PDA

View Full Version : Bra extenders for a Basque

FrillyKnickers
02-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi,

I've recently bought a basque which is simply fantastic, but unfortunately it is a little on the tight side. I don't want to send it back as they don't have it in other sizes and I like it too much to have a refund.

I know you can get bra extenders which can extend the band size of your bra e.g. http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=EJ-00580&mci=&size=&colour=

Does anyone know if you can get one that has 12 hook and eye fasteners on to extend the band size of a basque?

I could just buy six bra extenders!

Any suggestions?

Shelly Preston
02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi Manson

I have never hearad of any extenders for a basque
If you decide to go for the bra extenders maybe you could sew them together.

Wenda
02-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I would think that 3 of 4-hook extenders would do the job.

FrillyKnickers
02-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Thanks, I shall have to try it!

Anyone know some highstreet stores in the UK where I could pick these up? They tend to be for maternity, so I wonder if some place like mothercare would sell them? I can't find them on their website!

FrillyKnickers
02-14-2006, 12:18 PM
I purchased 3 4-hook bra extenders and it worked like a dream! I am now able to wear my new basque perfectly.

Thanks.

Amelie
02-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Look online for a lingere making supply store. They have a tape(not sticky tape) of hooks on one piece of tape and eyes on the other. They come as long as you want, 1 foot to many feet in length. You then sew them to a piece of fabric, the length of the bra with the same amount of hooks, putting one tape with the hooks on one side of the fabric and one tape of eyes on the other side of the fabric. Then you can extend your bra to any width you want.

theoldman
02-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Manson 2k
you can buy bra extenders at any Wal Mart store in 2 or 4 eyelets in the sewing dept.
theoldman