PDA

View Full Version : who takes your pictures?

Lena
09-20-2015, 07:05 PM
I see many girls in beautiful poses, dresses and environments in the photo section. I always wonder who's doing the picture taking? or how did you do that on your own?

Friend, spouse, significant other, strangers who are walking by, selfie stick?

What do you do with your phone, rotate it to face you? do you have a mount that it sits in? Do you use a timer?

I know, I ask too many questions but I want to make myself beautiful like you all.

Also, any posing, staging tips would be awesome. Should I have posted this in the photo section?

NicoleScott
09-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Digital camera with ten second shutter timer and a mini-tripod (for a tabletop). I take a lot of mug shots and just a few full body shots. When the shutter is pressed starting the timer, I mentally count down while checking my pose/expression in a hand mirror held right in front of the camera, then remove it at count 8 or 9, trying to remain perfectly still for the remaining second or two. I take lots of pics, hoping for a good few.

BLUE ORCHID
09-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Hi Lena, I have a good tripod and my camera has a very small remote that sets the0:0:10 second timer with the auto focus.:hugs:

Robyn B
09-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Traditional digital camera's are so "old school" these days, but some Olympus models used to have a small remote control you could order -- those work okay.

You can get an app called "open camera" for android phone/tablets, which you can program to delay the camera shutter for 10 secs for instance, then take a "burst" of photos, like 5 in a row every 5 seconds. Used that recently and really liked it! I'm sure Apple has some app that will do the same thing.

Combine above with simple tripod and you are good to go!

Ashley in Virginia
09-20-2015, 08:23 PM
I used to use a basic digital camera, but the running back and forth and trying to figure out a pose in 10 seconds became too much of a pain in the ass. Now I'm using my cell phone and a selfie stick. The quality isn't as good, but the pics seem better simply because I can see what I'm doing.

Tracii G
09-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Tripod and digital camera.

Yoshisaur
09-20-2015, 08:34 PM
I use my phone camera and a tripod

Sissy_Michelle
09-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Lena,

I do take most of my pictures, although my wife has helped me sometimes, when I have asked her.

@--}----
Michelle

Jackie7
09-20-2015, 08:50 PM
I use my phone camera propped on the bureau, the screen facing me so I can see myself in it, and an app called triggercam. The app gives me 10 seconds to get into the frame, then it shoots ten pix at 5 second intervals. So I can pose and writhe. Then I delete the worst of them, and count it lucky to come out with one good photo per burst. I also use a regular 35mm digital camera on a tripod with the time-delay shutter.

But mostly I use my wife - she likes to take good pix of my outfits. That's the simplest and best.

Erica Marie
09-20-2015, 08:54 PM
I use the old stand-by. Digital camera, tripod and set the timer. Call me old school.

Natalie cupcake
09-20-2015, 09:01 PM
I take some pictures myself otherwise my wife loves taking pics of me also!!

Isabella Ross
09-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Nikon D5200 on tripod, remote control, Cowboy Studio lighting kit, lots of photography theory, lots of modelling theory, one good shot for every 20 taken. Example below. Pet peeves: low res, blurry shots from smartphones. PM if you want to discuss.

danam
09-20-2015, 09:02 PM
I transitioned from digital pictures to digital video. It is quite a lot easier to make a high def (1080p) video of yourself and then grab still images from the footage, then to use the self timer on a camera. The trick is to stand still for a second with each pose, otherwise the images will be blurred from motion.

I only use digital pictures for the most important, must-get-it-right shots. Otherwise, it's video for the self stuff.

I avoid using a cell phone because I don't trust the security. Sure, they seem harmless, but they have the potential to be completely open and hackable--if someone was interested in getting access to the phone. A digital camera or video camera that is not attached to the internet is significantly more secure.

Lena
09-20-2015, 09:08 PM
I have tried to do pictures by using a mirror and delay. I set the phone up on the counter where it focuses and I can see the screen in the mirror. But it limits where I can take pictures - in the bathrooms or in my daughters bedroom are the only permanent mirrors. Maybe I should use my wife's portable makeup mirror.

