I am an aging male who loves to wear women's clothing. As a youth or young man with wavy blond hair I was "pretty" or at least attractive. I use to get honks on the horn when strolling in a red dress and heels. The wrinkles of time have taken their toll. However, for my size and build I have maintained a good weight. If I was not so tall I would appear to be the woman I feel needs to break out sometimes. I remember how my grandmothers looked at the age I am now. I wear stylish clothes that a woman in her forties would wear.

I'm always amazed by the necessity to equate femininity with prettiness. I guess with my years of being a human I really do not think in terms of masculinity and femininity. I really love donning a pretty dress, heels and hosiery,proper undergarments and wig. But after all is in place I really do not feel any different than if I was in my favorite cutoff well worn jeans, white vee neck tee shirt and barefooted as I go about doing domestic chores.

Jodi
09-11-2015, 10:58 AM
I go with what gg's have told me. Many of them have complimented me on my appearance and told me I make an attractive woman. They tell me that I present well with fashion, gestures and body language.
I don't see it when I look in the mirror, but the opinion of gg's, especially ones I know well, mean a lot.

Jodi

Amy Fakley
09-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Prettier than when I'm in guy mode! <rimshot>

Seriously, I guess I'm a universally objective sense, I definitely am not. Anyone seeing me on the street from a distance might think so ... until they got a little closer LOL.

But whatever! As everyone else has said ... the world is literally full to the brim with women who are not objectively pretty in a universal sense. This doesn't prevent them from proudly unfurling their fabulousness into the world, and it shouldn't stop us either. All of us are beautiful in our own way, and no one should ever be ashamed to show that.

Ninna
09-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Well I don't really know, I preffer that the other people say such a things about me. by myself Im ok becouse when I put on me a cute panties and hose, I feel pretty even when I don't really know if I am. but the important thing its what I feel.

IamWren
09-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Maybe we hate to admit it, but a lot of us "gurls", myself included, just are not conventionally femininely pretty. No matter how hard we try.
How important is it to you that you, as a woman, be considered "pretty"?
I haven't had the opportunity to try and do full on makeup, hide a beard shadow nor do I have a proper wig so I don't know if I'm pretty or not. And I'm sure this will sound superficial but when I dress I really, really WANT to be pretty. I saw another thread where members said the first time they wore a wig they saw their mother or sister in the reflection of the mirror. My sisters are very attractive. And I'm not saying that just because they are my sisters. I mean they are by any conventional measure very, very pretty women. I don't know if I would look like them but if I was half as attractive as they are when i dress I think that would lump me in the pretty pile and I would be quite happy with that outcome. I don't think I will be very pretty but it is pretty important to me. I want to be. There... I said it.

.... are we striving to attain the basic "pretty" appellation that puts the stamp of approval on our hobby?
If I could see myself in the mirror as pretty... yes, it would give me a stamp of approval and perhaps even the courage to someday tell my SO. With the right outfit, boobs put in the right spots, camera angle, tummy sucked in, my head cropped out and the right lighting... I think I have a somewhat pretty figure. So maybe that's a third of a stamp of approval. :)

If you can't attain real feminine prettiness, do you think any less of yourself as a woman and do you think others dismiss you more easily as the woman you want to be?
Not only do I think others would dismiss me but I think they would label me creepy, weird guy in a dress. I'm certain my SO would. We had a discussion a couple of nights ago and she said some things that were very surprising given her self-described liberal mindset, which I've discovered over the years isn't all that open minded. She said some rather backward thinking things about transgendered people in general. It was upsetting to say the least.

Joanne108
09-11-2015, 01:12 PM
I don't go out as much dressed as I used to. Sometimes I'd get complements sometimes not. Overall I think I am when I'm done getting dressed and look in the mirror and see my reflection - rarely do I think I look pretty enough for the outside world.

