PDA

View Full Version : Comment while at the store

Jodi Lynn
02-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi Girls, Yesterday I was at the drug store making prints of pictures, in drab. While I was standing there I noticed a very nice display of makeup. So I looked and picked out some lipstick, eyeline, and masscara. (I have a thing for makeup, wife told me one time that I have more then she does.) So I went to pay for the pictures and the makeup, the casher picked up the lipstick and said "This shade should look really good on you", with a smile. I smiled back and "Thank you, I hope it does". She just smiled again. That was the frist time I have ever admitted to a casher that something was for me, it felt wonderful to say that. I don't know if she though I was just kidding her or not, but I said it. :GD:

GypsyKaren
02-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi Jodi

I was at Walgreens once buying pantyhose and the girl at the register asked if they were for me. I smiled at her and said yes they were, she smiled back and gave me my change. Score one for the tranny!

Karen

Joanie
02-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Bought two pairs of pantyhose a few weeks back at Dillard's, got them home only to discover they were the wrong size. When I exchange them, I also ended up getting control top rather than non-control. The female cashier sort of commented on this..."You do know this is a different type?" She didn't say, "Are you sure this is what your wife wants since it is different from your first purchase?" She was then sort of mum but I would bet the 401K that she knew it was for me!

MsJanessa
02-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Get used to it---the more you buy stuff the more you will hear that kind of comment---not a bad thing usually addressed to you with a smile from an attractive sales lady

Jenny Beth
02-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Cool Jodi, that must have been a lot of fun. This past Christmas I bought my wife a nice sweater. The gal who sold it to me said I had good taste in women's clothes, I couldn't resist a comeback so I said I'll be sure to tell everyone where I shop for my women's clothes. She smiled and said, "Well I hope so".

Liberty
02-11-2006, 11:11 AM
I found a great fitting pair of stretch denim short shorts recently a thrift shop, when the sales clerk got to them she asked if they are short enough for me, I told her that I tried them on and they fit great! All the time smiling that I found a new favorite. The clerk didn't seem that thrilled, maybe because it was pretty evident that the size 7 shorts would not fit her and here I am buying them.
~Liberty

susandrea
02-11-2006, 11:33 AM
:clap: :thumbsup: :)

Julia Cross
02-11-2006, 11:36 AM
I was in Payless the other day with my girlfriend, and as usual took the opportunity to visit the size 12 section. As I was admiring a a pair of brown high heeled boots I had in my hands, the store clerk passed by and commented "I'm not sure those will fit you". My girlfriend thought it was cute and I replied, "I don't know, they look like they might." Everyone got a chuckle and the clerk looked a little confused - oh the young ones!

Julia

livy_m_b
02-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Almost the same experience, Jodi - in a department store at the cosmetics counter buying concealer - I looked at several shades and the sales clerk pointed to one said "This is about right for you." There was some ambiguity in the situation, but of course I took it as recognition. :)

Another time, recognition but the opposite of approval, again in a department store,. in the lingerie section - an elderly saleswoman decided to embarrass me and started following me around saying in a louder and louder voice "Sir, may I help you? SIR, may l help you?" After a few I said, "Yes, I'll have one of these, and one of these, and one of these..." - and had her following me around carrying my purchases. :)

Julia Cross
02-11-2006, 11:49 AM
livy, and then you should have changed your mind and let her put it all back!

J

Denise01
02-11-2006, 12:00 PM
almost the same experience jodi,.

While I was femme, i was in Sears and stopped by the cosmetics counter to look, and the girl recognized me from a couple of weeks ago when i was there and she gave me a couple of samples.
She asked how i liked them and if they helped.
Got chatting a bit, and talking about cosmetics mentioning that is was looking for a concealer and blush.
She offered to try it on me, ( which i gladly let her ) to see how i liked it.