AprilMayy<3
09-20-2015, 09:10 PM
My phone :P

TrishaTX
09-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Iphone and balance

Robin414
09-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the thread Lena, I've often wondered myself! I have some nice sun bathing shots of myself compliments of Google Earth but always thought there's a better way😀

Julie Denier
09-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Smartphone camera with a countdown timer on tripod with phone adapter.

Paula_Femme
09-20-2015, 11:23 PM
A Digital SLR, Tripod, and a Remote... then lots of Photoshop!!! :heehee:

docrobbysherry
09-21-2015, 01:09 AM
Learning to take good photos is quite simple. Like learning anything it takes practice, practice, practice.

The best and easiest way to start is with a decent camera. U can get them for about $100. Like I did. When I wanted sharer, better images in low lite I bought a better one. It all depends on how fussy u r. Some r quite happy with poor quality phone pics of their mirror reflction. Or, those selfies of that same facial express!!!!ion in from of some nearly unrecognizable back ground.;
I have found that liting is the most important thing for really good pics. Then, the angles of both your camera and u. Some my photos have a professional look to them now. But as others have said, I have 20 so so ones for every outstanding one,!

Samantha2015
09-21-2015, 01:46 AM
DSLR,tripod & bathroom mirror. Tripod usually ends up with 2 of the feet in the tub/shower and
I have to crop out the part of the counter and toilet that end up in the frame. It's a small bathroom.
I find it easier to pose in front of the mirror so I can see when I'm looking stupid (95% of the time) :D
Take a lot of pictures so I have enough to choose from. I'm not going to take all that time getting dressed
and then only take 3 or 4 pics. This girl is getting documented !!! Good luck & have fun with it.

Andrea Renea
09-21-2015, 02:07 AM
phone and digital camera with a timer.

Krististeph
09-21-2015, 02:13 AM
Lester Bogen.

He makes tripods. (Anyone remember the rumor about the 1/4-20 thread somewhere on his anatomy?)

Actually, I did not always get the tripod out- but typically set the time for a shot- or a string of shots. The string of multiple shots is a little harder to set up- you have to plan your moves- but it is fun! Lots of shot wasted, if it were silver film probably well over $1000 wasted. But because it is digital- only time and a few cents worth of power from re-chargable batteries.

<below> Lester Bogen showing off the strength of one of his tripods.

Kiwi Primrose
09-21-2015, 04:34 AM
I'm still on digital camera set on high res and using the 10sec timer.
I've found it takes great patience to get a good shot and most are discarded.
I also crop the better views, but I don't use photoshop.

Fi-Fi LeFemme
09-21-2015, 04:48 AM
I own a few cameras as I am a hobbyist anyway. If I'm using a compact then I use a timer. If I break out my SLR, I have a remote control for that. I mount all the cameras on a tripod. Sometimes I use flash and sometimes not. If I'm using my camera, I always use the one facing me for maximum, self -indulgent pouting. X

Paula J
09-21-2015, 05:19 AM
I mostly use my phone, and take the pictures myself. Although my wife knows everything, I prefer to make photos when I'm dressed alone. I got a cheap little remote shutter for my iPhone from Amazon, and I mount the phone on a tripod. I have a couple of really good cameras as I'm a bit of an amateur photographer too, but I don't have remotes for them. Sometimes, if my wife is taking pictures for me she'll use one of my digital SLRs.

natcrys
09-21-2015, 06:16 AM
If I take photos at home and I'm by myself.. I use my trusty tripod and my remote control. These days, I do that for taking quick outfit photos, so that I can analyse whether an outfit really looks good from all angles. :)

For all my outside stuff, I'm very lucky to have like 5 friends who are willing to photograph and film me. :D

A couple of them are really knowledgeable and I don't have to worry about a thing. I can pretend I'm a fashion model for a couple of hours. ;)

With the others, I just set my DSLR and/or video-camera to the right setting for the situation.. and let them press the button. And then I'm checking the photos and make them do it again.. yeah, I'm just as surprised that they still want help me with my photos/videos! :p

Princess Ludwyna
09-21-2015, 06:21 AM
Digital video and then I edit pics out of the recording.

BLUE ORCHID
09-21-2015, 06:45 AM
Nikon D5200 on tripod, remote control, Cowboy Studio lighting kit, lots of photography theory, lots of modelling theory, one good shot for every 20 taken. Example below. Pet peeves: low res, blurry shots from smartphones. PM if you want to discuss.