Brandy Mathews
09-11-2015, 01:13 PM
I think that there are some very pretty ladies in here.I look at some of your pictures and hope that I look as good as them. I have been told by other girls that I am passable, I really disagree. That is so hard to do. And passale to me is being able to go anywhere, do anything without anyone knowing at all that I am a male. If I could do that, I would do it every chance that I could. I am a whole different person when I am in female mode, I have a lot softer side, look at things so much differently, like a female and I really do enjoy that. If society was not so mean, I would wake up every morning, take y bubble bath, shave, apply my makeup, go into my closet and pick out the dress and shoes for the day. I will probably never transition, but I have to admit that it enters my mind a lot. Guess time will tell.
Hugs,
Bree :)

AllieSF
09-11-2015, 01:19 PM
As others have said the term "pretty" is very subjective. I do the best I can with what I have and can buy/apply. When I go out I like how I look and feel. That is more than enough for me to feel satisfied. Then when someone compliments me on some specific aspect of my presentation or make a blanket statement like I am so beautiful, that is very special. I always take their comments as a truthful compliment that does not necessarily mean what it sounds like. I get that I have done a wonderful job in presenting myself as a woman, and probably my happy, positive and outgoing personality has something to do with their comments.

heatherdress
09-11-2015, 02:58 PM
I don't think I look pretty - but I feel pretty. And sexy. And happy.

I look in the mirror and like what I see, maybe not beautiful or pretty, but me, dressed and made up the way I want to be

ReineD
09-11-2015, 03:52 PM
I will respond from the point of view of being the onlooker.

I tend to not associate attractiveness with one gender more than another. By this, I mean that both men and women can have attractive faces, due to facial symmetry, the proportion of individual features, things like is the nose a good size and is it straight, engaging smiles, clear eyes, etc. And if a CDer is attractive as a male, then his face will be attractive as a female.

For example, look at this CDer or TS here (http://imgur.com/a/LY9vn) - this person is hugely attractive (it's good to be young :)) although you can tell they are birth-male.

You ask if being attractive helps others to approve of CDers. (You said, "pretty" and by this I wonder if you mean, "passing as a woman".) Speaking as someone who is supportive, to me it doesn't matter what a person looks like. I will be supportive, whether a CDer passes or blends in as a woman or not. I may think that some people are more physically attractive than others (since we all run the gamut on the human attractiveness scale) but this does not affect how much I support, esteem, or like a person. I rather base my opinions of the relationships I have with people on how well I get along with them.

Katey888
09-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Bingo 1:

I don't think I look pretty - but I feel pretty. And sexy. And happy.

I look in the mirror and like what I see, maybe not beautiful or pretty, but me, dressed and made up the way I want to be

I want to feel those things. :)

Bingo 2:

That's dangerously subjective.

In fact it's totally subjective too... One can really only answer from one's own frame of reference...

Soooo... How important? Pretty important... :lol2:

Is it a stamp of approval? Is it for a GG? Same for us...

Can we be dismissed because of others subjectivity and prejudices? Yeah - but who gives a shit what prejudiced, subjective, opinionated others think... :tongueout:

[Exits right humming "... it's alarming how charming I feel, and so pretty, that I hardly can believe I'm real.... La-la-la la, la la la-la.." ;)]

Katey x

Melanie 0339
09-11-2015, 06:06 PM
I don't think i'm pretty but I feel pretty which is good enough for me xxx

Ally 2112
09-11-2015, 06:10 PM
I feel pretty inside which helps alot :)

Debi
09-11-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't think that anyone would describe me as pretty.... but I'd happily go for being an 'ordinary girl' ... unfortunately, I am too tall to totally pass, but I try my best. It's important to me to be as pretty and convincing as I can be, no matter how much I may miss the mark x

ShayLeigh Dominique
09-11-2015, 06:44 PM
For me it isn't about "pretty" or not. It's about being more whole in myself. Which is its own sort of attractive. Because you can attract and not be "pretty". Just as you can be "pretty" and a repulsive human being simultaneously.

BLUE ORCHID
09-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Hi Wendy, Like they always say, :love: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

heatherdress
09-11-2015, 07:21 PM
"... are we striving to attain the basic "pretty" appellation that puts the stamp of approval on our hobby?..."

I don't think being pretty puts a stamp of approval on our hobby - crossdressing. Maybe being pretty enables "passing", but that would still not equate to approval. Unfortunately, regardless of how pretty we look, or how well-attired we are, some people will not accept us, simply because we crossdress.

