PDA

View Full Version : Dressing to irritate?

ShoppR
02-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Do you ever dress just to irritate your CSO or someone else?

I do, my current (future ex?) wife is now barely tolerant having recently found a new religion. Previously she was accepting - even occasionally participating. Sometime (ok Sunday mornings) I dress to the max even on those days I could easily find something better to do with my time.

Yeah - it is petty but so am I!

GypsyKaren
02-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Oh I don't know, I've found that the key to a happy, rich, fulfilling life is to not get my wife ticked off at me for anything. I may be stupid, but I ain't dumb.

Karen

MsJanessa
02-11-2006, 10:47 AM

I do, my current (future ex?) wife is now barely tolerant having recently found a new religion. Previously she was accepting - even occasionally participating. Sometime (ok Sunday mornings) I dress to the max even on those days I could easily find something better to do with my time.

Well you could dress to the nines to go to church with her on sunday mornings. lol

Lindahexi
02-11-2006, 11:01 AM

You said it, IT IS PETTY, If you are seriously saying that you enjoy deliberately irritating your SO. WHY?

Julia Cross
02-11-2006, 11:39 AM
I don't think it is healthy to purposely irritate someone. Some people need time, lots of time to figure things out for themselves, but if you burn the bridges before they get there, then the damage is done.

Julia

Petrina CD
02-11-2006, 01:24 PM
My wife is accepting but would rather not see me dressed. I like to dress up on saturday and sunday mournings in my own den , but if I think she is going to have a bad time with it for whatever reason , I don't dress enfemme. I'm quite sure I personally would never dress to piss off my wife .

Petrina cd

Reana
02-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I don't feel that dressing to irritate ANYONE furthers our agenda in any way. That having been said, I did have a past girlfriend that accused me of that, to some extent. My dress around her, at that time, was very casual femme, and she never saw me totally dressed (actually, I'd never been "totally" dressed at that point of my CDing career). It was very apparent early on in this particular relationship that we had more issues than the dressing but it was a big sticking point. I've experienced every level of acceptance in my past relationships but most, at least, tolerated, and a couple were very supportive. Those that have the ability and/or depth of thought to realize that their support/acceptance can serve to enhance the relationship rather than hurt it can reap significant rewards in terms of strengthening the bond between two people. I've never quite understood why these persons that can't accept don't see support for the dressing as a special means by which to progress the relationship rather than break it down. +?

Holly
02-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, it the object is to finish destroying the relationship, then by all means continue. You're reference to your wife as your "future ex?" gives one an indication that you do not expect the relationship to survive. I know there are two sides to every story, by intentionally goading someone to anger is a surefire way to get sympathy for the target of your actions. It would be more honest to face the fact that you are not happy with her and, if there is no viable solution to the issues, agree to call it quits and move on. Inflicting pain just for the sake of inflicting pain is nothing less than mean.

Wenda
02-11-2006, 07:11 PM
I have found I can piss off people without any effort, so dressing to irritate someone is not something in which I would invest any time or effort. I cant visualize any meaningful reward from it, and the downside could be to create a more hostile situation in divorce proceedings. I would recommend to cool it.

Julie York
02-11-2006, 07:21 PM
hahaha

Go to church in drag. That would really piss her off. But think how good you'd feel about it and that deep down satisfied feeling.

LOL

Sarahgurl371
02-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Nope, constantly put others feelings before my own. Somedays its very tiring.

ladyelaine
02-11-2006, 10:55 PM
I find that the people I "chance" to irritate are usually as competent at this social skill as I am, and usually better. I wouldn't want to go more directly about this by dressing to the nines. Anyway, I get made even in drab so what else could that be about.

Elaine

carson
02-11-2006, 10:56 PM
I have found I can piss off people without any effort, so dressing to irritate someone is not something in which I would invest any time or effort. I cant visualize any meaningful reward from it, and the downside could be to create a more hostile situation in divorce proceedings. I would recommend to cool it.