Hi Isabella, It's easy to take great pictures when you star with a very lovely model ! :hugs:

Heidi Stevens
09-21-2015, 07:35 AM
I use a Canon SX160 IS on an old tripod left over from my SLR days. I set up and take a shot or two to get the focus right. Once that looks good to me, I set the 10 second timer and step into the scene. I do very little photoshopping, mostly cropping and tone. Most rejects are because I don't like the pose or I moved.

Sandra119
09-21-2015, 07:40 AM
I have downloaded a camera timer app on my iPhone it's free and works well

Zoe B
09-21-2015, 07:50 AM
I use a professional digital camera which has a timer, but I am also very lucky as my wife loves to take photos of me as well. One day I am going to use my old Zenit 3M to see how a classic photo looks.

Lily Catherine
09-21-2015, 08:11 AM
My phone and the mirror in my room. Selfie mode doesn't take kindly to me on most occasions.

DaniChan
09-21-2015, 08:32 AM
I take the pics myself. DSLR on a tripod, using a remote that has a 2s timer button (so I can hide it ;))
Then some color adjustments in lightroom

Beverley Sims
09-21-2015, 08:56 AM
I do a lot myself, sometimes when out the wife will take some for me.

Rachael Leigh
09-21-2015, 09:02 AM
I use my digital camera and lay it on a ladder and set the self timer . It's a little cumbersome but I usually like the way they turn out. I take as many as I feel are needed then go thru them on my computer to choose the best ones.
Would really love to do some outdoor ones but that would require a person probably so I guess that's the best I can do

Meg East
09-21-2015, 10:13 AM
I use a DSLR. I also avoid using my iPhone due to a lack of security.

Tina B.
09-21-2015, 10:23 AM
I like to use my digital camera most of the time, what with the tripod and timer it's the easy way to do it. but lately I've taken some with my Ipad, it will stand on a table in it's case, and has a timer, and it can also be used hand held for head shots.
Both also does video which can be fun also.
as far as poses, I just find a nice back drop, then start shooting, and keep it up until I get something I like, if I'm lucky that is.
I've found the most important thing is SMILE and do it like you mean it!

Shinya
09-21-2015, 10:43 AM
Canon i540 ? I think . tripod .

Here is something thou , on this Canon there is a continuous selection on the dial(menu). It takes pictures as long as the button is depressed . These can take once every couple of a hundredth a second (lower rez) to once every second or so in high rez (8mega pix) .

Have done this with norther lights and meteor showers( used 15 second exposure times iso 100) , hundreds of pics per hour , then toss the bad ones . These setting might not work well at all for a selfie .

Not sure what millage this will get you , but I used plain old black tape . Made a tape ball of sorts placed on the shutter button then a strip on tape around the camera over the ball of tape on the button to hold it down .

Have fun you shutter bugs.

Oh , if you are using a flash , there is that recharge time to remember .

erika_kerrie
09-21-2015, 01:38 PM
My cat takes my pictures, her focus is terrible but she always suggests great poses... I have to give her a treat after every photo :)

Katey888
09-21-2015, 01:51 PM
:OMG:

Someone's been taking pictures of me...!?!?! :eek:

How did that happen...????

Darned NSA drones get everywhere... :facepalm:

OR...

Compact camera, mini-tripod and self-time - digital SLR, big tripod and remote control...

Tips - check results before you take dozens of pics and find they're out of focus or under-exposed... :facepalm:

Katey x

Ceera
09-21-2015, 02:04 PM
My daughter takes some pics for me. I take some selfies using a tripod and digital camera with a timer function. Recently I got some nice pics from a lady I met at a club, who volunteered to take pics of me with her phone and e-mail them to me.

carhill2mn
09-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Most of my photos have been taken using a digital camera and its timer with a tripod. Some have been taken by a friend. Lately, I have used the camera on my laptop for some closeups.

Joni T
09-21-2015, 02:18 PM
A tripod, Cannon EOS and a remote shutter release.
Jon

reb.femme
09-21-2015, 04:09 PM
I use the old stand-by. Digital camera, tripod and set the timer. Call me old school.