If someone knows we are a crossdresser, and accepts us for who we are, it is not because of how we look, pretty, ugly or pretty ugly.

vicky77
09-11-2015, 07:22 PM
I don't really know but I feel pretty and happy...even when I realize that I could be more feminine!!

suchacutie
09-11-2015, 07:34 PM
ok...prettier than in guy mode, but my wife made it clear to me from the start that I would never be a "small" girl, so just get over that and move on. My wife is a realist and after that "pretty" was never an issue. My wife thinks Tina is "sweet" and that always makes my day!

flatlander_48
09-11-2015, 08:54 PM
With an allowance for round off error and sprinkled liberally with Kentucky Windage, well yeah, almost, sort of...

DeeAnn

steftoday
09-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Oh, don't I wish...

Sara Jessica
09-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Pretty? Why not???

Is it somehow conceited that when we do everything we can to accentuate our positives and minimize our negatives that the end result is actually pretty?

I do the best I can. I try to be the best I can be when out & about. I feel pretty. I've been accused of being pretty. I really don't feel like being self-deprecating and saying otherwise. After all, this is consistent with the goal of many of us, to look and feel as pretty as we are able to muster?

Some say self-confidence is the key to passing. I say it is the key to being comfortable in your skin, the world be damned. Kind of like thinking "bet you wish your girlfriend was hot like me" when getting that sneer from Muggle-dude who is certain to have nasty thoughts at 2:00 a.m. Half tongue-in-cheek for sure but seriously, what is the use of going out if we aren't prepared to absolutely own it?

<end/rant>

Robin414
09-12-2015, 12:02 AM
How important is it to me individually? Wow, talk about opening up to the group! I like Jack White "you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too"...A thought..
to be 'pretty' you have to sacrifice being 'handsome' and vice versa....or do you? If I were TG, it would be very important, hands down! As a CD, I wouldn't want to give up being handsome 99% of the time for being pretty 1% of the time...but then how about Jamie Lee Curtis and Andrej Pejic??

ReineD
09-12-2015, 01:04 AM
to be 'pretty' you have to sacrifice being 'handsome' and vice versa....or do you?

I don't think so. The most attractive men make the most attractive women. Look at how Cait Jenner used to look. :daydreaming:

And picture a lot of these men (google isn't perfect) with no facial hair, thinner eyebrows, wigs and makeup:
https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+face+men&es_sm=91&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CB4QsARqFQoTCOSbqZXp8McCFQHXHgod4hsB-w&biw=1193&bih=724#tbm=isch&q=beautiful+men

(Don't look at the pecks. It makes it more difficult to concentrate on the face). :)

Adriana Moretti
09-12-2015, 03:26 AM
my favorite pic

Marcelle
09-12-2015, 05:49 AM
Hi Stephanie,

I live about 70 percent of my time as a woman and that includes at work. I travel on public transit, interact daily with people at work and while out and about. I have had to come to the acceptance that I am by no stretch of an bizzaro imagination fooling anyone. The kid ain't pretty and I am sure people see a guy in a dress only. However, it is me and I have come to accept that. Am I pretty? Well I can only think of one compliment (off handed as it was) when I a friend of mine (very alpha male dude) met me for the first time (dressed as a woman), his response . . . Well, you are not hideous . . . sounds kind of harsh but coming from a guy who is very manly man, I'll take it as a compliment :).

Cheers

Isha

Sarah-RT
09-12-2015, 06:02 AM
Some days when I dress I "nail" it and think I look great while others I feel like a dreadful drag act.
I like how you used the term pretty, I aim for pretty or cute rather than sexy

Connie61
09-12-2015, 07:11 AM
I am a big person. But every opportunity I get to dress I feel pretty and wonderful inside. I love those feelings

Debb
09-12-2015, 07:18 AM
Big people can be beautiful, too. Just sayin'.