She chatted away to me like she would any other lady, asking where i lived, as she did not see me in the store that often. Told her where i lived but that i preferred going to that store, as i found it nicer than the one closer to home, which is only part of the reason, the other one too close to home to go shopping femme.
She chatted away but then i did buy over $120. worth of make up, and she gave me her card in event i wanted to chat with her any time.

If she did realize i was TG she sure did not show it, and it was a nice to be treated like any other lady

Guess I had better not go into the store not en-feme unless i stay well away from the cosmetics counter.

Denise
;)

Robertacd
02-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I have gottem plenty of comments and that knowing smile from checkout girls. I always get a little thrill out of it. So much so that I will always try to pick a line with a younger female running the register.

Katrina
02-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I was in Kohls a few days ago buying a belt, gloves, and a bracelet (all fem of course), and I was wearing this ring at the time.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=299498&postcount=21

She took a look at it when I was getting the money out of my wallet and said, "I have that exact same ring." I was slightly taken aback by that but I responded, "Yeah...I thought it was really pretty." She smiled and we finished up the transaction.

Denise01
02-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I had a similar experience as MissPinchy the other day.

Was in a consignment store looking for slacks, as in this part of the country where it is cold in the winter, 99% of the girls wear slacks.

I was en-femme but wearing slacks. the lady at the check out, after my paying for the slacks, commented that she liked my ear rings and that they were clip ons. Went on to say she would love to have a ring make with the same setting
It really made my day to be treated like any other lady, if she did realize i wa TG sure did not show it

Denise

Holly
02-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Last weekend I bought a skirt at Fashoin Bug (tried it on in the store, too). When I was getting ready to go out the following evening, the zipper came appart. Well, I found something else to wear that nght, but the following day I took the skirt back to the store. The clerk asked me if the skirt didn't fit me (I was in male mode at the time). I said it fit fine but that the zipper was broken. She took a look at it and was able to restore it to working condition again. I thanked her, she smiled and said I was welcome... and I left the store a happy customer.

Amanda Harriman
02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
I bought some pantyhose one night at a convenience store- queen size of course. The girl at the counter asked "dressing up tonight?"

paulaN
02-11-2006, 08:08 PM
amanda same thing happened to me last november when I was bying some panty hose at the local shop and save. I live in a very small town and I know the cashier, I just said (ya I am). that was the end of that canversation. next time I bye hose I will have to make sure I get her again. he!hee!

Jodi
02-11-2006, 09:11 PM
At the one outlet mall where I shop, they have a promotion that certain stores participate in, not all stores. If you show your AAA card, there is a discount, ie 10-15 or 20%. The percentages change each week at each store. Several weeks ago, I stopped into the Hanes/Bali outlet store to look for some textured pantyhose. Found what I wanted. At the checkout, I asked if they participated in the AAA card discount. The clerk, a woman in her 40's, smiled and said yes, 10%, but only if you get a bra fitting. I just smiled back, and said that I was pressed for time that day, but I'd look forward to the bra fitting next time. BTW, I was in drab. WE both got a chuckle.

Jodi

Wenda
02-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Last fall, I was walking through Zellers (like Target in USA), and made my usual detour past the final reduction sale rack. Well, it was like they had been waiting for me, a nice camisole, a great slip and something else I dont recall. When I took them to the check-out, the girl asked Is that all for youÉ (my computer thinks É is a question mark) A fairly standard question if the emphasis is on ALL, but she gave me a clever, naughty look and put the stress on YOU. I said yes it is, thanks. I see why girls shop.

Kimberley
02-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I told this one the other day but it bears repeating. I have a home based photography business and I do a lot of "ladies" for their websites. Anyway as part of the service I purchase anything they ask for and just put it on the bill.

I have gotten to know the manager at the lingerie boutique (La Vie en Rose) fairly well and she knows all about this so I try to go in when Andrea is working. Well last week she wasnt there and I had to get a garter belt and stockings for my client. I had called Andrea the day before to make sure she had what I needed in the correct colour and sizes. She said she did. Anyway, I went in and there were two young ones working. The one who served me was okay, brought out the garter belts and asked which one I preferred. I told her no satin because of hot spots from the flash so that left only the one. (It was just too cute and I wanted one for myself). Anyway she left to put the other one away.