I'm an IT'er by trade but I still use the same equipment as Erica Marie. Just because my phone has a good camera, why would I throw my epic little camera and £5 tripod away? I still use a laptop instead of a pad because it has greater utility for me and I can't justify them at the price. Simple as that for me.

Rebecca

Alice Torn
09-21-2015, 04:45 PM
I take all of mine myself, with an older Samsung digital camera, with the wonderful invention of a ten second timer. Without the timer, i could not take full body photos. I need to buy a tripod, though, keep forgetting.

irene9999
09-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Usually just my camera with a timer. I usually take a bunch at once and pick the ones I like

Nadine Spirit
09-21-2015, 07:43 PM
DSLR on a tripod with a remote timer. And I will second the idea of taking lots and lots of photos to be able to get just a few good ones. I take hundreds, well actually I am sure that over this amount of time I am easily in the thousands, but there are just a handful that I really like.

jenniferinsf
09-21-2015, 07:51 PM
digital camera and camera phone..but lately my wife and son have taken some family photos with me dressed

Maryesther M.
09-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Famous people like me have a devil of a job escaping the Paperazzi, who follow me everywhere:devil:. Seriously though, I use a remote and a Canon digital SLR tripod mounted. I bin most shots, then crop the better ones. It would be nice to have a sympathetic partner/friend, but I don't, alas.

M.

JaytoJillian
09-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Tripod and digital camera.

ditto for me

Alice_2014_B
09-29-2015, 01:16 PM
I always reverse the camera to face me; if posing or something, I set the timer and set the phone up.
:)

Scarlett Viktoria
09-29-2015, 01:40 PM
I have a digital SLR so I put it on a tripod and set a timer. High angles (camera high and pointed down toward you) are especially flattering. Don't use on-camera flash. Try to use flat natural light (no bright, direct sunlight). Cloudy is best outside or try using the light from a window.

BarbDriscoll
09-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Digital camera on a 6 ft. tall tripod (to get a downward angle) using a small wireless remote. I can also add a delay after pressing the remote if I want to get the remote out of the frame. There is also an app to run the camera from a phone or tablet that shows what the camera sees, but I haven't tried that yet. Can't blame the technology for all the bad looking pictures. It's the model's fault. :)

Sara Marshall
09-29-2015, 07:03 PM
I haven't progressed past using my Phone yet, but maybe I will try it out in the near future. It's nice sometimes to take videos and pull stills from them, sometimes I find a flattering pose that would have never been found by just taking stills.

MelanieAnne
09-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Tripod and digital cam with self timer. Most cameras have the self timer these days. Sure beats my old Polaroid! :heehee:

Krisi
09-30-2015, 09:42 AM
I use a camera for photos, my phone for calling people who are out of earshot. The camera is more versatile and I never accidentally post photos sideways.

Robin414
10-02-2015, 12:42 PM
The photo radar dude in the truck parked on the sidewalk 😠 I try to make the best of it though, I circle back, stick my head out the sun roof and strike a pose 😀 (yah, I can drive like Jason Statham)

Tabitha_Lynn
10-02-2015, 01:25 PM
I am not sure who takes them. I didn't even know they were missing. ;-)

Lorileah
10-02-2015, 02:24 PM
I have paparazzi follow me.

StephanieCLT
10-02-2015, 02:50 PM
For those who use iPhones, how do you "angle" the camera for the picture? For example, when I prop my camera on a table up against a wall or some other "backing," I can only get from the waist up, unless I stand way back. I would love to be able to angle the camera down to get more of my legs/shoes. Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

transfeminate
10-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Stephanie, I just use my camera on the timer, although my wife has taken some. I feel more comfortable using the camera. Always nervous that the phone might cough up a photo online, somehow

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry didn't read all your question. I tried several places and looked through the viewer to line it up with a particular spot, so I know what I am taking.Then its just a case of getting to that spot whilst the timer is working. I have several full length shots and ones sitting down that show all of me legs included

Tracii G
10-02-2015, 08:25 PM
I do find it interesting that I like the face pics better if taken using a mirror.
I have a few that are not done using a mirror that I do like but they just look different.

