PDA

View Full Version : caugth out again

antonyio
09-16-2015, 11:39 PM
here I was sound asleep last night in my favorite white satin lacey playsuit,when I was awoken by my pet cows mooing and carrying on,with out thinking I got up and proceeded outside to see what the story was,to find the neighbours 6 bulls had broken out onto the road and two big truck drivers and a police officer were trying to chase them back to my gateway,so without thinking here I was in my playsuit covered in a satin robe out on the road helping these guys move these bulls ,once in the gate we thanked each other,you could tell the truckers didn't know what to say,the officer offered to help sercure the trank the bulls were on then asked me straight out if I was a transgender,i was shocked but said yes,in which he asked for my name and number and he would like to talk tomorrow(to follow),and we parted our ways.just as I was walking up my drive I heard a farm bike tearing down the road,it was the neighbour,me been unware or thinking what I was wearing and him feeling uncomfortable where to look,discussed the bulls and arranged for him to sort it in the morning
today in the morning the neighbour arrived to retrieve the bulls with a comment its nice to see I wear male clothes also,thats when it all dawned on me.the officer rang later on to ask me if he could use my name for a contact in morrinsville for transgender teens they have trouble with.here in new Zealand they apparently offer a service for us trans and crossdresser,first I knew of it.i haven't said yes as yet if I would do it.if offered would you

Nikkilovesdresses
09-17-2015, 01:00 AM
Yes, I totally would- I think you would probably find it fulfilling and worthwhile, and hats off to the cop for having the presence of mind to suggest it.

Dealing with your neighbours however...now that could be a challenge :)

Helen_Highwater
09-17-2015, 05:34 AM
Not so much the cat's out the bag more the cows out of the field. I can imagine the truck drivers getting home and saying, "You'll never guess what I saw the other night!"

As for supporting trans teens I think you'll need to ask a few questions first. My advice would be to ask the cop to give you a name of someone who already works in this field and ask them what their experiences have been like. Are you prepared to present enfemme in meetings with the teens? There may be times were it's extremely emotional even traumatic. Is there any training you could be offered? I'm not saying don't do it. It could be one of the most rewarding things you could ever do. Just be aware of what you're getting into. The kids won't appreciate it if you turn up once or twice and then "chicken" out as they may well see it and leave them in limbo.

Candice June Lee
09-17-2015, 06:44 AM
Sounds like a good opportunity. Go do it, it would be a great help to your local society.

CynthiaD
09-17-2015, 08:54 PM
If asked, yes I would do it.

marie123
09-17-2015, 09:02 PM
I think its awesome to give back to the community but agree that it would definitely take commitment and may be emotionally tolling. Research!

Jamie Lynn
09-17-2015, 09:18 PM
I agree with Helen and Marie. Cool that the cop was professional and you should be honored that he considered you, but definitely do some research before committing. Let us know what you decide!

Jazzy Jaz
09-18-2015, 02:02 AM
Either way you decide, that is totally up to you and how you feel about it. I personally believe that things happen for a reason and I dont feel that coincidences are just simply coincidences, things happen for a purpose.

Alice_2014_B
09-18-2015, 02:06 AM
Very cool how that worked out that night.
I would most likely jump on such an offer.
:)

BLUE ORCHID
09-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Hi Antonyio, You need a full length mirror on the inside of your front door.:daydreaming:

andreanna
09-18-2015, 07:02 AM
Hi all, I must say one thing. Not all truck drivers are so terribly macho that they are going to tell everyone that you dress. Yes, Some of us do dress even when we are working. I have seen quite a few of us on this forum.

trishacd
09-18-2015, 09:33 AM
I think it would be the thing to do. They need to feel they are not alone.

Amy Lynn3
09-18-2015, 09:52 AM
After this you may need to moooove.
My thinking is, if you don't know anyone to recommend who might help, in a professional way, at the very least offer to visit one time with the young TG. Sometimes just knowing others are like us helps and you can always point the TG here for support, provided age is not a limit. Good luck.

antonyio
10-08-2015, 02:59 AM
thanks for all your surport,just as a update,yes I have deciced to do it.its a small town so there cant be that many(hopefully of us)had my first meeting today with a 10year old,it was hard to talk to someone that age,as he was still unsure fully.the officer sat in,and he thought I handle it will.

Sallee
10-08-2015, 03:24 AM
great story. Seems like no one cares as long as you get the bulls back. They may have been surprised but big deal. Plus maybe you can beof service to the local community Great

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure it will be very rewarding in the end

donnalee
10-08-2015, 03:58 AM
Sounds like it is going well so far, but contacting someone with experience would probably be very helpful.
You are doing something good here.

Teresa
10-08-2015, 05:06 AM
Antonyio,
Thanks for a lovely story, as it turns out everyone was OK you all got the animals back where they should have been and your neighbours know, so maybe you don't need to hide anymore !

I think it's a great opportunity to help others out, the police officer thought you may offer real help to others maybe not as lucky as you ! If no one else objects ( partner ?) and you feel comfortable about it give them a helping hand, it may help you feel a whole lot better about your dressing .

KiwiKate
10-31-2015, 03:03 PM
Wicked story Antonyio, I'm really happy for you that something really positive has come out of such a awkward experence.Good for you

Jacqueline StGermain
11-01-2015, 08:42 PM
If you could help even one TG teen , it would be worth it.
TG teens have a disproportionately high suicide rate.
I have done many outreach programs from college level down to primary school.
Well worth it if you can do it

Dana44
11-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Heck I was a cowboy once. It sure is fun getting bulls back in.. Great story and now the cops know you are TG. But if you do go help out young kids, that would be a great service for your community.

Anne K
11-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Do you have the "tools" to act as a "contact"?

Robin414
11-01-2015, 09:25 PM
WOW Antonio, amazing story! Glad things are working out and my 'cowboy' hat off to you for what you're doing for the community!!

@Orchid - good idea about the mirror, I gotta get one of them myself!

countrygirl
11-02-2015, 05:45 AM
Go for it.

Claire Cook
11-02-2015, 06:39 AM
Agree with Jacqueline, TG kids need support and someone to talk to. So glad you did that, I would love to do the same.