As for me .. I have long ago accepted that I am not "pretty", that who I see in the mirror isn't the same person that others see. I've learned, though, to work with what I've got (not saying I do a great job of it). I see a lot of gals on here that say they're not pretty, and of course their profile pics tell an entirely different story .. now I know pictures can lie, but still, not one of you is unattractive.

michelleddg
09-12-2015, 08:16 AM
When I look in the mirror I see Marilyn Monroe looking back at me. And, I couldn't care in the slightest when others look at me they see Alice Cooper :-) Hugs, Michelle

Sarah Doepner
09-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Nice people will look at me and tell me I'm pretty when I get all made up and properly decorated with shapers, clothing and accessories. They may go as far as telling me that I 'sort of' pass. I look at the photos and mirrors and understand it's an Einsteinien relativity kind of pretty. Compared to my guy mode, yep I'm pretty. Compared to most women, I'm not so much and with any attention don't fool anybody into believing I'm female. I can pick out a half dozen photos where I look feminine and maybe even pretty, but that's out of a thousand others.

Given that, I go for the best I can do and try to feel the best I can.

daviolin
09-12-2015, 11:39 AM
No I don't think I am pretty in the true sense of a woman. But hey, I' am a man genetically, so I'm not what you would call pretty. When I do photoshoots, I pick and chose for the right picture. I try to find the prettiest one. But out and about I'm sure I don't fill the bill as pretty. I really don't care. I think I can be pretty on the inside, and that has to count for something. Daviolin

LaSirenaBella
09-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Is it important to me? I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. Being pretty helps me navigate in the world.

For what and who I am, I think I am. But also, beauty also comes from within: the confidence, a sense of dignity and elegance, even if I'm presenting casual. I guess it also helps that my maternal genes age on the slower side.

Kandi Robbins
09-12-2015, 01:29 PM
I am pretty. Not because anyone said so, not because I'm fooling anyone, not because of how I look.

I am pretty because I am me when dressed, some one who likes presenting myself in this fashion and makes an effort to do so with some class and dignity and am open and honest with those I come in contact with. No way I could smile as much as I do if I weren't. There are many definitions of pretty, am I a pretty woman? Heck no. Am I a pretty man? Certainly not. Am I a pretty CD? I'd like to think so.

We all just have to love ourselves and we all deserve to be happy, pretty.

Alice Torn
09-12-2015, 01:56 PM
I am like Krisi, on this one, not so much pretty, as dressing classy, and a bit attractive, at best.

Robyn2006
09-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Well, I do try to be pretty! But these days it takes so much more time than when I was younger, back when I had long hair, youthful skin, when just a filled bra, a little mascara and a few strokes of lipstick did the trick. Now it takes hours!!! Of course, I do love working towards my best and thinking I can still look pretty good if I put in the time. Regardless, I'm still a far more attractive as a woman than I am as a man.

Always loved and can so relate to what Michelle Pfeiffer once said when asked for her best beauty tip: "Good lighting." :battingeyelashes:

abby054
09-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Nope. Homely as a mud fence, as my Dad used to say. Both modes--homme and femme. But the clothes look and feel awesome!

Aleca
09-12-2015, 04:58 PM
I am beautiful. I might not be perfect inside and out but I do say I am beautiful.

Lori Kurtz
09-12-2015, 06:42 PM
"Pretty" was never what I was going for. "Sexy" was my goal. After years of practice, I achieved it--not just for my own eyes at home, but also for some limited exposure outdoors. And it was thrilling. Those days are gone now, but I still have my memories and my fantasies. And those are good.

Alice_2014_B
09-12-2015, 06:44 PM
I like to think I am.
:)

Dana does shopping
09-12-2015, 07:15 PM
An opinion for another to formulate ...250591

sometimes_miss
09-12-2015, 10:08 PM
not every woman is pretty, petite or young.
Well, being pretty is something that lots of us may aspire to. There are a lot of teenage girls who worry about whether they're attractive or not. And yet, looking back, I don't remember more than a very few in my high school that were not. Sure, there are always a couple that have something about them that is a turn off to some guys, but on the whole, as the saying goes, we wouldn't kick them out of bed. A little 'make over' and virtually any young woman can be attractive. However. That doesn't seem to apply to us. We're men, and once we're adults, that manliness shows through even through our best efforts to stop it in it's tracks. A few of us can beat it; in fact, as we look through our avatar pics, when carefully picking the right one out of hundreds, even more than a few can rightly claim that we're pretty (though I'm not one of them). The conventional belief is that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. And in my mind's eye, I will behold that I am someone else entirely; someone female, someone pretty, someone wearing beautiful clothes, someone with long, shiny, silky hair combed just right, someone with perfectly applied, just the right amount of make up. And with all that in mind, I will believe that I just might be, had it been possible for all that to be true, in another life, I might have been pretty. That's the best that I can ask for.

