PDA

View Full Version : I wnat those shoes....

St. Eve
09-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Just a funny note from yesterday....

I have been looking for a comfy pair of black sandals, but having a hard time finding what I want in my size. I know I could order them online, but I won't even order men's shoes on line.
Yesterday, I had TWO clients who had great black sandals on. I really wanted to just say, "oh I love your shoes and I want a pair! Where did you get them??"

I did not say those words....

Peace
Eve

~Joanne~
09-11-2015, 09:21 AM
I go through that all the time. I will see someone wearing a great pair of heels, a awesome blouse, or whatever it may be that catches my eye and start going store to store to find it but never do. I would probably save a lot of time by asking but never do. Into today's world it just comes across as creepy to say the very least.

Brandy Mathews
09-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Happens to me all the time. I'll be out in male mode and see a woman with a pair of shoes, or a dress that is pretty. I can't wait to get home and shop for them. Love to shop!
Hugs,
Bree :)

AllieSF
09-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Occasionally when really curious, as in, "I want to buy that", I have just complimented the woman or girl wearing what I liked and then asked what brand and/or where she got it. They always thanked me for the compliment and then answered my question without any funny looks. Who knows what they were actually thinking? Along that line of complimenting women on how they look or some specific item of clothing or accessory, I firmly believe that most women appreciate compliments from men when given honestly and simply with no other motives or undertones involved.

Jaylyn
09-11-2015, 01:48 PM
I know exactly what you are saying. I have seen women out in heels or a top I would love to have and want so bad to say I love your heels where'd you get them. I almost hate just walking thru some sections such as the heel sections following my wife and seeing some of the tall heels and just so want to say do you have those in size thirteen n half?
My wife has a friend who is a very sharp dresser and wears very sexy heels. I just want to ask her where she got them but just have to stay cool and keep my mouth shut, although I have said you look exceptionally nice today.

MelanieAnne
09-11-2015, 08:12 PM
I feel your pain. I often see women wearing great shoes, and I want to say, "Where'd ya get those shoes. I want em"! :D

Krisi
09-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Well, you didn't say what your size is so I'll just say this:

Most retail shoe stores don't stock women's shoes in sizes bigger than ten or sometimes eleven so asking a woman where she bought her shoes won't be much of a help unless you have unusually small feet for a man. Payless is the exception. They stock many styles in 12, 12W and even 13. Go to their website and see if they have anything you like, then check to see if it's in stock at one of your local stores. If not, you can have them sent there.

trishacd
09-12-2015, 09:28 AM
I live in omaha and by most of my shoes from payless size 13. You have to check out varios locations as some carry a lot more to choose from. Now i go straight to them usually wearing hose and try em on. In some of them the sa will put cute ones aside if i ask them.

Sometimes Steffi
09-12-2015, 09:20 PM
This what I usually say

"Oh I love your shoes, Where did you get them??"

I usually get a great response to the first line, and then they tell me where they got them.

I just let them wonder if the shoes are for me or not.

suzanne
09-12-2015, 10:20 PM
I get some of that quite often. Usually, they are petite little shoes that I know don't come in my size. But i go with Steffi's method and just ask. Never get a bad response, but it's invariably a store that doesn't carry my size, 12W. It's frustrating, but sometimes I get my day in the sun, too. For me, a typical shopping outfit includes sandals with 3 inch heels. When I walk into a store, I get asked a lot of questions. "Where did you get those shoes? ", "How can you walk in them? I can't do it". It feels wonderful!

MelanieAnne
09-12-2015, 11:00 PM
so asking a woman where she bought her shoes won't be much of a help unless you have unusually small feet for a man.

I do! Mens 7 1/2, womens 8 1/2! Praise god!:heehee:

Sometimes I have trouble finding mens shoes, which often start at size 8.

Sexy_Stephanie
09-13-2015, 12:16 AM
I am also nervous about ordering online as most men's shoes don't fit me as I have to get extra wide in men's and I wear a 12

Alice_2014_B
09-13-2015, 12:30 AM
I've wanted to ask women that so many times.
:)

JoannaCD
09-13-2015, 12:52 AM
I recently had two experiences from the opposite direction. A woman said that she liked my sandals and that she had a similar pair. She said hers were Timberlands and wondered what brand mine were. They are Aerosoles and I know they don't make mens shoes so I gave her a lame I'm not sure. Fortunately she didn't ask the brand of my bermudas which were Liz.

Another woman said she liked another pair of sandals I had on and, of course, what kind they were. I told her Allegria and she responded that she didn't know they made mens shoes. This time though they were mens but I bought them on 6PM.com because they looked a bit femme.