PDA

View Full Version : So I got the "look" from my daughter

Laurana
09-14-2015, 07:44 AM
So last night I was going to take my daughter to something she needed to do. She comes out of her room and starts to sniff. She says "What's that smell?" I'm like "What smell?" She asked if I sprayed Fabreze and I said no. Then she asked if I was wearing perfume. I said "Why would you think I'm wearing perfume?" She crosses her arms and looks at me from head to toe.......granted I was wearing 3 inch wedges a miniskirt and a low cut t-shirt but still :). So she turns around and notices a garbage bag full of cardboard and she's like "Oh it must be this then". And I said that I never even wore cologne and she said she thought I did.

But that look. It was the "Seriously? You're really asking that question?" look.

Ah well :D

P.S. our garbage bags are Fabreze scented.

I Am Paula
09-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Please pardon my confusion. You were wearing heels, and a mini skirt, and her concern was you wearing perfume. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

stefan37
09-14-2015, 08:27 AM
There is no way my daughter would walk out of the house with me me wearing a mini skirt, low cut blouse.

Bria
09-14-2015, 09:07 AM
I agree with Paula!

Hugs Bria

ReineD
09-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Lol, it sounds like parent role reversal!

I love it when my sons adopt a parental tone with me. Not about clothes or anything, but other stuff. I get to see the values they've adopted and it's pretty cool. :)

Laurana
09-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Please pardon my confusion. You were wearing heels, and a mini skirt, and her concern was you wearing perfume. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

No you're not missing anything. She just didn't notice the scented garbage bag.

She's gotten pretty used to the way I dress.

BLUE ORCHID
09-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Hi Laurana, That's priceless.:daydreaming:

Persephone
09-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Great story! Great daughter!

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
09-14-2015, 06:23 PM
My god,math at girl has a nose like a Chesapeake Bay retriever! But I bet the look was priceless!

Ozark
09-14-2015, 07:37 PM
In reading Laurana's original post and the responses -- I started laughing because I starting imaging Jack Benny with his exaggerated "Well?!" pleasant memories inspired by your posting. neat.