PDA

View Full Version : The Mirror

deebra
09-19-2015, 10:03 AM
I recently bought a pair of black shinny boots with a 3 or 4 inch heel that tapers down to 1 inch, I wear these under some long fairly tight black boot cut girl jeans that cover all of the boot but the soul. I think I look great in the mirror and the female boots are well hidden, I have been to the grocery store and walking across the parking lot and felt I was clocked and outed. The mirror told me I blended, the few looks I got told me the mirror lied. Was the mirror truthful but it was the tight boot cut jeans and a woman's walk in boots that gave me away????? Will the mirror and what I see in it wearing other things be truthful before I step out the door? How do you know what you will look like in public when the mirror and your mind/eyes tell you you look fine and blend?

Meghan4now
09-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Your mirror has a DADT relationship with you. It told you a truth, but limited and from a single point of view. It did not tell you the whole truth and left out some important information.

Kinda like many of us!

reb.femme
09-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Like the rest of us, I'll assume that you have taken loads of photos, so you can see yourself from various angles, some great, some not so great.
However, all my posted photos are randomly picked and not just the best ones of the batch (she lied without blushing :battingeyelashes:).

There are some on here who look absolutely fantastic in any light, whereas I need a particular kind of light to look my best. Poor normally :heehee:!

Rebecca

Stephanie47
09-19-2015, 11:25 AM
I eye sees what you want them to see. That's one of the reason why I do not venture forth and mingle with the masses. I know everyone is going to see a man in a dress and not a mature woman. I see this often with pictures as my male self. When I look in the mirror I see a more youthful male in better shape than when I see my image in a printed picture. You may see those boots as gender neutral, but, a person from afar will see something different. Also, sound effects? I know some of us like to hear the clicking of a female heel, but, are you turning heads and the viewer is seeing a male and not a female. I'd be disappointed if I my mind was prepared for a sexy woman and I only get to see a guy.

Rhonda Jean
09-19-2015, 11:31 AM
I gather that you're talking about going out in male mode like that, which I do frequently. I also thought that boots with heels like that were almost not noticeable at all, but I was wrong. People definitely notice, and I don't really now how. I'm not nearly that observant. One time here was a little boy about three who started staring at my boots from across the store, probably at least 50 feet away, and stared at them even after he and his mother had passed me. I have no idea why he found them so fascinating. I've had a few compliments. They're more noticeable than the mirror tells you.

Jenniferathome
09-19-2015, 11:35 AM
Men don't wear "shiny" boots
men don't wear any shoes with more than 1/2 in heel

Of course people notice!

NicoleScott
09-19-2015, 12:00 PM
You can see yourself in different views in photos more so than in the mirror. But photos can't show you your walk and mannerisms like videos.

BLUE ORCHID
09-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi Deebra, The mirror shows still shots but when you are in motion things change and the pant legs move around.:daydreaming:

AngelaYVR
09-19-2015, 01:19 PM
There's a toggle on the back of the mirror that needs to be set.

Tammy Lynn Tx
09-19-2015, 02:04 PM
The heels on my real cowboy boots are about 2" and i get some looks with them occasionally. I say real cowboy bootd as they are made for horseback riding not heading for the bar

Marcelle
09-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Hi Deebra,

Very few of pass under close scrutiny. It could be lighting, angle or just something that drew a person's attention in for a closer look (e.g., walking or mannerisms). I never pass and people clock me all the time . . . kind of goes with the territory. If you accept it, you will find it matters less and less.

Cheers

Isha

Rhonda Jean
09-19-2015, 03:33 PM

Of course people notice!

Jennifer, you've got to be kidding! These were boots! I have about a half dozen pair of purely male cowboy boots in various skins from leather to exotics. Some of them are very shiny. All of them came with heels ranging from 1-1/2" to a little over 2". I've had all of them built up to 2-1/2" without making them look any less male. The key is they're not a narrow heel.

Heidi Stevens
09-19-2015, 04:07 PM

Of course people notice!

I can see you've never been to Texas, Jennifer! The Cowboys down this way all have at least 2" heels.
If they're shiny it's because the stepped into ...um... Er.. Fertilizer!

deebra
09-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input;........Now, should I donate them, I just love walking in them and the look?

Taylor186
09-20-2015, 03:02 PM
I wore my shiny, 1 inch heel height, Brooks Brothers to a symphony event two days ago and no one noticed. I was miffed. Really.

Helen_Highwater
09-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Even if folks can't see the boots they will notice that you're 3-4" longer in the leg than fits the rest of your proportions and your walk will be different. If you see a GG wearing the same I'm sure no-one would have any difficulty in working out she was wearing heels and not flats.

sometimes_miss
09-21-2015, 11:23 PM
The big problem is, when you take your own pics, or look in the mirror, you're adjusting to look the absolute best you can, as well as have your head surrounded by the GREAT PINK FOG. This happens even when you're in drab. In contrast, see what you look like when someone else has taken a picture that just coincidently included you when you weren't ready to have a picture taken. THAT'S how you really look. Want a good idea of how you really look crossdressed? Dress up and then go about your chores around the house, after setting up a remote wifi cam and hide it up on top of a cabinet or something to record yourself. After a while, you'll be busy with your chores and will inevitably forget you're being recorded, and you'll see what you really look like. Don't smash the camera. It was only doing it's job. Only about 1% of us can pass. The rest of us, well we're lucky if people ignore us.

docrobbysherry
09-22-2015, 12:34 AM
No, your mirror was rite. As long as you're standing still. It's what Nicole and Blue said.

I look at my reflection walking in storefront windows. It's a wake up call. I always have to adjust my gait and posture to appear more fem.:battingeyelashes:

Pat
09-22-2015, 08:42 AM
I think the real problem is that the mirror doesn't reflect paranoia which is what you were feeling when you said you were "clocked." When you think people who have no reason to pay attention to you can read the innermost reaches of your soul, then you're being paranoid. What would be your reaction if you saw a man walking across the grocery store parking lot in tall boots? First, you'd probably have no reaction because he's just a guy and you don't care. But if for some reason you noticed he was wearing what appeared to be a tall heel, what would you think? Probably, "Hey, look at the heel on that boot. I wonder what's up about that?"

People don't care. Sometimes they notice if you dressed a little out of the ordinary, but they still don't care. People who care about *you* may care about your clothes to some extent, but strangers in a parking lot? Very unlikely.

Kate Simmons
09-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Real pictures (untouched) don't lie but mirrors have been known to be fickle. ;):)