Krisi
10-03-2015, 08:10 AM
The photos taken directly are how you really look. The ones taken in a mirror are reversed. They are how you see yourself in the mirror and the way you are used to seeing yourself (in a mirror).

jenniferinsf
10-03-2015, 09:13 AM
lorileah...you are a hoot...i hope your response is true...you rock

moi, i have the first $1,000 phone as i dropped it twice and cracked the screen trying to take pics...i also used the very fun youcam makeu app (android) to do the avatar.

usally set camera on shelf, lean against something ....that's why it fell

Anne K
10-03-2015, 10:06 AM
There are mini tripods available for iPhones. They are very handy> Bought mine on Amazon. Have fun!

~Joanne~
10-03-2015, 10:13 AM
I use a canon digital Camera, the timer, and a tripod with a door mirror behind it. The mirror shows me if I am fully in frame or not. This is how i do about half of my photos, the other half is taken by my other half lol :D

Princess Lexi
10-20-2015, 06:18 PM
I use a Samsung phone with an app called PicsArt it has a time lapse option that ranges from 1 sec to 30 sec I generally use the 15 sec app I usually take about 30 shots and find 5 that I like I've been trying for years to get a decent shot and PicsArt does it for me

- - - Updated - - -

I screen shot the process for you252166

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this helps you it was a miracle for me also I bought a small little 8 by 10 mirror from the dollar store to set up next to my phone to help with posing

S. Lisa Smith
10-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Nikon D90, tripod and a remote. Wish I had a human to take my pictures!!

AllieBellema
10-20-2015, 08:12 PM
I just set the timer up on my Nikon D3100 and pose for pics from there. Really don't have anything beyond my bike in my dining room area of my apartment so it makes for a good posing area.

SharonDenise
10-20-2015, 09:28 PM
I use a camera with a tripod. Before I bought the tripod I experimented with the camera placed on the kitchen counter. A tripod is great for selfies.

Andrea Chenowith
10-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Late to the thread, but wanted to share anyway. :-)

I use a tripod and my DSLR, but I set it up on an interval timer. Since it will auto-focus on whatever's in the frame, I pre-compose the shot and set a remote-triggered flash that I either bounce off the ceiling or - if I'm lucky - push through a shoot-through umbrella.

I tell the camera to take anywhere between 30-50 pictures - depending on how far I have to walk from the camera to my mark - usually on a 7-second interval to give the flash time to recycle. On the back side of my tripod, I try to set up a full-length mirror so that I can see how my poses look as I'm doing them. In the edit, I lose between 3-5 pictures on the front end (shots of my backside walking) but I have a lot of options.

And it _almost_ feels like a modeling session.

ETA - Here's a shot from before we officially moved in to our new townhouse. I was lucky enough to have a month's overlap where I had free rein to play a bit during the day.

natalie_cheryl
10-29-2015, 04:23 PM
i usually set my cell up on a window, tree, rock, table whatever an use the voice shutter option on the camera

mikayla1964
10-29-2015, 07:10 PM
I just hold my phone out and snap a few pics then I pick thru them.

Lacy PJs
10-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Haven't really taken any pictures of myself yet but Andrea Chenowith has the right idea. A lot of advanced cameras have an interval timer that you can set to take so many pictures, one per how often. So, you can take twenty-five pictures, one every fifteen seconds. That should give you plenty of time to rearrange yourself, etc. But don't forget that oftentimes, the best photos are the casual ones... ones that you just happen to take when you aren't really ready.

Lacy PJs

antheia
10-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Me:)

An iphone is enough for me. I put it on somewhere and set the timer, then it's okay :)

samantha rogers
10-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Just call me Queen of the selfie stick lol.... Yes I'm THAT girl haha

Nikki Elle
10-31-2015, 05:28 AM
Depending upon what I want to achieve I have several strategies:

1) I like to work on my makeup skills and track my progress- so a consistent set of pictures at the vanity from left, right, center with the cell phone. Same distance, camera, lighting....it's a good comparison

2) For simple self pics, the webcam is great. The resolution isn't high but it softens everything, the color is just okay in most lighting situations, it's fast and easy, pics are immediately available on the computer....the biggest advantage is a large screen staring back at you so you can get the right look.