The other girl (about 20-21 yrs I guess) gave me a look like 'Ewwww, you're one of those.' We've all seen the look. So I looked her right in the eye and said you know you could easily model for me if you like. Maybe do a shoot and give your boyfriend some boudoir shots? She didnt know what to say and was now totally confused. I loved it!! :clap:

She was totally defeated by this old tranny. Ahh sweet revenge on ignorance and prejudice. For a second I thought about asking her over to do my makeup but one look at hers and it was nope, she hasnt a clue. Probably learned it in the washrooms at high school.:rolleyes:

Cant wait to go back in and look to get her to serve me... should be fun messing with her head a little.:slap:

Sarah Rabbit
02-14-2006, 02:50 AM
I told this one the other day but it bears repeating. I have a home based photography business and I do a lot of "ladies" for their websites. Anyway as part of the service I purchase anything they ask for and just put it on the bill.

I have gotten to know the manager at the lingerie boutique (La Vie en Rose) fairly well and she knows all about this so I try to go in when Andrea is working. Well last week she wasnt there and I had to get a garter belt and stockings for my client. I had called Andrea the day before to make sure she had what I needed in the correct colour and sizes. She said she did. Anyway, I went in and there were two young ones working. The one who served me was okay, brought out the garter belts and asked which one I preferred. I told her no satin because of hot spots from the flash so that left only the one. (It was just too cute and I wanted one for myself). Anyway she left to put the other one away.

The other girl (about 20-21 yrs I guess) gave me a look like 'Ewwww, you're one of those.' We've all seen the look. So I looked her right in the eye and said you know you could easily model for me if you like. Maybe do a shoot and give your boyfriend some boudoir shots? She didnt know what to say and was now totally confused. I loved it!! :clap:

She was totally defeated by this old tranny. Ahh sweet revenge on ignorance and prejudice. For a second I thought about asking her over to do my makeup but one look at hers and it was nope, she hasnt a clue. Probably learned it in the washrooms at high school.:rolleyes:

Cant wait to go back in and look to get her to serve me... should be fun messing with her head a little.:slap:

Oh your're so awful,...........but I like you!!!

Helen MC
02-14-2006, 03:44 AM
To my mind sales staff are there to serve the customer and only give advice when asked . Comments are unwanted in many cases and I feel out of order. To me it really doesn't matter if I am buying a can of beans, a sound card for my computer, a medical product from a pharmacy or some pairs of panties. I am a customer, I know what I want and unless I ask for guidance or advice, and I very seldom ever do with any purchase whatever it may be, then the shop assistant is simply there to take my money , bag my goods and serve the next customer, no more, no less. It is hard enough for a CD especially a young or inexperienced one to buy panties or other female clothing, (women do not seem to have this problem buying male clothes even underwear), without being flustered or embarrased by some assistant asking unjustifed questions or making some comment. My advice to such sales assistants, "Butt out, just sell the man the panties, take his money or card and keep your thoughts to yourself"

That is why I really love Internet Shopping for whatever goods I may require. Visit the website, make my choice, click to put the item(s) in my basket, give my credit card number, finalise the transaction and a few days or so later the item is delivered to me, No fuss, no knowing looks, no awkward questions or unwanted comments.

Kimberley
02-14-2006, 09:22 AM
It is hard enough for a CD especially a young or inexperienced one to buy panties or other female clothing,
Helen love, you just gave me an idea.... personal shopping for the young ones..... hmmmm. Now to get them to poke their noses out of the closets..

Dragster
02-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Sarah Rabbit, you don't say where you come from, but I know it's UK, and you must be around 50-60 years old to remember Dick Emery! Yep?

Tony