CarlaWestin
09-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Pretty? Well, uh, no. At least not at the moment.

MisterEgurl
09-12-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty certain I'm not in the least bit attractive.

Peggie Lee
09-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Damn few women out there are " pretty " the rest of womankind is average, I fit in with the majority of women just average. Good makeup and clothes hide a lot of sins, besides passing is not just about looks it's confidence and how you carry yourself too.

Sexy_Stephanie
09-13-2015, 01:09 AM
I always strive to be pretty when I cd. If I can get myself to look like someone I would hit on I'm happy idk of its just seeing myself all dressed but I think I'm pretty damn sexy when I go all out and it makes me feel better then anything!

abby054
09-19-2015, 05:15 PM
A little 'make over' and virtually any young woman can be attractive... The conventional belief is that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'...

The makeover works pretty good for quite a few of the older ones as well. Being older myself helps a lot, too. :)

Jennifer B
09-19-2015, 05:37 PM
It depends on how much I've had to drink. The more I drink the prettier I look in the mirror. :p

marie123
09-19-2015, 05:51 PM
As a g.g. i just had to chime in. As many of you pointed out we go our whole lives trying to be "pretty" and not all of us are. We go through those awkward stages, pimples, waiting to grow breasts,etc. All to live up to a standard that Hollywood sets. There are days i feel pretty and days i do not. But that doesn't change who i am. And that goes the same for each of you.

What i do see is a group of beautiful people supporting and encourageing each other and thats definitely more important than anything society deems "pretty".

SHINY-J
09-19-2015, 06:14 PM
i would say I'm fairly passable except for my height... The fact that I also refuse to wear flats and most of my footwear are platforms doesn't help.

But I do FEEL pretty! :) and that counts for something!

Raychel
09-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Pretty, :lol2::lol2: Far from it, as far as you can get.

Do I think I look better then my man side, I sure do prefer to see the look in the mirror when I am dressed,
rather then the guy side.

It is all really about what I see when I look in the mirror. And the woman side of me is what I would rather be looking at.

Bridget Ann Gilbert
09-20-2015, 12:00 AM
I think the desire to be pretty as a CDer is simply indicative of what one values in a woman. Most cultural notions about what constitutes "pretty" are really just extensions of the biological drive to evaluate potential mates for qualities that will ensure healthy, successful offspring. Thus the desire for clear skin (free of diseases), wide hips (less chance of complications during childbirth), even jewelry (indicative of wealth which correlates to access to food and medicine to stay healthy).

To address the OP, I was fortunate to start dressing in my mid-twenties, had a very thin frame and, with practice, learned to be deft with the make-up brushes. I was told many times by others I was pretty. At that age such reinforcement fed my self esteem as a CDer. Now that I'm older and more confident in myself in all circumstances, if I were to dress and not bee seen as pretty it would not affect my self concept. It is more important that I feel feminine on the inside.

Bridget

julie marie1
09-20-2015, 01:35 AM
Highly unlikely. I look in a mirror and appear passable, but I may be deceiving myself. I am much too old to be pretty. I would settle for acceptable.

kelseygal
09-20-2015, 03:33 AM
Pretty is pretty important to me personally. But I do accept there are limitations to our born body composition. The aim however is to always look and feel as femme as can be. That you for the terminology btw, pretty is such an elegant way to view ones self.

Traceyjo
09-20-2015, 07:12 AM
I do feel that I am quite pretty ( for an older girl) when I am dressed and I receive lots of comments on my photos that indicate I am not deluding myself. For me it is a major factor in the pleasure I feel from CDing and am extremely grateful that I am able to be attractive. I am sure I would still love dressing if I didn't look as good but being pretty makes it incredibly enjoyable for me.