3) For glamour shots - the wife takes the photos. She gets very excited about the whole process and is picky about the look, most of my pics are horrible and get deleted. If we get 1 pic of 20 I like then it's a success. I love to dress up in a coordinated outfit and work on my look.

4) Finally, any other pics I use a tripod with a DSLR and a remote. Remotes are available for almost all DSLR's, even the oldest canons. You pick them up for around $10-20. They are small and easily lost, the most recent I bought was an amazon branded remote for canon for $10.00.

I/we take lots of photos for self-improvement, documenting my growth, finding what look really works and where I crash and burn. Plus it's lots of fun....

CarlaWestin
10-31-2015, 07:31 AM
Digital camera on a tripod mostly. Usually with the timer. Sometimes I'll get a bonus shot if I change up the scene. I'm not a pro but I do like to play with lighting and venue. I've also gotten some nice stills from video using an inexpensive HD camcorder.

In this shot I'm seeing the pose on a wifi tablet.

Here, the lighting kinda dazzles the shot.

I'm always searching for the next best image and someday, I want to buy a real camera.

MichelleDevon
10-31-2015, 11:48 AM
I mostly use DSLR on a tripod with an infra red remote - sometimes I use the self-timer but the remote gives more flexibility because you can just keep taking pics. I also take quite a few using my iphone and a mirror. Have just acquired a selfie-stick so will be exploring that as well.

Donna June
10-31-2015, 01:10 PM
Like most here I use a digital camera, tripod and self timer. I put a full length mirror in front of the tripod to see myself and make sure all is in place and my poses look okay. I set the timer for 20 seconds so I have ample time. Afterwards I will use a photo program on the pc to crop and adjust lighting etc.

tifftg
10-31-2015, 01:30 PM
I have a digital camera, a variety of tripods, full length to small travel size, use the timer on the camera. Lot's of running back and forth.

JenniferR771
10-31-2015, 02:33 PM
Oh yes! I love to take photos. I don't have a DSLR or remote. Mine are mostly tripod and self timer. In my avatar, the camera is sitting on a high dresser; there is a tall 150 watt lamp with the shade off and aluminum foil is crimped around the hoop to reflect more light; blank neutral wall in a corner.
I should point out that with the shade off, the top of a lamp is usually the proper threads to mount your camera on top. Danger: there is a high chance of dropping your camera--take precautions.

I also like to place my camera on a window sill--great natural light. Sometimes, of course, you have to sit on the floor to get your face in the frame.

Acastina
11-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Video tripod, AV cable to TV for monitoring, remote control on older 3mp point-and-shoot. Being able to see the composition on the monitor is priceless for staying in frame and getting the pose you're looking for. Forward-facing small monitor on the DSLR also works, but not as easy to see, and file size is ridiculous at 18mp.

Just be sure to hide the remote in your hand, and smile!

StefaniLara
11-12-2015, 12:13 AM
So far, all I've taken are selfies with my phone. I tried to let my friend take my picture, but I quickly discovered that she's not very good at taking them. I would like to buy a camera and a tripod, but I have to wait.

Robin414
11-12-2015, 12:32 AM
I use a Samsung phone with an app called PicsArt it has a time lapse option that ranges from 1 sec to 30 sec I generally use the 15 sec app I usually take about 30 shots and find 5 that I like I've been trying for years to get a decent shot and PicsArt does it for me

- - - Updated - - -

I screen shot the process for you252166

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this helps you it was a miracle for me also I bought a small little 8 by 10 mirror from the dollar store to set up next to my phone to help with posing

OMG Lexi, I've seen you're before and after! How do do you rock that cleavage girl!!

Paula Siemen
11-12-2015, 09:02 AM
I think I've tried it all. Digital camera on a tripod with timer....what a hassle. Cell phone camera on a tripod with remote shutter gizzmoe.....OK,but still have to pre set the camera view and then hope you are in the right spot to get the shot. Selfie stick......but selfie side of camera does not have a flash so face is always dark. I just bought a digital photo editing program. Photo Explosion and am learning how to brighten the photo, adjust the color and crop the digital pic files. I think this will help a great deal. Just playing with it now. Good Luck.