You are so right Wenda! Besides, I dress to help get in touch with the softer, gentler, more feminine side of my personality. I don't want to take anything away from that. If I want to piss anybody off, I do it as a man!:p

VtVicky
02-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Irritating a "future ex" with your crossdressing is a sure way to get "outed" during the legal proceedings. Or any other post relationship explosions.

Deborah
02-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Irritating a "future ex" with your crossdressing is a sure way to get "outed" during the legal proceedings. Or any other post relationship explosions.

Ditto i was thinking the same thing. Maybe that's what she wants?

livy_m_b
02-12-2006, 07:46 AM

Dr Phil might say there are several things going on here. She may have been uneasy before finding religion to give her a stronger "moral" position. Your dressing on Sundays may be a direct attach on religion instead of just to make her mad.

But taking it as you say it, that you dress to make her mad - that is dangerous for all the reasons others have mentioned. But there's another - and that is, you should be very careful about getting anger mixed up with this - it's hard enough to figure out and deal with without having to sort out whether you're acting from normal crossdressing causes or from anger. Anger can be just as consuming as anything.

ShoppR
02-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Thank all of you who responded.
When I told her of my fetish (before we were married) I knew that I was ‘giving her a power or an edge’ in our relationship. I knew then that there was every chance that she would use it – if things fell apart. I’ve made my peace with that. Having given that power however, I will give no more, I will do what I do and be who I am!
BTW had she belong to her current religious cult when we met, I would never have talked to her - let alone dated and married her.

Julia Cross
02-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Shoppr,

I must say, the way you speak of your relationship leads me to believe it is over and that neither of you is brave enough to admit this at the moment. Your continuing crossdressing attacks on her will no doubt in the long term come back to haunt you. I would say, in this instance, be the man and show some strength of character. Dress in moderation and avoid pissing her off.

julia

Bridget
02-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Not intentionally. But if I want to dress, I will dress.

Kimberley
02-12-2006, 03:41 PM
As good or bad as my marriage might be, I could never do anything to aggravate the situation. I stay closeted (to the max) for this reason.

If it breaks down, and who knows, I will then most likely live 24/7 enfemme except as absolutely necessary.

It sounds to me like it is over so why not cut the cord and move on? Sounds cruel to drag it out.

I had to call my wife on a few things and she very quickly backed off when she saw I was serious. So in that sense it was a power struggle. Is it the same here or is it really over. Time for a chat with her.

Better to come from a broken marriage than live in one.

Stormgirl
02-12-2006, 03:58 PM
yes I did it all the time when I had a gf

Gretchen
02-12-2006, 04:02 PM
It seems an oxymoron to me. Why would I want to use something I truly love in a negative way to essentially hurt someone else? For me, it's just that simple....
Gretchen

susancheerleader
02-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Unless I am naive. Why would anyone wear something just to irritate some one else? It accomplishes absolutely nothing, for you, or her (or SO)
When I was in school there were people that went out of their way to irritate people. But that was then, and is now looked at as childish.

ginafaye
02-13-2006, 09:31 AM
if no good can come from it why do it..........dont be the bitch dress or dont dress how can you be happy when your so focused on someone else reactions........negative ones at that..........look inside yourself find the things that make you feel good about yourself and then suround yourself with the same type people...........tit for tat games are for children

MsJanessa
03-21-2006, 12:11 PM
I have a better idea---instead of you both staying with each other and trying to irritate the other, why don't you separate----something tells me you would both be happier living apart.

Aileen
03-21-2006, 12:21 PM
If she is offended because you live your life as you choose to ( without harming anyone ), then I hope she gets offended on a regular basis.

livy_m_b
03-21-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't believe in dressing to irritate, but I've dressed to get my so's attention - I'm not sure there's any difference. Generally, as a philosophic matter, it's important not to mix T* up with anger, manipulation, etc. - it's complicated enough by itself. If you mix it with other matters you can lose objectivity on your motivations and that can be very dangerous.