Paula J
09-20-2015, 08:19 AM
I don't know... I definitely feel pretty. My wife tells me I am... But, she's my wife and she would never tell me otherwise. Of course I always see the parts that look too masculine. And sometimes I feel like I have on way too much makeup. People who've seen photos always say I'm pretty and they always think I'm wayyyy younger than I actually am. But, sometimes the camera is my best friend. In reality... I just don't know.

irene9999
09-20-2015, 01:59 PM
When I was younger I was, kind of, now that I'm getting a little older not so sure. Although when I have full makeup and a wig on I sure feel pretty!

footsieCDbabeAthena
09-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Hope you gurls like it

TrishaTX
09-20-2015, 07:37 PM
It depends on how much I've had to drink. The more I drink the prettier I look in the mirror. :p

This is very true and I agree

Jennifer Medina
09-20-2015, 08:10 PM
I'd say yes but nothing that turns heads. Certainly better looking as a woman if for no other reason the hair.

For the most part I think that "pretty" men make the prettiest crossdressers.

Sandra119
09-21-2015, 07:45 AM
I thing I a fairly pretty for my age when I've got makeup on

NicoleScott
09-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Darned right I am. The guy looking at the girl in the mirror says so. Well, he doesn't really say anything, but his approval indicator lets her know.

Stephanie47
09-21-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm in my late sixties and six foot even and 200 pounds with a male face. Am I pretty? No! That's the reason I choose not to mingle with the masses. As an in-home dresser I do not get too close to mirrors. With no real way to gauge my height in a full length mirror I do look the part from afar. I do go for evening strolls, especially when there is light rain. An umbrella is great for hiding my masculine face and somewhat obscures my six foot height.

Women still think I am handsome or attractive. My height still comes in handy for that. And, unlike many of my peers in my age group I am not sloppy overweight. When en femme I'm a 42C-38-40 woman, which is probably OK for a mature woman these days, except for the height.

Elli87
09-21-2015, 11:39 AM
green eyes, soft skin, long curly black hair, full pouty lips......oh yeah, i'm so pretty it hurts. Just gotta lose some flab and watch out.

Jennifer in CO
09-21-2015, 12:10 PM
30+ years ago I was.... "well proportioned". At 6ft tall, 115 pounds of 36.27.33 I didn't look half bad. Most people said I had two looks; pretty and beautiful. I sometimes think that may have been part of the reason my wife wanted me to transition back. I got more looks and cat-calls than she did. Six foot tall girls just attract attention. Did I enjoy it?....yeeesss....

Today?....why do you think my avatar is my rear.....

katie_barns
09-21-2015, 12:13 PM
I never considered myself pretty while dressed until a recent trip to the mall where a complete female stranger told me that i was beautiful. That blew me away. Theres a thread on it but i dont know how to link it here.
So am I pretty? Hell yes! Lol

pamela7
09-21-2015, 12:15 PM
I don't think so, because I never fancied big women, but some women have been complimentary.

Shinya
09-21-2015, 12:34 PM
I used to pull off pretty and sexy and hot and what not . Today no way .

Just a hot mess on high heels .

Kind of like a car that looks good at 50 feet until you get up to it . :tongueout

Kind of like driving out west and happen upon the Rockies , just keeps getting bigger and bigger .:confused2:

Dana44
09-21-2015, 02:12 PM
I think pretty is in the eye of the beholder. I do try to pass and do look pretty some of the times. I do get maamed a lot and was told I was beautiful at the Austin pride. However, I do feel a bit self conscious as I know I'm a male. But why can't we all be pretty in our own way.

stacifox13
10-20-2015, 07:13 PM
I know it would be important to me to look beautiful.

docrobbysherry
10-21-2015, 01:36 AM
I am NOT. :sad:

Which is why I only post pics of Sherry. Who is a total BABE!:D

Cheryl_Layton
10-21-2015, 04:18 AM
Are we not differentiating between pretty and convincing? There are countless women who are not, in the conventional sense, pretty but are 100% female looking.
For me, authenticity is what matters. I want to look as near as possible to a conventional woman even if that means looking plain - although I certainly don’t want to look ugly! If I can achieve a modicum of prettiness then that’s a bonus.